• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were your favorite toys as a kid?

nightfly

....Other than video games. Some of my favorite were the TMNT action figures, really awesome, even had a complete set of Bucky 'O Hare toys, loved that show. But one that especially comes to mind is Tomy 2-XL:

It was so much fun listening to fun stories and being able to choose what action you want to take.

Manus

S5TUbwz.jpg

Defintely Street Sharks. Still have all of mine too.

Dark Star

We were watching some old VHS family home videos the other day, and this is the exact one. It was remote control, moved fast, and R2D2 made all kinds of cool/iconic noises and sounds, the head swiveled and the light blinked and stuff. It was really neat. I wish I still had the original box... (circa 1997).

hqdefault.jpg

I was also really into Power Ranger action figures/bikes/vehicles. Jurassic Park/Dinosaurs. Guns, swords. Skateboards. And anything related to Spiderman or Batman as well.

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
Almost always a remote control car or slot car track. No specific one exactly but I was always most excited for those.

I had this one in my twenties and god damn I loved it.

Oh I also had one of these in the 70s and man had some good times..

Daisy Model Winchester 1894 BB gun

Ho57c4T.jpg

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
In no particular order or age:
  • Real Ghostbusters figures (I had them all including the firehouse)
  • Muscle Men
  • Original Star Wars figures/ships
  • He-man figures
  • TMNT figures
  • Generic plastic army men
  • Plastic swords
  • Rubberband guns
  • Super soakers
  • WWF figures
army men were the best

must've played with those for hours with my brother at my grandpa's farm

Army men with my buddies, we'd take them all over. We lived close together and they were everywhere in our street, neighbours yards, park etc.

Transformers with my brother.

Circuit set where you make your own logic gates and shit.

Made our own rubber band guns with my grandad who was a carpenter, gave them to friends so we could all play.

Water pistols and balloons, Aussie summer and that was our tools to annoy everyone in the neighbourhood to get chases with.

kunonabi

He-Man/She-Ra
M.A.S.K.
Real Ghostbusters
Dinosaur Riders
SilverHawks
Transformers
Jaycee and the Wheeled Warriors
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Power Rangers

There was this one toy line that consisted of military hardware like guns and radios that transformed into playsets with miniature soldiers that was super cool. I have no idea what it was called though and all my internet searching has been a bust.

Last edited:

Stouffers

Banned
He-Man/She-Ra
M.A.S.K.
Real Ghostbusters
Dinosaur Riders
SilverHawks
Transformers
Jaycee and the Wheeled Warriors
Power Rangers

There was this one toy line that consisted of military hardware like guns and radios that transformed into playsets with miniature soldiers that was super cool. I have no idea what it was called though and all my internet searching has been a bust.
I was too old for power rangers. I had Voltron though.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
S5TUbwz.jpg

Defintely Street Sharks. Still have all of mine too.

Same. Sharks were my favorite animal as a kid. TMNT was next and I think I had some DC/Marvel toys. I had a sweet Bishop toy that I really liked. Also, an Ultimate Warrior toy. Incredible Hulk was my favorite Marvel hero yet I think I only had one or two toys. Definitely had more Street Shark toys than any other. Also, had one or two Godzilla toys.

I was such a s huge Masters of the Universe fan as a kid.
I remember when I saw these in a local department store as a kid first time in 1983.

It was like "woah, what is this crazy freaking shit. I need that in my life".

lHcX4WN.jpg

I loved the first few waves of Masters toys, before it got all cheesy and pink when that lame tv show arrived and when it was still Conan the Barbarian with laser weapons.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sure until lap 1 and a half when your car ran up that ramp then hit the ceiling. Lol. But good call.

Lol, I honestly don't remember having that much fun using it because I was too young and the cars would fly off the track for me. But setting it up with my brother and Dad every once in a while was legendary. I could not believe in that loop or how the track would run up the wall.

Faenrir

Really digged small toy cars "majorette", M.A.S.K figures (i had the base, 2 trucks, the MC's car, etc.), MotU (he-man) figures (those were my brother's) aaaand...fake guns with firecrackers.

Oh and also Meccano, old metal construction kits from the 40s that my father had kept ^^
Hobby-Costruzioni-Meccano-Manual-04-1940.jpg

Sure until lap 1 and a half when your car ran up that ramp then hit the ceiling. Lol. But good call.
They went on fire sometimes too xD We had a few cars burn with my brothers haha.

Last edited:

C4lukin2

Banned
As a super young kid, it was Star Wars, Lincoln Logs, GI Joe, Lego and He-Man. A. Bit older I loved Muscle men and Micro Machines.

A bit older then that, TMNT became a huge thing, and I was done with toys. Was into video games at that point.

But I still really like Muscle Men, Lego, and Micro Machines. I still buy Lego. And would totally buy micro machines and Muscle Men.

Top Bottom