• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is wrong with Sega?

BuddyC

EXCLUSIVE PICS OF VARIOUS GAF MEMBERS
blinder2.jpg

dog$

Hates quality gaming
efralope said:
ok, so how am I supposed to get excited about their upcoming games? the best way is to play what they've got.

I bought Chu Chu Rocket, Samba de Amigo (+ 2 maracas), Sonic Adveture, Sonic Adventure 2 after hearing Yuji Naka say "Sonic would choose to be on GCN".

So, after seeing how cool Sonic Team's games were, I also bought Chu Chu Rocket on GBA, Sonic Advance on GBA, and Billy Hatcher later on GCN.

My favorite Dreamcast game is probably Jet Grind Radio (had been excited and intriuged by the game since E3 2000, but I fell in love with it once I bought it. Is this good for Sega, or bad (a friend did the same thing, he bought a DC, not sure if before or after GCN, but as long as it wasn't Sony it was pretty much not an issue for Nintendo fans from what I can tell)?

Good, since having played Sega's games, I was like a born-again Sega fan (having had a Genesis late in the game w/ about 5 games). I was now buying their games for new systems (GBA + GCN at least). How does a consumer gaining SEGA's confidence from a defunct console and games not help Sega at least a little bit.
Because $0.00 of the money you spent on that old dead shit went to Sega.
And that's all that matters.
Plus, I would love to hear a recording of Naka saying the acronymn "GCN", like a fucking marketing schill.

Even Nintendo recommends looking for NES and SNES at used games stores since they are no longer carried by retailers...
Except the ones that they rerelase for their handhelds.
But otherwise, sure, they're happy for you to spend money on anything but the competition.

efralope said:
um, how is buying an XBox or PS2 going to help Sega, it's buying their games that help. I was still buying their GCN/GBA games at a good rate. I wouldn't have time to play them all anyway, and I'm sure some of their XBox/PS2 games are as good as some 3rd party games on GCN. Besides, I'm also a Capcom/Namco at least a little bit, so my funds are only going to go so far. Also, I heard JSRF was a game not as good as the Dreamcast JGR. I got a copy cheap, and would buy it for GCN if they had it, but not worth the purchase of an extra system from what I can tell...

The only reason I mention about buying another is System is so you can BUY and PLAY other Sega games that are not on the Gamecube. Personally I don't care if you don't have a PS2 or X-box. Just don't cry when certain games are not made avaliable.

sonic4ever said:
If Sega said tomorrow, " we are dropping the PS2 and X-box for Gamecube only". I wouldn't have a problem. I would get a gamecube. I don't own a loyality to a system, just Sega.

But i can assure you that you're one of the few.......there's that not so rare disease that makes people buying all things Sony including tvs and hi-fi's who refuse to buy anything not manufactured by Sony......i actually met one of these.....hilarious but true......

efralope said:
yeah, I don't see too many "well, if you are a true RE fan you would get a GCN no matter what"

what I hear is "Capcom made a mistake keeping it off PS2, and should bring it back if they want it to sell"

FYI, If I LOVED Resident Evil, I would have NO problem getting a gamecube. I mainly like Capcom's 2d fighters.

Alcibiades

sonic4ever said:
FYI, If I LOVED Resident Evil, I would have NO problem getting a gamecube. I mainly like Capcom's 2d fighters.
But i can assure you that you're one of the few.......there's that not so rare disease that makes people buying all things Sony including tvs and hi-fi's who refuse to buy anything not manufactured by Sony......i actually met a few of these.....sad but true......

efralope said:
ok, so how am I supposed to get excited about their upcoming games? the best way is to play what they've got.

I bought Chu Chu Rocket, Samba de Amigo (+ 2 maracas), Sonic Adveture, Sonic Adventure 2 after hearing Yuji Naka say "Sonic would choose to be on GCN".

So, after seeing how cool Sonic Team's games were, I also bought Chu Chu Rocket on GBA, Sonic Advance on GBA, and Billy Hatcher later on GCN.

