• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What videogame franchise has the best music?

Ganondorfo

What videogame franchise had always great music in their games and never failed with bad music.

For me its

Castlevania
Megaman (not x series)
Mario
Romancing saga
Silent hill
Sonic
Final fantasy
Ys
Halo
Elder scrolls
Mass effect
Kingdom hearts
Seiken densetsu

I wont mention street fighter, because the alpha and super street fighter 4 had bad music.
I also wont mention metroid, because metroid other m doesnt have the metroid vibe music anymore, except for some remixes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The King Of Fighters.

Its a damn fact!
In my heart

Between the iconic stuff from first, the moody haunting melodies of Super, and Prime's soundtrack- Metroid. The music is a huge part of why I enjoy the series so much.

Shinobi has always had some great tunes associated with it. Even the portable versions had pretty "epic" soundtracks for their time.

Ganondorfo

Dizzy-4U said:
Valkyrie Profile for me. I haven't played the DS game though.

Doesnt it have the same music as valkyrie profile 1? Motoi sakuraba probably made the same music again, like he did with star ocean on the psp.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Metal Gear series. I mean, Harry Gregson-Williams, man. Seriously.

Also, any other series that features music by Mitsuda.

anaron

Metroid
Zelda
Mario
Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest
Chrono
Silent Hill
Baten Kaitos
Valkyrie Profile
Ys
Persona
Metal Gear
Halo
Xenosaga
Half Life
Diablo

ETA: Uncharted, Megaman, Kingdom Hearts, mother, Jet Set and Sonic, Ace Attorney

Ganondorfo

bernardobri said:
Metal Gear series. I mean, Harry Gregson-Williams, man. Seriously.

Also, any other series that features music by Mitsuda.

I didnt like the music of psp versions, they werent as amazing as metal gear solid 1-3, probably not done by harry gregson williams...

GhaleonQ

People
Are Making
Lists Without
Explanation
Which Is
Fine Because The
Topic Doesn't Have Much
Direction And
Everybody
Knows That Final
Fantasy Music Rocks
Also The Neverhood Series

Ganondorfo

Feel the Swift said:
Ganondorfo
(Today, 08:47 PM)

uh..

I love the music of zelda a link to the past, ocarina of time and majoras mask and links awakining. I didnt like the music of the other games...

Gravijah

Ganondorfo said:
I love the music of zelda a link to the past, ocarina of time and majoras mask and links awakining. I didnt like the music of the other games...

spirit tracks overworld theme dude

spirit tracks overworld theme

Ganondorfo

GhaleonQ said:
People
Are Making
Lists Without
Explanation
Which Is
Fine Because The
Topic Doesn't Have Much
Direction And
Everybody
Knows That Final
Fantasy Music Rocks

I mentionned final fantasy also on my list, but still I dont like music of final fantasy 12 (beside some tunes from the 100 tracks on the soundtrack). Hitoshi sakimoto doesnt make memorable music for the franchise as uematsu and hamauza. (his vagrant story and tactics work is outstanding though).

Seanspeed

Banned
Cant think of any series with an immaculate record, but Final Fantasy probably comes closest.

Haven't played XIII yet, though....

ronito

GhaleonQ said:
People
Are Making
Lists Without
Explanation
Which Is
Fine Because The
Topic Doesn't Have Much
Direction And
Everybody
Knows That Final
Fantasy Music Rocks
Man I've got this Soundtrack CE. It's awesome!

(also FF has been inconsistent since 7. 8 and 9 had great moments but lots of "blah". 10 had fewer great moments. 11....even less and so on and so on.)

Top Bottom