• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were your favorite toys as a kid?

silentz

Banned
Playmobil

s-l640.jpg

vZr7Zx9gKDMdok_RHlKOrhtet2MNsmSZK5vhHwJOyy0.jpg

TMNT pizza tank was best toy I ever owned. 180 swivel, button to launch pizzas (deadly fast I might add), can put any action figure in seat. Also made me hungry for pizza if played with it for too long.

Another toy I loved when I was 4-5 are GoBots, they were easier to put in my pocket and bring with me than transformers.

eH3XmSy.jpg
Wow the spread is beautifully laid out, and they all look elegantly designed (for children's toys). Never had these, but seeing this makes me wish I did.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
If it counts as a toy, then the N64. It created more good memories with family and all our friends over the years than I can probably recount

And here is one of the most fun toys I’ve ever played with in my life, and it’s only like $2

QycvMl8.png

Bought one at a local sports store one day because my friends and I were always playing outside in elementary school, middle school, usually basketball, hide-and-seek all over the neighborhoods, skating, handball, etc. It’s surprisingly fun despite just being a mere rubber ball. It’s not a handball, it has more weight to it, maybe like 3x as much weight if I had to estimate. But this thing was amazing. Used to bounce it outside with friends. Regular catch or we would play a variation of catch where we bounce it hard as fuck off the ground instead of standard throwing and that would make it more interesting. Baseball with this thing was pretty cool but risky as hell, only played that way rarely since this thing could destroy a fucking window or car with how it bounced off the bat. I remember one time we played catch with this thing in the pouring rain one day because it was that much fun. Had to chase it down like a madman when the rushing flood from the gutter swiftly took it away from us lol. Exceedingly fun little toy for a kid back in the day

MastAndo

Voltron action figure (diecast) - I think the one I had was a knockoff, but I remember even each individual lion being super heavy. They don't make them like they used to...
lZTEbOc.jpg

LJN WWF wrestling figures
cANkZiu.jpg

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestling Toys for me as well. I'm not even a fan of wrestling, but for some reason always liked playing with the toys. It is partly why I know of some wrestlers from the past.

20cent

Banned
I don't even remember the cartoon but I loved these COPS toys:
d51ad327fb9e059af1b2189730b85d19.jpg
hasbro-cops-n-crooks-buttons-mcboom-boom-vintage-action-figure-action-figure-hasbro-811431_1200x1200.jpg

And of course the original Saint Seiya figs:
figurine-chevalier-du-zodiaque-taureau-.jpg

Top Bottom