My favorite Dreamcast game is probably Jet Grind Radio (had been excited and intriuged by the game since E3 2000, but I fell in love with it once I bought it. Is this good for Sega, or bad (a friend did the same thing, he bought a DC, not sure if before or after GCN, but as long as it wasn't Sony it was pretty much not an issue for Nintendo fans from what I can tell)?

Good, since having played Sega's games, I was like a born-again Sega fan (having had a Genesis late in the game w/ about 5 games). I was now buying their games for new systems (GBA + GCN at least). How does a consumer gaining SEGA's confidence from a defunct console and games not help Sega at least a little bit.

How can you be a born again SEGA fan when you refuse to buy their games because their on a Sony branded console.

I'm this close to importing Virtua Racing because it doesn't look like it'll be arriving here in America. I'll have to mod my PS2,import the game,and for all I know I may have to buy another PS2 if Sony has a similair policy with bans with people who go online with a mod chip installed. Why am I doing this? Why shouldn't I wait for a possible port to the Xbox and its strengths instead?

Because I want the actual game already. Why can't you do the same? Its not anything major,just enjoy the games no matter where they appear and stop worrying about walking some straight line for the sake of pleasing Nintendo. Youre simply saying youre a Sega fan when its convenienet to you and Nintendo. Youre already missing out on good Sega support on the PS2,and then soon the PSP as well. Why make things so difficult when you can have the pick of the liter instead?

Crazy Nintendo fans:b

T-1000_Model3 said:
How can you be a born again SEGA fan when you refuse to buy their games because their on a Sony branded console.

I'm this close to importing Virtua Racing because it doesn't look like it'll be arriving here in America. I'll have to mod my PS2,import the game,and for all I know I may have to buy another PS2 if Sony has a similair policy with bans with people who go online with a mod chip installed. Why am I doing this? Why shouldn't I wait for a possible port to the Xbox and its strengths instead?

Because I want the actual game already. Why can't you do the same? Its not anything major,just enjoy the games no matter where they appear and stop worrying about walking some straight line for the sake of pleasing Nintendo. Youre simply saying youre a Sega fan when its convenienet to you and Nintendo. Youre already missing out on good Sega support on the PS2,and then soon the PSP as well. Why make things so difficult when you can have the pick of the liter instead?

You took the word right out of my mouth. I tried to tell Enfralope that but he won't listen. Nintendo won't allow him to.

Vargas

CVXFREAK said:
In case anyone was actually wondering, you're not really an RE fan if you refuse to buy a GameCube.

All you need is Resident Evil 2. Everything else is not worth the trouble.

Alcibiades

T-1000_Model3 said:

Actually, even before GCN's release, I contemplated a Dreamcast. I was waiting for some special edition (like they had done with their black sports editions) first. Before Dreamcast's release, I was kinda thinking I'd be anti-Sega since I anticipated a murdering of N64, but as I saw the games previewed and saw Ready 2 Rumble boxing and some Sega games, I became really interested. I was in high school though, and money and time didn't really allow for much gameplaying (not even that much N64, which I played heavily 8-10th grade, but extracurricular activities in 11-12th kept busy so much that I was sleep-deprived most of the time, even during summers sometimes.

Sega's intent to support GCN and GBA and XBox (which I also have considered getting) had me wanting a Dreamcast even more so I could catch up on games. Unfortunately, it was basically fall of my Freshman year before I had time to do much of anything videogame-wise.

I bought a GCN and Super Monkey Ball, played it once or twice (awesome), then put it away for the holidays (only a few weeks away), so I could concenrate on school stuff.

I also started buying up a bunch of Dreamcast stuff (really excited about finally playing JGR).

In a way it kinda came together for when I bought Sega systems. I'd always loved hearing about their games like Burning Rangers and Panzar Dragoon Saga, so when I saw a Saturn for cheap at Wal-Mart, I bought one in hopes of attaining some of the cheaper games (like Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo).

That said, in college my time is kinda limited, even recently, my gaming habits are all over the place, and I mostly just play multiplayer on weekends, and very little one-player, only when I have time...

