• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would be the best thing for Respawn to do with Titanfall 2 right now?

Spruchy

They are not going to listen to any of this, release the game as it is, and act all sad when it doesn't score/sell well.

Revas

My opinion: Ignore the internet, and do what they think's right.

Sorry, but internet talk is cheap and has a wildly inflated sense of its own self-worth. People with the biggest axes to grind shout the loudest, but ultimately are no more important than any other customer.

Most importantly, change shouldn't be feared. Better to try something different and fail than be strapped into a creative strait-jacket by overly-reactionary fans.

There's a bigger potential audience at stake here than those that played the first iteration; if they can't switch stuff up now, they never will be able to.

Well, you're not entirely wrong until you consider the context of the changes that they made and the timeframe the game is shipping. Change can be good or bad, if the game releases in a state similar to that of the tech test it will review and sell poorly. Period.

Kill3r7

Keep supporting it post launch and adjust based on the communities needs. IMO, there is no way the game gets delayed at this point. They are better off focusing on patching it post launch and getting it to a place where everyone is happy. Titan timer and burn cards should come back. As well as adjusting the maps to provide greater mobility/parkour. The game is fun, it just happens to be different than R1 which is disappointing for many of us R1 fans. That said, they should make the game they want to make, not what the community wants.

Release the game. Stop trying to please the people whining.

No offence, but one thing that's really annoyed me in this thread is people brushing off any legitimate criticisms of this as whining or flat out hyperbole. Are we not allowed to critique beloved games anymore otherwise they're reduced and shrugged off as babyish whining or something? I mean come on dude.

Duxxy3

Delay it out of that release window hell that EA is putting it in. An FPS game being released in between Battlefield and Call of Duty? What moron thought that was a good idea.

Top Bottom