• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the first Blu Ray movie you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Dynamite!!!!!!!!!!
black_dynamite.jpg

In case you have not seen this movie , this is especially hilarious on BR since it is made to look like a cheesy, low budget 70's movie. You can see the HD grain and dirt on the film.

LakeEarth

I honestly can't remember. I would've boughten it when I bought my PS3 around 2010.... I'll have to look through my collection when I get home.

I picked up The Life of Brian, and it was great. Lovely, sharp but grainy transfer and a cracking documentary.

Its the old movies that I love seeing. North by Northwest or The Searchers (despite funny colour palette) ..... Hhhnnnggggggg.

John Carpenter's The Fog and Escape from New York have disappointed me the most. Crappy transfers.

I got two movies when I got my PS3: The 5th Element and 300.

Both were bought with the thought in mind that I wanted something with high optic quality and being worth it :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
456_large.jpg

The early release one that got recalled and remastered too. I remember it looked bad, then looked it up and realized it was a terrible transfer. The new one is godly.

Cdammen

Enemy of the State (1998) and The Shining (1980). Got the at the same time in a buy 2 for 1 deal. I love them equally :)

TheMan

Don't have a bluray player. I won't be getting one until I buy a ps4 next year. In fact, I've never purchased a stand alone disc player of any sort before, opting instead to use my consoles.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Don't have a bluray player. I won't be getting one until I buy a ps4 next year. In fact, I've never purchased a stand alone disc player of any sort before, opting instead to use my consoles.

I'd love to know what prompted you to come into this thread if you've never purchased a blu ray movie.

Mine was Talladega Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom