• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would the perfect gaming site be like?

BMAN

I know NeoGAF is the perfect gaming forum but I was wondering what would be needed to creat a great gaming site?

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
It would be like The Economist except for games.

EDIT: And GAF isn't the perfect gaming forum--I think you mean the Something Awful games forum instead.

snaildog

Reviews that don't have an exponential scale (5 should be an average game), and explain the game rather than wank on about how much you like certain features.

A site comprised entirely of inane lists and editorial rants with extraordinary bias. I've already got NeoGAF so a site to stoke the silliness would be perfect.

BMAN

Chairman Yang said:

EDIT: And GAF isn't the perfect gaming forum--I think you mean the Something Awful games forum instead.

How dare you, GAF is the best.

Wunderchu

IMO, the perfect gaming site would have:

- unbiased reviews
- HD videos of games that are available without paid subscription
- less screenshots, more videos
- nice balance of content covering all platforms (and even a bit of coverage of retro. platforms/retro. games)
- special coverage of indy. developed games
- news updates that are roughly equivalent to NeoGAF (equivalent enough that some people consider going to that website instead of going to NeoGAF, for the most up-to-date gaming news)
- no overhyping/underhyping of news (very hard, I know, .. but, this is what I think of the 'perfect' gaming site, right :D )

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Burnst said:
It would need sparks and discussions about accuracy of numbers..
sparks.jpg

agreed. I drank 4 of these one night and I think I cured AIDS, but then I sobered up and forgot.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
STOP. HE IS GOING TO STEAL YOUR IDEAS AND SELL THEM FOR CASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!

Tiktaalik

Pretty much 1up.com but with an 800x600 layout that is extremely minimalistic with no flash ads.

- more retro content a la digitpress.com
- a forum like neogaf, but with more variety in smilies (I can only be happy, really happy or happy laughing???? Yes... that is the complete array of my emotions).
- videos distributed like gamevideos, but with the complete look of youtube. That is, a bar that tells you how much of the video has download.

It'd be like NeoGAF. Really, I don't need a fancy layout taking up 2/3s of the screen. If I want to know what the latest news is, I look at which threads are top here. No website is ever going to have news posted as quickly as a forum, and certainly not without having to suck the dicks of publishers.

M3wThr33

Banned
Chairman Yang said:

Let's talk about Fallout! AGAIN! - 1245015 Posts
Let's talk about Pokemon! AGAIN! - 2398513512 Posts
The only PS3 thread allowed. All PS3 news here - 99999999999999999999999 Posts

Also the perfect game site would have no video or audio podcasts. Get over it, they're terrible.

Also, lap dances will be only $10 at the perfect game site (but would be worth $50.)

Reikon

SaggyMonkey said:
Also the perfect game site would have no video or audio podcasts. Get over it, they're terrible.

And if they did, they wouldn't call them a podcast. It is neither exclusive to iPods or is broadcasted.

How about a FWFR for games?

Seriously... hell of a lot better than those ass reviews I read off most sites. And if I don't agree with it... it was only four words. *nods* Not like my day was wasted on a five page essay.

If you don't know what I am talking about, go here: FWFR

firex

A site that does nothing but search for news, interview different people in the gaming world, and has no reviews. Previews are one thing, those I'm actually ok with. They're like 90% hype, but still, they're not as bad as the actual reviews given to games.

So basically, a media/news site with none of the stupid reviews that ruin most gaming sites.

radjago

The perfect game site would be terribly biased against all systems, developers, and publishers. The only way to improve the coverage on the industry is to circumvent it and look at it with a fresh skeptical set of eyes. The writers would all be real journalists and not video game enthusiasts. Maybe even add a lawyer, an economist, and a hardware/software engineer to cover those angles.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Wunderchu said:
IMO, the perfect gaming site would have:

- unbiased reviews
- HD videos of games that are available without paid subscription
- less screenshots, more videos
- nice balance of content covering all platforms (and even a bit of coverage of retro. platforms/retro. games)
- special coverage of indy. developed games
- news updates that are roughly equivalent to NeoGAF (equivalent enough that some people consider going to that website instead of going to NeoGAF, for the most up-to-date gaming news)
- no overhyping/underhyping of news (very hard, I know, .. but, this is what I think of the 'perfect' gaming site, right :D )
You might get something a lot like that not too far in the future :)

Agent Ghost

aka MAJIKdR46oN
Blimblim said:
You might get something a lot like that not too far in the future :)

Why, are Kikizo hiring a proper news team soon Blim?! :D

But seriously, the best sites for HD video footage are Xboxyde/Playsyde (why no Wiisyde Blim?!) and Kikizo.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, I ****ing miss Dailyradar. That shit was awesome.

I also miss PC Accelerator.

gamesites suck. I dont care how 'good' they are. If i cant add my own opinion about something, but simply have to read other people's, without commenting on them, i dont like it. Thats why I like forums so much.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
News that f*ckin' matters - I don't care about some twat trying to get a game banned, I want screenies, tid-bits and a petting zoo.

Top Bottom