• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in a Persona 5: Crimson? aka Persona 5: Golden

In order of what I want the most.
1. Kawakami as a Phantom Thieve:
tumblr_opjcpc868f1wo8ic2o1_1280.jpg

2. More date scenes, especially for the characters that get less than the main girls.
3. A way to disable the social rank screen when you already have the stat full.
4. Better textures since there are some that look like a PS1 game.
5. Portable version, be it Vita or Switch.
6. The persona "use skill" screen to be bigger to show all 8 skills instead of having 6 and having to scroll to see the last 2.

nickgia

Someone said it already, but make Lala-chan a confidant. She was way more interesting than the reporter.

And put it on Switch.

HeeHo

I actually don't want a Golden version of any of these games. I really enjoy them the first time through but there is no way you could get me to play such a story-heavy and text-heavy game like this more than once. Unless I'm skipping almost everything, and then at that point, I'd probably be skipping over the new stuff.

I gotta say, I'm having a great time with P5 but it's almost obnoxious how much story and dialogue there is sometimes. It seems worse than in the other games too, especially after you finish a palace. But maybe I just don't remember the other games too well.

I'd rather get an optional post-game super dungeon (not like P3: The Answer though, I hated that) with exclusive personas and maybe some social links tied to that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I finished the game a short while ago and I loved it enough to make me go back to P4G so I'm getting a good comparison.

A certain party member NEEDS to be introduced earliera and the confidant requirement needs adjustment for that too.

The last two dungeons are absolute trash compared to they rest of the game. Absolute. Trash.

There needs to be more group events. There are a surprisingly decent number in P4G. And they also just have more party members around too.

More variety of the good music.

I don't know why some of you think Hifumi should be a party member to be honest...we already have what we need though I'd prefer if
the traitor could be saved somehow

Ohya needs to be launched into the sun or her benefits and story need to be better.

Nights need to be a lot less restrictive. OMG I wanted to tell that cat to shut the fuck up and let me go out.

DR2K

Banned
More platforms so it can be more successful. PC and Switch.

I don't think I'll ever play this juggernaut of a game again, but the ride was fun.

Edit: already posted

Female protagonist would be fun for new playthroughs. and I gotta see how Ryuji's romance route would go down lol

An extra dungeon would be nice. Feels like a bonus section around the final section would fit well. I liked the extra dungeon in golden.

Also, fleshing out the time you're in
juvie
would be interesting.

271dcc4bb476b6003ffdb99a7f420637.jpg

Female protagonist would be fun for new playthroughs. and I gotta see how Ryuji's romance route would go down lol

An extra dungeon would be nice. Feels like a bonus section around the final section would fit well. I liked the extra dungeon in golden.

Also, fleshing out the time you're in
juvie
would be interesting.

They'll have to alter the story if this happens. I don't think we'll ever get a Female main character for Persona 5. It worked for Persona 3 because before they decided to make the MC a dude they considered the option to choose your gender.

They'll have to alter the story if this happens. I don't think we'll ever get a Female main character for Persona 5. It worked for Persona 3 because before they decided to make the MC a dude they considered the option to choose your gender.

I mean, we are aware the female P3 protaganist was added in a portable remake right? Original P3 was just a male protaganist. So they've done it before.

I'd agree itd probably be a lot of trouble. Anime cutscenes needing to be redone or dropped seems like the biggest barrier. P3P didn't have the anime cutscenes anyways, so it was easier to do.

I just don't agree it'd be too hard to write around. On the contrary it seems easy, outside of rewriting romantic social links, the story would remain largely the same. It doesn't seem impossible.

I mean, we are aware the female P3 protaganist was added in a portable remake right? Original P3 was just a male protaganist. So they've done it before.

I'd agree itd probably be a lot of trouble. Anime cutscenes needing to be redone or dropped seems like the biggest barrier. P3P didn't have the anime cutscenes anyways, so it was easier to do.

I just don't agree it'd be too hard to write around. On the contrary it seems easy, outside of rewriting romantic social links, the story would remain largely the same. It doesn't seem impossible.

Yes, but during the planning phase they considered a female MC, it's mentioned in the official artworks. When they added the option in P3P they got rid of the anime cutscenes and replace them with static pictures and Visual Novel-like descriptions and the game suffered a little bit for it. Still, as I said before, the story for the MC was not affected for the player's options (if you want the MC being male or female). But the background story of the P5 protagonist would have to change radically for a female MC to work. I just don't think it'll happen.

