• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were some recent games that consumed your soul?

StereoVsn

Elden ring but it's been two years
Yeah, that was the last one which really gripped me for some reason. And I guess Cyberpunk after the patches.

Like I loved BG3 and some of the new Yakuza/Like a Dragon games (not Infinite Wealth), but they didn’t make me think about the game half the time I wasn’t playing.

Alright, In terms of games which absolutely took over my life here they are, from most recent first:
Starfield
Cyberpunk 2077
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1, and Kiwami 2

I have played a whole ton of games around those over the last year, but none have completely consumed my life and kept me thinking about them day and night.

Edit: these are the big ones over the last year, but if I go back 2-3 years then I would also add these ones:
Forza Horizon 5
Wasteland 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Outer Worlds
Assassins Creed Odyssey and Origins
The Witcher 3

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Pretty much any roguelite. Hades, Rogue Legacy 2, etc take your pick. The ones I mentioned have like over 60 post game difficulties.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Right now, these:

eLC77kF.png

Last edited:
So far this year:
Bramble, The forgotten City and Tyranny.
Playing SOMA now, and really enjoying that too.

But if i'd pick one of of these: The Forgotten World. Pretty unique game. Very cool.
I loved The Forgotten City. My daughter and I blew through all the endings one weekend during the holidays, and we had a great time. Probably my favorite indie this gen.

Audiophile

Gold Member
Haven't truly been consumed by a game since Death Stranding on PS4 Pro in 2019.

I sold my Pro not long after, picked up a PS5 in May '21, played some of the major titles, continued to chip away at MW 2019 and finally got round to Days Gone (patched). Then sold it last year in anticipation of a Pro this year. But I don't think I'll be picking one up til DS2 or GTAVI come out; both of which look likely to be the next game/s to really pull me in.

AndrewRyan

Starcraft 2 is by far my deepest rabbit hole. More recently is Returnal and Sekiro. Just started Armored Cord VI so there's recency bias but it's on track to make a serious dent, and on sale right now on steam and green man gaming!

Top Bottom