• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the Wii? Gamestops in Burlington area report Wii in stores 2 weeks from today!

Mar

platypotamus said:
Oh shit, GAF is getting someone else from EB/Gamestop fired.

I'm the only one that finds this more interesting than the possibility of the Wii being released early. Right?

MrNibbles

Banned
I got a similar call from an EB in Santa Barbara.
They said they'd have them in for sure by October 22.
I assumed they ****ed up and meant November 22nd, and were covering their asses (22nd, not 19th) in case the 19th exploded.

Did someone high up fubar an e-mail that went out to like, everyone?

MrNibbles said:
I got a similar call from an EB in Santa Barbara.
They said they'd have them in for sure by October 22.
I assumed they ****ed up and meant November 22nd, and were covering their asses (22nd, not 19th) in case the 19th exploded.

Did someone high up fubar an e-mail that went out to like, everyone?
no

TwIsTeD

while this would be a great thing and I can greatly understand nintendo wanting to launch before the PS3 for various reasons I don`t think we would find out by an automated call from Gamestop, but then again I hope i`m wrong and maybe playing the Wii first will make me want to wait on getting a PS3 till next year

MrNibbles

Banned
Zelda is done. That blind kid got a copy.

And yes, I got that call yesterday around 3 pm.

And NO, Wii/Zelda will NOT come early.

they probably meant to say "Wii demos will be playable in stores October 22nd" not that they will be available for purchase.

MrNibbles

Banned
I am saying that the Wii will not launch before 11/19.

There WILL be stores breaking street date by a few days, like always, but this thread isn't about that.

3 people? Who besides me and the OP got the call?
(Didn't read the whole thread)

Perhaps this whole shit is confused with what was meant to refer to DEMO STATIONS? Gamespot has been drumming up a lot of shit about how they are the only ones who will get them before launch.

TehOh

I also got a call from Gamestop today. They told me that they will slip me a Splorgenborg under the counter next week if I promise to stop knocking over their magazine rack.

MrNibbles said:
I am saying that the Wii will not launch before 11/19.

There WILL be stores breaking street date by a few days, like always, but this thread isn't about that.

3 people? Who besides me and the OP got the call?
(Didn't read the whole thread)

Perhaps this whole shit is confused with what was meant to refer to DEMO STATIONS? Gamespot has been drumming up a lot of shit about how they are the only ones who will get them before launch.

Maybe thats what they mean, which means a Wii demo station with Zelda soon!!!!!

(or I'm just getting my hopes up.)

Sanjuro

I can confirm this. The guy at Reststop told me that the Wii was coming early....

smirk.jpg

AniHawk

TheKingsCrown said:
Zepking stopped talking with me. I'll resurrect thread when I call tomorrow, although perhaps Zepking is going to silence them?

He probably killed them over the phone.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Spinnington said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I'm calling tomorrow

It'd be hilarious if they got swamped with calls... Hell, even though I live on the other side of the country, I'll call'em just for fun! :lol

Not commenting on the topic at hand, but about the Saturn: the biggest reason its early surprise launch was a failure is that they only launched in 4 stores (EB, Software Etc, Babbages and Toys R Us IIRC), and therefore pissed off every other retailer while also not making a big splash.

BobTheFork said:
Very suprised this isn't onfermed BS yet. Oh come oh Nintendo DO IT...

I'm just as surprised as you are. I got this straight from either a crazy source or one who is making a big mistake and talking about info they aren't supposed to. If I hadn't heard it with my own ear I wouldn't have posted

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
BobTheFork said:
Very suprised this isn't onfermed BS yet. Oh come oh Nintendo DO IT...

TheKingsCrown said:
I'm just as surprised as you are. I got this straight from either a crazy source or one who is making a big mistake and talking about info they aren't supposed to. If I hadn't heard it with my own ear I wouldn't have posted

this won't end up being the case, so why hold out any hope?

i mean yeah that would be great blah blah, but speculation at this point is just unrealistic. nov 19. see you there.

StRaNgE

Banned
this could be great for all of us.

cuz ya know if it does go early we will all find out about it which would mean we would all have one in our grubby hands and have less worry of standing in line all day for nothing on a big announced launch day.

More evidence that this is BS: Nintendo World Store had openings recently and I applied. The start date for the job was very late in October so there is no way they would start training people after launch. And NWS is pretty tightly linked to Nintendo of America so they would know the latest information.

xsarien

daedsiluap
EphemeralDream said:
More evidence that this is BS: Nintendo World Store had openings recently and I applied. The start date for the job was very late in October so there is no way they would start training people after launch. And NWS is pretty tightly linked to Nintendo of America so they would know the latest information.

The only evidence you need is that some register jockey thinks it's true.

I'm admittedly disappointed in the lack of second day hijinx in this thread. I need closure. Was anyone fired? Has the Vermont store been hounded by GAFfer calls today?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
platypotamus said:
I'm admittedly disappointed in the lack of second day hijinx in this thread. I need closure. Was anyone fired? Has the Vermont store been hounded by GAFfer calls today?

i agree.. where are the updates???!!!

Hyjinx

platypotamus said:

You rang?

I wonder if the automated system was fired. :lol

platypotamus said:
I know that you're failing to deliver the hilarity!
THE GUY says that THEY DON'T KNOW WHEN pre-orders start and that the message DID NOT happen. IF the call went out, then HE SAYS he will have a message on HIS MACHINE when he gets home.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, so THIS is what happens when I'm not at my PC.

Damn you TV. Burn in Hell, coz now I'm late to the party =((

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
We just did our electronics transition monday night @ work (TARGET) and we have 2 4" glass cases empty. 1 ready for the Wii and the other for the Playstation 3. I think its a little strange considering these systems are launching in november. I'm guessing we just cleared the space for the kiosks and to build hype but then again anyone who's ever worked retail knows that empty shelves are a big no no.

maynerd

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
So, I got a call from my local gamestop stating that

1. I can pick up Zelda Wii in 2 weeks
2. That I can preorder Wii in 1 week
3. That Wii ships one week from when I preorder it.

Any confirmation from other sources? They called me and said these things...I have seen no threads on this...trying to confirm.

Not...gonna..happen

Top Bottom