• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Summer TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine saw the Tyrant pilot, and said it was great. I'm working on the OT now - hope to have it up late today or sometime tomorrow.

TheOddOne

A friend of mine saw the Tyrant pilot, and said it was great. I'm working on the OT now - hope to have it up late today or sometime tomorrow.
Can't wait.

giphy.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'll also be watching Total Drama: Pahkitew Island. I'm addicted to this damned cartoon.

Sounds depressing. I need some comedy relief with my drama. Think I'll pass on this one.

I also think its the reason I have touble getting into shows on AMC that don't feature Roger Sterling.

That was fun. Looks better than Married.

Agreed on both counts.

Moondrop

Banned
I can't wait for Covert Affairs. I think there's something up with the licensing in Canada though; the only USA show I've seen on-air is Psych, and they just started running the recently completed season. They must be biased because the network is called USA.

Vert boil

Although I didn't like it, Dominion was at least interesting structurally. It felt more like a play than a tv show.
Las Vegas is a fitting setting for the show. It borrows from everything, executes on each part poorly and the sum total of everything is just weird.

dominion7zrkrv.gif

Mighty Morphin Power Angels! America, Fuck YEAH!

I'm sure Rafa will humble the female cast.

spwolf

Any hype for Dominion? syfy is pushing it hard, any chance it'll be good?

i loved the show... much better than usual syfy garbage. Premise was interesting and different from usual "aliens invaded". It seems like some people just wanted it to be horrible... but it is actually looking way more interesting than defiance or that stargate crap a lot of people liked.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Although I didn't like it, Dominion was at least interesting structurally. It felt more like a play than a tv show.
Las Vegas is a fitting setting for the show. It borrows from everything, executes on each part poorly and the sum total of everything is just weird.

dominion7zrkrv.gif

Mighty Morphin Power Angels! America, Fuck YEAH!

I'm sure Rafa will humble the female cast.

but that Gif is amazing
ly cheesy
:(

I was just checking out some trailers for Married and You're The Worst when something caught my eye :p

Married trailer

Justified S5

Heh FX

Anyways, I'm gonna try out both these comedy shows. A summer filled with just drama would be a bit much after all.

Yeah, FX's budgets are not the best. Espesially for comedies.

Vert boil

So Young and Hungry started last night. Twas generic crap.

So Taxi Brooklyn started last night. It focuses on Emilien's role (cop) over Daniels (driver).
Pretty poor. It tries to copy the style of the original film a bit but fails. First let me punch myself in the face, *punch* but some french rap music would help quite a bit.
Transporter with all its faults was a much better adaption.

So Mystery Girls started last night,
rashidapuke31akj.gif

So Taxi Brooklyn started last night. It focuses on Emilien's role (cop) over Daniels (driver).
Pretty poor. It tries to copy the style of the original film a bit but fails. First let me punch myself in the face, *punch* but some french rap music would help quite a bit.
Transporter with all its faults was a much better adaption.]
I love original french movies. Especially the second.

Vert boil

So The Honourable Woman started last night (starts at the end of July in 'merica),

Nothing special so far. It was a bit on the snoozer side and a little too full of itself. Despite all of the hooks they left dangling I'm not overly compelled to learn more.

Gyllenhaal really needs to go to the doctors and get every shot imaginable after that last bit.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What do you have against Martin? His movies are amazing. 10/90 thing is what bothers me.

I guess his brand of humor just isn't my thing.

Extant starts tonight. I don't think there's a thread up for it yet, so if someone's motivated please make one. Metacritic has it at about 70 right now.

You gonna watch? I considered it, but I think that I'll probably pass. I might watch at the end of the season if reviews are still positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom