• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the first game you bought for your Xbox 360 and/or your PS3?

eLGee

Topic says it all. I haven't gotten a PS3 yet, but when I do, my first game will probably be flOw. If I get an Xbox 360 it'll be Dead Rising.

MMaRsu

Banned
I got Fight Night Round 3, but the first game I'd buy if I bought a 360 right now would probably be....

Saints Row or Dead Rising :)

both are IMO damn fine games if you ask me :)

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Wife bought it without my knowledge with:

King Kong
PDZ
Kameo

Didn't care for any of them.

Got CoD3, and ended up a snore-fest. Been there, done that. Got PGR3. That was decent, but it didn't last.

The first game I bought and really liked was Condemned. That was what started my enjoyment with the 360.

If I could have done it all over, I would have gotten the system with Condemned. Condemned was no system seller though. GRAW or Oblivion were the ones that would have sold me.

bill0527

360 - Perfect Dark 0 - might as well have taken $50 and set it on f'n fire. I also got Kameo which was a very good game and still one of the best graphical showpieces on the 360 today.

PS3 - Resistance and God of War (never finished it back when I had a PS2 and sold my system and games to raise money for a PS3).

SleazyC

Genji 2 -- came in the bundle that I bought the PS3 in

I bought Resistance before I actually even had my PS3 in my hands.

Xbox 360 - Gears of War

360 - PGR and Dead Rising.

Hated Dead Rising. Pleasently surprised by PGR, seeing as it's a pack in.

Wii - Twilight Princess.

Obviously awesome.

eLGee said:
Topic says it all. I haven't gotten a PS3 yet, but when I do, my first game will probably be flOw. If I get an Xbox 360 it'll be Dead Rising.
360 - Perfect Dark Zero & Dead Or Alive 4 (preordered and paid in full)

USC-fan

Banned
PS3- R:FOM
xbox 360.... still haven't brought a game for it and i had it since Nov. Maybe will buy C&C 3 if it has a lot of replay value.

Xellos

360: Kameo (used; 2 days later, Oblivion was the first new game I bought)
PS3: Resistance
Wii: Zelda TP, ET, Monkey Ball, RS, RRR, TC:SO all purchased at launch

360 - Madden or RR6 (got them both a day or two before, can't remember which was first, I think Madden)
PS3 - Resistance/RR7 at the same time

Going beyond the thread title:

Atari - Pitfall, Pacman, and other collections
SNES - Super Mario World
Sega MD2 - Bare Knuckle, Rambo III and Tetris Bundle :)
PS2 - Twisted Metal III
Nintendo Game & Watch - Oil Panic
XBOX - SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom
PS3 - Resistance

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
360 -- rr6, cod2, pd0, pgr3 (had to buy 4 games to get one of the first shipment -- i only really wanted rr6 and one of the shooters)
ps3 -- rr7, resistance, genji 2 (unfortunately i don't have an excuse for buying genji 2)

Kamille

360- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, NFS: Most Wanted, DoA4, Tomb Raider: Legend
Wii- Zelda: Twilight Princess
PS3- most likely Final Fantasy XIII

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I bought RR6 before buying my 360... Well, on the way to go pick the 360 up. I needed that game in my life and wasn't the least bit disappointed.

Have yet to pick up a PS3. When I do VF5 will be that essential game.

Top Bottom