Convenience is a factor when buying games, even when they are from your favorite company. If I had the time and money, I'd import Starfi, Doshin, etc, but I gotta do with what I got, and if Sega could put their games on GCN too, I probably wouldn't hesitate in buying them, which is simpler and less expensive than buying a new system. Japanese companies are already filling up my time with great GCN games. I'd like for Sega to be a bigger part of that, and I'd give them preference over others when buying, but they just aren't providing the content.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Vargas said:
All you need is Resident Evil 2. Everything else is not worth the trouble.
REmake (and quite possibly RE4) bitchslaps that statement down.

Vargas

Resident Evil 1 is boring in all of it's incarnations. Resident Evil 4 isn't even counted since it isn't even out yet.

too much hate and RE has nothing to do with Sega so stop it.

Everything is wrong with SEGA. I tell you guys exactly how to gauge this.

Truth is they're called SAMMYSEGA or SEGASAMMY or something whack like that.

so..

SEGA is dead. DEAD.

* OA is full of fucktards and hate.

DyersEve

I find it ironic and funny that the main people doing the most bitching in this thread are the Sega Xbox fanboys not the Nintendo ones. I dont usually post but damn let this thread die or atleast get back on topic.

ZILLION

So did we ever figure out what the hell was wrong with Sega? We deliberated for 267 replys already.

What's "wrong" with Sega is that they found themselves under mounds of debt with an urgency to post profits as they hadn't done so in close to a decade. To facilitate that,they moved the focus away from an unpredictable home market where they were severely behind the tech curve and focused on the far more predictable(and profitable) arcade market.

Due to said arcade focus,budgets and staff for home games were likely reduced in an effort to reduce losses in the home division. While this negatively impacted the quality of home games,the profitable arcade allowed them to post an overall profit for the first time in ages.

With the Sammy merger becoming official next month,here's hoping the financial stability allows Sega the time and creative freedom to develop console titles more worthy of their name. I think it will. :)

Alcibiades

ZILLION said:
What's "wrong" with Sega is that they found themselves under mounds of debt with an urgency to post profits as they hadn't done so in close to a decade. To facilitate that,they moved the focus away from an unpredictable home market where they were severely behind the tech curve and focused on the far more predictable(and profitable) arcade market.

Due to said arcade focus,budgets and staff for home games were likely reduced in an effort to reduce losses in the home division. While this negatively impacted the quality of home games,the profitable arcade allowed them to post an overall profit for the first time in ages.

With the Sammy merger becoming official next month,here's hoping the financial stability allows Sega the time and creative freedom to develop console titles more worthy of their name. I think it will. :)
there's already console titles already out there worth of their name (inluding GunValkyrie, Panzar Dragoon Orta), they just aren't on a system where the userbase want them.

What about Virtua Fighter, Shinobi, NFL 2k5, and Phantasy Star Online. Sega's business decisions have more to do with their situation than creative talent.

They've got the games, I don't think you can dispute that. Are they all AAA titles, no. But a lot of what they put out is rock-solid.

ZILLION

efralope said:
there's already console titles already out there worth of their name (inluding GunValkyrie, Panzar Dragoon Orta), they just aren't on a system where the userbase want them.

What about Virtua Fighter, Shinobi, NFL 2k5, and Phantasy Star Online. Sega's business decisions have more to do with their situation than creative talent.

They've got the games, I don't think you can dispute that. Are they all AAA titles, no. But a lot of what they put out is rock-solid.

Definately,I didn't mean to imply that there have been no good games. I just think Sega are stuck in a transition between console manufacturer and third party and need time to find their place.

DyersEve said:
I find it ironic and funny that the main people doing the most bitching in this thread are the Sega Xbox fanboys not the Nintendo ones. I dont usually post but damn let this thread die or atleast get back on topic.

Why would the Sega X-box fans be the ones that are bitching? The Sega X-box and PS2 fans are the ones getting a Port of Monkey Ball 1 & 2. I see the Sega Nintendo fans complaining the most, becuase they see an exclusive being brought to other systesm, and they feel Sega owes them another Game in return. The truth of the matter, it may not happen. Other old time Sega fans are just saying if you like Sega games, a perosn would be willing to look past system loyality and buy the games on another system.

sonic4ever said:
Why would the Sega X-box fans be the ones that are bitching? The Sega X-box and PS2 fans are the ones getting a Port of Monkey Ball 1 & 2. I see the Sega Nintendo fans complaining the most, becuase they see an exclusive being brought to other systesm, and they feel Sega owes them another Game in return. The truth of the matter, it may not happen. Other old time Sega fans are just saying if you like Sega games, a perosn would be willing to look past system loyality and buy the games on another system.

Sonic4ever. GIVE IT A REST! You're not bring anything new to this discussion (see page 2 or 3 for a repeat). Xeroxing is fun

time to lock this thread, I reckon.

Let's make it simple; system loyalists are the ones bitching, the Nintendo fans that feel Sega betrayed them w/ the porting of Monkey Ball.

Here's the solution to the problem (not just Nin fans): stop being system advocates and start being game advocates. The system wars shit is so fucking juvenile. PROTIP: Grow the hell up.

I have an Xbox and a PS2 and don't have any "loyalty" to either manufacturer. The only thing I have against either company is the lack of quality in constructing the hardware by Sony. My old PS2 broke down twice before I decided to stop testing my luck and go trade it in. I got a proscan model a couple of days after the drop to $150, basically upgrading for $50. Here's to hoping it can last.

The only reason I don't have a Cube is that I'm not particularly into the majority of games it has, not some system loyalty shit. I'll get one at some point in the future, plus a GB Player, once it's ~ $50 (used or otherwise) since it does have a few that I wouldn't mind playing.

I used to be a Segan, but the death of the DC made me realize that it's pointless to follow around a HW manufacturer like a dog. Try out different games by different companies, broaden your horizons, be a game fan. Don't anchor yourself to one console if you don't have to (lack of $$).

Overall I still like Sega games. I still think they make good games: shinobi, Panzeer Dragoon Orta, JSRF, Toe Jam and Earl 3, Phantasy Star Online, Beach Spikers, VF4, Outrun 2, Gun Valkyrie....ect. They are all good and arcade style games, and that maybe one of thier problems here in the USA. The one thing that giving Sega money in Japan is killing them in the USA. Thier are no Arcades in the USA, and the majority of video game players don't like Arcade style games. To the hardcore they have seem to loss some focus, but that is becuase they used to have one system where they could go to. Since Sega no longer produces thier own system, Sega may feel they don't have to produce as many games. Really they are in a losing battel, the games they are best at, are no longer popular. The saturn and dreamcast has damaged thier reputation with causuals, and they no longer have thier own system for the hardcore.

That is what is wrong with Sega. thier games are still good.

Saturnman

Banned
Based on some of the comments in this thread, any developer that does business with Nintendo, it is like dealing with the mafia. It was true with the monopoly of 8-bit and Nfans keep the tradition alive today by punishing 'disloyal' developers who dared cross-platform games that magically became Nintendo property because they appeared on a Nintendo platform first.

TheGreenGiant will not agree, but he can not accuse me of not bringing something new to this thread. :p

Shinobi

bionic77 said:
It would rock if Sega somehow got their shit together and started putting out typical Sega quality software for the next gen. Sega just hasn't seemed the same since the DC died. :(

I actually think that the N-fans have 'some' logic to what they are saying. It really doesn't make a lot of sense for Sega to support the Xbox with so much software when they obviously don't buy it. Just like it made sense for Sega to drop the GC from it's sports lineup when they sold like garbage. Honestly, some of Sega's business decisions have made almost zero sense this gen. I only care about that because I don't want them to go the way of acclaim, if I was certain they would always be around I could care less as long as we kept getting kickass games and hopefully Sega gets their shit together soon.

If I felt they geninely cared about Sega it wouldn't bother me. But to me it just seems like bitching because one of the Cube's exclusive guns is now on an enemy machine.

kernel said:
Yes, very good. My post implied that I'm going to wait from now on because the rewards for the patient are getting too good. I may not always get extra content, but the worst that could happen is I get the game at a cheaper price. I've never seen a time where early adopters are slapped in the face like they are now. People who bought Sonic 3 didn't automatically get Sonic 2 included with their purchase, but today people who buy Otogi 2 get the entire first game for free! Good for me since I didn't buy the first game but sucks for those who made the sequel possible.

And both of your comparisons are shit. Like I said before, my post implied that the rewards are getting too good. If I bought a car in 2002 and saw today that those who waited an extra 12 - 18 months to buy that car will get the old model plus the new model and 46 extra levels all at less than a quarter of the price of what I had to pay, then I would have every right to get a teensy bit angry. Had Sega just given the other console owners the games packaged together at a cheaper price, I wouldn't have minded as much. But because of the extra levels I will have to buy this new version too which will bring my total to $130 plus tax and shipping.

It's really quite simple.

Er, and you don't think the original two games can't be had at a low price now? I mean if you shop at TRU then you might have a problem, but they're gonna be low priced at any half decent street store.

Sorry, still don't see what there is to complain about...then again I grew up on the Commodore 64, when compilations of games released a year or two before for a good price were quite common. Happened a lot on PC as well, and still happens to a small extent. You've put no timeline on this, so how far do you wanna go? Was the four game Mario All Stars cart a slap in the face to NES owners that paid 70 bucks each for three Mario games? Or if you wanna go more recent, was the GTA Double Pack on XBox a slap in the face for PS2 owners, even though they'd had GTA3 to play for two years? I don't see it...you get your game when you get your game. Stands to reason a re-release or port elsewhere might have more extras or be priced cheaper.

sonic4ever said:
Square screwed over Nintendo, worst then Sega. Besides making a bad movie, Square has done well on PS1 and PS2. Square has made one Gamecube game, but that was with Nintendo's own money, and becuase Square wanted to work on the GBA. Sega has given the Gamcube better support then just one game like Square. I don't think the Nintendo fanboys have the power like they think. So I doubt Sega is worried about "screwing" over Nintendo as some people call it.

Yeah, where's all the Square bitching at these days? Sega was Nintendo's arch enemy at one time, while Nintendo and Square were literally fuck buddies during the same time period. Then Square makes some grandiose announcement about getting back with Nintendo, and what do they have to show for it? Some FF spinoff. Hell, they co-developed F-Zero and gave Cube it's only online games to date. Threw Sonic Adventure 2 on Cube as well, even though it was "DC Xkloooosive!!!11" at one point. And Sega's screwing Nintendo fans more? It's the inconsistency regarding Sega that I don't get.

etiolate said:
Shinobi dude

If you are seeing this as a Nintendo vs Sega issue you are missing the point. It's a Sega creating bad pub with an audience by giving other consoles extra content suddenly. It's a Sega making another good original content into a cheap port. It's a Sega shooting themselves in the foot issue. Sega's history of pissing off their own fans has decreased their userbase over time, why is it such a controversial issue to say they are now doing it to other fans?

No dude, you're missing the point. Super Monkey Ball was never an original game for Cube, made from the ground up. It was an arcade port. That you think it's an original Cube game means you're simply wrong from the jump. The fact that some of you think you're entitled to a third party exclusive for life shows just how out of touch some of you are. It isn't 1988 anymore. And I would hope some of you aren't 12 anymore, but I'm really not sure.

xsarien said:
hell, the only reason Outrun 2 is coming out is because it was built on Chihiro, and Sega found a company willing to do the port for them (not that I mind.)

It was the first big blunder of Sega's 3rd party life.

Incorrect...it's being ported because Microsoft wanted it (hell, they're publishing it in North America). Why? Don't ask me...if it sells 30,000 copies I'll be amazed. But either way, I imagine Sega is being compensated for the game.

Sho Nuff said:
As I'm playing Monkey Ball on my Xbox, I will be thinking of the whiners in this thread, and it will make the gameplay experience all that more sweet.

Evil%20Laugh.jpg

:lol

efralope said:
Before people criticize my stance, let's see what lies in Sega's future.

Before people criticize Sega's every move, why don't we see what lies in their future. Which as I've said all along doesn't belong in this generation, but the next.

efralope said:
Look at EA and Activision, they put games out on all systems for the most part, because they see it important to grow the number of people that are playing their games.

Publishers like EA established themselves this generation from the jump. Sega was almost two years behind on PS2 and several months behind on Cube and XBox, which isn't good for a company who's output is as large as any in the industry.

kpop100 said:
supporting a company is one thing. boycotting the others because you are a mindless brainwashed bot is another. right now there are plenty of Nintendo execs laughing about the likes of you and your "Nintendo friends", and getting plenty rich off it.

Heh, tis the sad truth...

dog$ said:
efralope: I bought a Dreamcast and Sega Saturn AFTER I got a Gamecube.
Sega: We could have used that money when we were still supporting our systems. Thanks for absolutely nothing.

:lol

sonic4ever said:
If Sega said tomorrow, " we are dropping the PS2 and X-box for Gamecube only". I wouldn't have a problem. I would get a gamecube. I don't own a loyality to a system, just Sega.

Yep...makes no difference to me now.

TheGreenGiant said:
too much hate and RE has nothing to do with Sega so stop it.

True...I wouldn't play RE if you paid me. Boring clunky ass piece of shit.

BuddyChrist83 said:
newsflash: so is GAF, we're just less racist about it.

construction.jpg

DyersEve said:

:lol The delusionary posts continue...

Bauer Action Hour said:
Let's make it simple; system loyalists are the ones bitching, the Nintendo fans that feel Sega betrayed them w/ the porting of Monkey Ball.

Here's the solution to the problem (not just Nin fans): stop being system advocates and start being game advocates. The system wars shit is so fucking juvenile. PROTIP: Grow the hell up.

I have an Xbox and a PS2 and don't have any "loyalty" to either manufacturer. The only thing I have against either company is the lack of quality in constructing the hardware by Sony. My old PS2 broke down twice before I decided to stop testing my luck and go trade it in. I got a proscan model a couple of days after the drop to $150, basically upgrading for $50. Here's to hoping it can last.

The only reason I don't have a Cube is that I'm not particularly into the majority of games it has, not some system loyalty shit. I'll get one at some point in the future, plus a GB Player, once it's ~ $50 (used or otherwise) since it does have a few that I wouldn't mind playing.

I used to be a Segan, but the death of the DC made me realize that it's pointless to follow around a HW manufacturer like a dog. Try out different games by different companies, broaden your horizons, be a game fan. Don't anchor yourself to one console if you don't have to (lack of $$).

I agree with virtually all of this. I will say that when Sega was making hardware, I was doing just fine owning just that machine and nothing else. From a fanboy perspective it was tough seeing Team Ninja dump DOA2 on PS2 within a couple of months, but from "a realist with a fucking brain" perspective, I just accepted that as business. Same with EA not being on DC...I considered it disappointing, but know they've got their own shit to worry about. I was just glad for the games I did get, rather then bitching about the games I didn't get (well, Colin McRae 2 was a DC game I really wanted, but after it was canned I simply bought the PC version...big fucking deal).

With more disposable income available, I would've likely bought either a PS2 or XBox to compliment the DC anyway. PS2 was always on the radar due to getting the WRC license exclusive for five years, and I knew it would be strong for racing games. It was just a matter of when I'd eventually land one. That's just how it goes...if you don't have the money, then I understand why it's a tough deal. But if you do, the fanboy attitude simply isn't excusable.

Saturnman said:
Based on some of the comments in this thread, any developer that does business with Nintendo, it is like dealing with the mafia. It was true with the monopoly of 8-bit and Nfans keep the tradition alive today by punishing 'disloyal' developers who dared cross-platform games that magically became Nintendo property because they appeared on a Nintendo platform first.

TheGreenGiant will not agree, but he can not accuse me of not bringing something new to this thread. :p

Heh, or something that isn't true...though I'm sure he'll try.

AniHawk

Just a couple observations and things I need to say:

1. People who are upset about SMB: Get OVER IT. You've had at least both games for about 2 years now and Sega's done a lot for the GC such as what Shinobi said about PSO, Sonic, F-Zero, etc. It's not like it matters in the long run. As long as there's at least the original audience for the game (GC owners), the franchise will continue on that system (even Mortal Kombat 6 is coming after only 200,000 in sales for MK5).

2. There are people in this thread who are giving legit reasons for why this and others are stupid moves from a business standpoint, and since they are known Nintendo fans, that's the focus of ridicule, and the words being said are ignored because they are Nintendo fans. If you want to talk about system loyalty, you need to first realize that hating a fan loyal to a company because they are one is as bad as being loyal to the company in the first place.

3. Things in this thread have been said over and over and over. If you think that you've said it already here before, or something very similar, then be the one to stop it. Just don't let it continue. Be the bigger man and let the other guy think he's right- whether or not he is.

Instead of yelling and arguing we should identify Sega's real problem.

As I said, The one thing that is hurting Sega Is the Type of games they make: Arcade style games. Arcade style games have become unpopular. Critics and reviews often find them Shallow and repetitive, and ignore the Technique involved in the game play. The only people that like the Arcade style games are the ones that grew up when arcade games were around.

What seems to be popular today, are free roaming, and exploratory type games. The one reason Nintendo has had an easier time in the transition is that alot of thier games are Exploreatory type games.

Newer Players want to be rewarded for Playing the game. They want things unlocked, every minute. If you look at the Arcade style games that are popular, they are the ones that allow you to unlock things: Tekken, Soul calibre, and V4.
I think, if shinobi had allowed you to unlock, let's say the old Genesis shinobis on normal, then the critics would have given the game scores of 80%, instead of 70 % that the game received.
I don't think Sega has fully adoted to what the Modern player wants.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mr_Furious said:
If this thread has proven one thing it's how truly pathetic Sega fanboys can be.
And not the Nintendo fanboys who feel personally offended because Sega hurt their Kyoto-based big brother's feelings?

General rule of thumb: fanboys, period, are pathetic. That's why we add the "boy" at the end.

Alcibiades

MetatronM said:
And not the Nintendo fanboys who feel personally offended because Sega hurt their Kyoto-based big brother's feelings?

General rule of thumb: fanboys, period, are pathetic. That's why we add the "boy" at the end.
I don't think anyone feels personally offended as much as mystified by SEGA's decision to put more games on systems that aren't budging to their games and less games on systems that have welcomed their games with open arms.

Taking about the US/Sports games, Virtua Fighter and Shinobi are the only games that really stand out as successes on a non-Nintendo system.

Hero

The main thing that I'm upset about is the fact that the PS2/Xbox versions get about 50 NEW levels. This really pisses me off since I bought both games when they came out, and two years later PS2/Xbox get both games for a budget price.

MetatronM said:

I actually had "Sega/Nintendo fanboys" in my post but edited it. My bad.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Sega needs to port VF4 Final Tuned to Xbox and make it Xbox Live compatible. If they do that, I'll forgive them for everything else.

efralope said:
I don't think anyone feels personally offended as much as mystified by SEGA's decision to put more games on systems that aren't budging to their games and less games on systems that have welcomed their games with open arms.

Taking about the US/Sports games, Virtua Fighter and Shinobi are the only games that really stand out as successes on a non-Nintendo system.

Maybe Sega of Japan are looking at the Japanese games sells and not the American ones. Maybe the reason PS2 and X-box are getting a quick Super Monkey Ball Port is becuase either Europe or America requested it. Sega of Europe and Microsoft are the ones that requested Outrun 2 for X-box. Before SOE's request, Sega of Japan had no interest in bringing Outrun 2 to the X-box. Sega of Japan has ignored the American audience before, after the Geneisis after they took control of Sega from the American branch. This is just a guess.

Any more. It is all good now. Trust me. You will hear news soon (could be next week, could be in two months) that many of you will be ecstatic about and many critics will nod in approval.

Top Bottom