• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was a announcement of one game that actually made you happy to be alive?

Hypereides

Gold Member
To be alive? That's a bit extreme, mate.

I was glad when Yakuza 3 was announced since there was no guarantee the series would continue given it was quite niche back then.

Last edited:

artsi

New games just usually appear out of nowhere but remakes of my favourite games are something I've waited for a loooong time and then they finally realize at some point.

RE remakes (all of them)
FF7 remake

When FF8 and FF9 remakes are eventually announced I'll be as thrilled. Final Fantasy on PS1 was my holy trinity of video games.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Dis

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I honestly can't think of a game that would have that type of impact on me.

I'd fap myself red raw over something like a remake of the original Dawn of War, Dino Crisis remaster or a sequel to Kingdom Come, but they wouldn't make me happy to be alive. I don't need video games to do that.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
The MGSV trailer with Garbage helped me through a rough spot in life. That's kind of an announcement I guess.

Shame that finishing it fucken pissed me off though.

Way way WAY too many posters posting 'remake' as an answer.
Neogaf I am dissapoint.

Sequels are the real answer.

Pyschonauts 2 is the game.

Last time I was super hyped for a game and it’s trailer was the E3 reveal of DMC5. It was the return to the real series after the “meh” reboot, the music was awesome and helped give the trailer a bunch of energy, and the final product did indeed exceed my expectations.
NYQ8whp.gif

Last edited:

cireza

Shining Force III on Saturn.

iu

Discovered its existence in French game magazines, back then there weren't video announcements... I was so happy to see this game getting a new entry on Saturn. Managed to have my parents buy it to me day-one at full price, which was really rare back then. Loved every second of this game, and still play it regularly. What a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Pejo

iu

After the first one kinda unperformed at launch, despite it being one of my favorite games in YEARS, I never thought we'd see a sequel.

Then the incredible word of mouth and sales legs started giving me hope.

Then it was announced that it was officially being developed and I coudln't believe it.
Then I was worried that they'd try to make it some multiplayer GaaS shit, like the failed DDO.

Then we got a trailer and gameplay info and they dispelled all of my fears while keeping most of what I loved about the first game intact.

I haven't been so excited to play a game since... I dunno, it's been a while. I know the game is in good hands with Itsuno. He's one of the few visionary developers that are still in the game and haven't lost their touch.

Dr. Suchong

I would say Final Fantasy VII. When I saw one of the eariler trailers on a games magazine cd. Ofc there were screenshots before that.
And it was coming to us here in Europe! Final(ly). I was even more blown away by the game when I got to actually play it.
Good times.

Edit: This was the trailer.

Same here.
I saw this trailer on a video wall at Ects 97 in London when I was working with Gamestation.
There are no words to describe the profound effect FF7 had on me.
From trailer to release, to shaking my head in disbelief and awe at it's magnificence.
I genuinely was in a daze for several days after beginning my first playthrough.
I haven't played the remake, and have zero intention of doing so.
This was a moment in time for me that could never be replicated, and have no wish to sully those memories I hold dear.
Truly epic.
Oh, and the music from the trailer is Final encounter by Steve baker.
A genius pairing.

Reactions: Dis

MarkMe2525

I realize this does not fit the OP's criteria exactly, but these moments gave me a similiar feeling to what was described. Halo 2's bogus E3 live gameplay had me fucking pumped. May not resonate with many here, but back in 2004 I was really into Madden, and that fake reveal trailer, for Madden on the 360, had me memorized. Gears of War "Mad World" trailer was unbelievable. I think the most excited i have ever been for an announcement was Mass Effect. That reveal trailer was something else.

Mario 3, Sonic 2, Twisted Metal 2, and Dreamcast announcement are up there as well.

Topher

Gold Member
Insomniac making Spider-man. I had been wanting a kickass Spider-man games for years so when the announcement finally happened, I was thrilled.

Pelao

It hasn't happened.
Maybe the day they announce an Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere remake will be that day, but I don't know.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Just to name a few:

Final Fantasy XIV (launch version)
Gollum
RedFall
Crackdown 3
Forspoken

Once you’ve played any of these you’re thankful to have the life you live which didn’t subject yourself to years of making this garbage and being proud of it.

Edit:

Oh shoot an announcement? Man I won’t lie the FF14 announcement trailer had me over the moon as someone who had played ff11 for 7 years straight.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Not a game, a device: the PSVR
Never been so excited so much by a piece of hardware.
And once tried, It was like discovering videogames for the 1st time again like a excited child:
run robot GIF by PlayStationDE
friends robot GIF by PlayStationDE

I'm so glad SONY dared to do it.

But on the topic precisely, I would name RE7 VR, the announcement made me soooooo excited !
Cat Remember GIF
funny cat GIF

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
announcement? The Phantom Dust reboot. I teared up I'm not gonna lie. Today's Microsoft woulda launched the game. At least we got a remaster of the original.

NanaMiku

After the disaster of Assault Horizon and Infinity, I was sure we won't get a new Ace Combat. I was so surprised and happy when they announced Ace Combat 7

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I almost give up on ever seeing new entry to AC game, just like I give up on seeing another .hack game.....so this announcement made me sooooooo fucking happy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom