• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was a announcement of one game that actually made you happy to be alive?

wvnative

Video Games Smile GIF by Square Enix

- Zelda Twilight Princess
- Final Fantasy 4 (originally known as 2 in Canada back then)
- Final Fantasy 7 OG and Remake
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered
- Return to Monkey Island

BodhiHogie

Neo Member
Ico is in my top 5 of all time; SoTC was a beautiful game. So when The Last Guardian got a release date at E3 3015, it was my favorite surprise announcement. I had given up on the game coming out long before then.
TLG didn’t come close to matching those first to Ueda games for me, but I was glad that I got to play it because I had to know.

kyussman

I was very pleased Death Stranding 2 is a thing........especially as the first game was slammed by many who said Sony had wasted a lot of time and money on it.The fact we got another one was a huge fuck you to those people,lol.......I loved the first one and want to see more of the world Kojima has created.

StereoVsn

That magical Sony presentation in 2015 was amazing with Shenmue 3, FFVIIR, and Last Guardian. Especially the announcement of the first two was simply bonkers.

Shenmue of course dropped the ball hard, but FFVIIR was great despite some issues.

Another one was P5 OG announcement… followed by a long, long, long wait and ongoing trolling by Atlus.

And I'm glad that it makes you feel alive. My priorities are a bit different.
Who said videogames were my priorities!? Videogames with many other things is a passion of mine ! Hence why I created this thread and hence why I'm talking about videogames! Some like you got triggered for the " feel alive" , it's ok, it was a figgure of speech! You'll be fine! Haha

MiguelItUp

I get what you're saying OP. IMO, it's a more of a, "Man, I really enjoyed that, cool to be around (alive) to experience it."

Personally, I've said that to myself about MANY things over the decades, not just video games. It's just a way to appreciate the fact that you're still alive. The older you get, the more you experience, the more common I think it is to have such feelings. Especially about things you truly love or enjoy. Nothing wrong with appreciating that you're alive and healthy. Especially after experiencing something that affected you so much that you felt something.

Resident Evil 2 Remake
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption 2
Silent Hill 2 Remake (Announcement, hope the game is good, adored the original)
DOOM (2016)

I'm sure there may be a few more, but those are what quickly come to mind.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
When The Last of Us was nearing release, I was dying in the hospital from leukemia, and my prognosis was pretty bad. (Luckily I’m good now!) I had gotten to play a demo at E3 or PAX sometime prior and was blown away.

So in a very real way, I was trying to keep myself alive in order to play TLoU. Cool side note, the entire dev team and lead actors signed and sent an art book (and some other stuff) to me, along with a get-well note. It was super kind.

So, yeah, I’m glad I was alive to play through that game.

Last edited:
"Happy to be alive" would be hyperbolic but :

Them fucking shivers...

Shame then that the game turned out the way it did - and while I still hold Shenmue 1+2 dear to my heart, I still haven't bought nor played 3.

Edit : 8 years ago, how time flies by...

Last edited:
I hate to admit it's something from fucking EA, but EA Sports College Football. I absolutely love college football, and the cancellation of the NCAA Football series was heartbreaking for me. I'm absolutely expecting EA to let me down, but my bar is so fucking low for a college football game at this point that I will play the hell out of it anyway.

Minsc

Gold Member
Who said videogames were my priorities!? Videogames with many other things is a passion of mine ! Hence why I created this thread and hence why I'm talking about videogames! Some like you got triggered for the " feel alive" , it's ok, it was a figgure of speech! You'll be fine! Haha

I know, imagine all the people who are happy to be alive for following sports - like "their" (as if) team gets the world series or super bowl, and they are going all crazy celebrating etc. How is that ok, but that once or twice a lifetime announcement for some IP you'd never thought you'd ever see again returns?

I know, imagine all the people who are happy to be alive for following sports - like "their" (as if) team gets the world series or super bowl, and they are going all crazy celebrating etc. How is that ok, but that once or twice a lifetime announcement for some IP you'd never thought you'd ever see again returns?
Well said bud!

Top Bottom