Yes, but during the planning phase they considered a female MC, it's mentioned in the official artworks. When they added the option in P3P they got rid of the anime cutscenes and replace them with static pictures and Visual Novel-like descriptions and the game suffered a little bit for it. Still, as I said before, the story for the MC was not affected for the player's options (if you want the MC being male or female). But the background story of the P5 protagonist would have to change radically for a female MC to work. I just don't think it'll happen.

This is the main point I don't get. I see no reason a female character couldn't do all the things that the P5 protaganist does, outside of obvious romance differences.

I can't think of major story beats that are dependent on the character being male.

KTallguy

Banned
I wrote a bunch of spoilery thoughts in the SPOILER thread here, but a female protagonist would be AMAZING. Not gonna happen without some crazy rewriting though.

I'd kill for a portable version.

Let us change the mementos music to ANYTHING ELSE.

More fun bosses and more dungeons.

ianpm31

Update momentos to have more variety/deeper levels

Side dungeons/palaces

More freedom at day/night

More minigames

Side note: Wish P5 played a bigger role in school like P4. It was cool to choose to play on the volleyball or basketball team etc.

As someone mentioned above......Kawakami should be a phantom theif!!!

Looking at the request list, y'all are ridiculous! FES and Golden didn't even do a quarter of what your guys/gals are asking for!

We'll be lucky to get a new social link and an added month.

antibolo

Banned
I don't need any new features, just a straight port (to Switch or whatever) would be fine for me.

I couldn't get into P5 at all because it's not portable. I don't have 100 hours to waste in front of my TV.

(and no, Remote Play is not portable enough)

ckohler

"Ooo! Lookin' cool Joker!"

More variety in combat dialog. Also, make it so the protag reminds himself to sleep rather than Morgana doing it since him doing it gets under people's skin.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Mishima out and better writing overall.

Mishima ends up being a pretty good confidant and I think its important that
he is able to change his heart himself, no help from the phantom thieves
Given his backstory, its understandable why he is the way he is, which makes the payoff at the end much better.

I also wished they changed Makoto Queen's suit. I think its bland and bad. Compared to the striking design of everyone else, its pretty jarring.

Given his backstory, its understandable why he is the way he is, which makes the payoff at the end much better.

I did like him eventually but I think he could be way more interesting given his role.

Sandfox

-Another character
-
Akechi lives and joins party with a different confidant story for the later ones
-Add to Haru's character, because as it is now she feels tacked on.
-female option
-Futaba version of the AOA victory animation
-Another month with added content similar to Golden

Hubb

-
Akechi lives and joins party with a different confidant story for the later ones

Please no.
Can't stand Akechi
If they are going to add new things and not do just a straight port I'd rather they spend the time/money on something else.

Dice//

Banned

This game is weirdly mean to Mishima.... like you don't actually want to be friends with this awkward kid.

"Is this guy your friend?"

> More or Less
> ...

The hell kind of options are that??

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and Marie is proof that extra content isn't, er, always successful, but if I had to pick some things for a remake:

- Updated textures. It's a great looking game, but there are parts where you can clearly tell that it's a PS3 game, such as blurry signs etc. Polish it up and it'll look amazing.
- 4K support. I don't own a 4K TV, but it seems like a natural progression from the above, plus a good selling point.
- A toggle for Ryuji's instant kill, or at least give me some money and experience for the game arbitrarily skipping fights for me.
- More Haru. Not in a fan service way, but we just don't get much of her. She shows up once during the fireworks festival, then not again until we meet her, then her dungeon, then she's just another party member. It's like what happened with Naoto, only at least Naoto got constant exposure to make up for how late she joined the party.

Looking at the request list, y'all are ridiculous! FES and Golden didn't even do a quarter of what your guys/gals are asking for!

We'll be lucky to get a new social link and an added month.

Yeah a lot of people are going to end up disappointed. They pushed Marie like no one's fucking business, and even she didn't end up being a playable character, even though that's what the plan originally was.

The only thing I would want is maybe more events with the whole team. It was kind of lacking in that area, but then again when I went through the Giant Bomb's Endurance Run of four, I was surprised how much stuff was exclusive to Golden.

Dice//

Banned
Fix the school trip.
It's quite frankly kinda useless.

How they managed to WASTE Hawaii (Hawaii!!!) is... baffling.
I thought Yusuke dropping in was hysterical though)

If there was any evidence of a "persona crimson" I'd actually say it's with how crap that trip was... that's pure and free space for improvement.

Top Bottom