• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were your favorite toys as a kid?

This shit too.
90453c41805bdbc31c3af04361dbe147--catapult-crossbow.jpg

Ooh, Crossbows and Catapults!? Ha. I had that too. It was cool.

Alx

Lego. I could make any toy I wanted with them. I made my own Transformers that (sort of) transformed into airplanes, a Mask base, all kinds of guns, a submarine that wouldn't sink because it was made of hollow plastic, bumpy race tracks for marbles, ... (oh yeah I was into marbles too).

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
LEGOs, bikes, basketball, cap-guns, GI Joes (the small, cheap ones), and fireworks.

We weren't poor but let's just say I got toys at birthdays, Christmas, and everything else was bought with allowance and chore-money.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
My wife still has a bunch of Ninja Turtles stuff. For our first anniversary I bought her an April O'Neil because that was the only one she didn't have as a kid. She has the Pizza thrower, multiple versions of all four turtles, Shredder, Splinter, Casey Jones, and a few of the news crew friends from April O'Neil's station. She told me she didn't have any of the bad guys (except Shredder) because who wants the bad guys as a gift?

MetalAlien

Banned
I guess it depends on the time frame of childhood.

My first answer would be a baseball bat, ball and glove because that consumed me, but if we're just talking traditional toys you played with when you were really little, I'd say Adventure People:

b9ee8e22d48e7939316446476239fcc0.jpg
I have video of me getting that firetruck for Xmas. They weren't my favorite but I did enjoy them.

around the 2:50 mark....

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
When I saw this thread I was going to come in here and talk about my robot 2XL but then I see that the OP has that covered :)

thequestion

Top 5 toy lines that got the most play when I was a kid:
1. GI Joe (this toy line got way more playtime then the others. From the scale to the articulation to the vehicle designs - everything was brilliant and perfect for my young creative mind)
2. MASK
3. Starcom
4. Superhero toys (Kenner DC Superpowers)
5. Lego (pirate, castle, space) the space sets that had the figures with black suits and solid black visors we’re my favourite.

Honourable mention would go to transformers, but I enjoyed transforming them more than actually playing out adventures with them, so they got significantly less play - time overall.

Karmic Raze

All of my Power Rangers toys were my favorites. I also loved any Spider-Man and Batman figures I could get my hands on. Later on I also took an interest in wrestling figures too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tesseract

Banned
Am I a bad person for looking down my nose at you plebs who played with "action figures". I'm not joking. At no time in my life did they ever appeal to me.

Instead, I played with the far superior...

lgam%2B1.jpg

Setting up different ambushes around furniture and blankets was the best.
the best, endless hours with these things

we hunted grasshoppers outside with darts, these were our front line soldiers

it was starship troopers for kids

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Loved TMNT as a kid, like a lot of others in this thread. My favorite was the Movie Stars line. They had a more rubbery texture and better articulation.

81a90ddd15155b066dff309d06c8acb6.jpg

On another note, 90s Legos were the fucking shit.

020070afca090c307f9047100bfd5500.jpg

ee6dd42ac8d4e5cd23fa79d4b4642042.jpg

001.jpg

Dural

My favorite toys were OG Star Wars, He-Man, MASK and GI Joe.
The Warthog was so amazing....

It had lots of great detail, came with that cool Sgt Slaughter figure, could seat a bunch of extra Joes in the back and it FLOATED! I spent hours playing with this thing in my backyard pool.

This was me, MASK being my favorite of the bunch. Still have several MASK toys though my nephew and my kids have lost a bunch of the pieces.

I had so much toys, I don't even know where to begin. I had stuff from Playmobil, Fisher-Price (including Construx later), multiple M.A.S.K. sets, He-Man, GI Joe figures, Matchbox cars, Hotwheels, Micro Machines, Battle Beasts, lots of LEGO (including Technic later), a figurine from the animated series BraveStarr, the Marshmallow Man from the Ghostbusters film... I probably missed a lot, but that's what is on top of my head.

Last edited:
Top Bottom