• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in a Persona 5: Crimson? aka Persona 5: Golden

Weebos

Banned
As you said, it's a spin off, there are Persona spinoffs on Xbox, anybody think Persona 5 Crimson is coming to Xbox One?

Atlus actually releases software on Nintendo systems though. Entire series like Etrian Odyssey and the most recent SMT games have all been Nintendo exclusives.

I don't think it is a huge stretch to imagine that Persona 5 could be on the Switch, especially if Sony isn't making a Vita successor.

As much as I think they should add same sex romance options for a remake of this or P6, and as much as I love Yusuke, dude totally seems like someone whose only love is his work tho. In fact, if we do get a FeMC, I think Yusuke should remain undatable hah.

Qurupeke

They seem like an important reason why we're not seeing a FeMC. They'd have to rework them, as Joker is basically on all of them, unless they decide to have two versions for each cutscene, which I really doubt. In any case, they're kind of cheap looking and rarely add anything of substance to the game. The in game cutscenes are most of the time sufficient, and they look good.

MoonFrog

Went through all replies so far and created a list of what's been requested and how many times it's been mentioned/agreed with. Things like "I just want it to be portable" resulted in +1 for both Switch and Vita.

You can view the sheet here.

Oh add a vote for improve endgame pacing.
The story after the twist is almost entirely told through info dumps, including Akechi's motives and actions and Shido's motives and actions. There is never anything more to Sojiro/Shido. Or Futaba's mom. I get why it went to the public heart next but that was a very sudden "SMT time!"
. That and complete loss of control during dungeon setup sequences without even a narrative excuse for lost nights are what annoyed me most.

Thinking P6...I want stronger group dynamics and stronger relationships between your party members. P5 was a step backwards from P4 in this regard. I had a better time dating in P5. Morgana is much better than Teddy. There are some standout characters, imo. But...the group dynamic is pretty weak. They could've done Anne/Ryuji stronger? Idk. Makoto and Futaba had Sae/Sojiro at least and Futaba got all that group time (as a Nanako couterpart...), but I wish the beginning group had gelled stronger.

Also wish Haru had existed outside of social linking. She was mostly absent outside that and her initial setup, which was also weak. They also did Mitsuru and her dad much better than the story here.

You mean Foreign Barker? He's easily the nicest character in the entire game.
He totally should've appeared in the cheering scene with Yaldy and in the epilogue Shibuya instead of being forgotten.

That the black dude? He's my favorite minor npc. I wish he had a social link, I love him he's trying so hard

It's not just for this game, the site is still in Switch fever.. Hopefully it will die down as more games start coming out on it

I wouldn't call asking for a theoretical game to be on Switch port begging. Think about how many people played Persona 3 and 4 on handhelds, I'm sure they would like a handheld 5 as well.

MoonFrog

They seem like an important reason why we're not seeing a FeMC. They'd have to rework them, as Joker is basically on all of them, unless they decide to have two versions for each cutscene, which I really doubt. In any case, they're kind of cheap looking and rarely add anything of substance to the game. The in game cutscenes are most of the time sufficient, and they look good.

Yeah. I wish the anime cut-scenes looked good, but they really don't most of the time.

I'm actually not interested in a FemC scenario for a potential P5 Crimson, as P3P's FemC is non-canon, and I'm not especially interested in non-canon stories.

If/When Persona actually does add a female character option, I'd like for it to actually be a possible canon scenario.

That said, I'd like to see Hifumi playable, an additional playable scenario like Golden, and playable time after
December.
Datable Yusuke would be fun too. That ship is growing on me from the fanart I've seen on Twitter recently. Oh, fleshing out Akechi's confidant link would be really neat too, where you actually get to know him rather than him conveniently appearing and ranking up.

Really, I just want a P3 FES/P4 Golden situation in P5 Crimson.

Yeah. I wish the anime cut-scenes looked good, but they really don't most of the time.

I'm a bit confused here. I have a problem with how Morgana's metaverse form looks in those, escpecially in the last few but other than I don't know what people want from those? I mean I didn't notice any "hilarious" moments like with Pain in Naruto.

Do they look bad to people or are there too many / few of them or what? Am I the mad one then?

More cat puns! There were only like 3 total! I was expecting hundreds, a la Teddy! Maybe swap Haru with Shogi Girl, and it would need a strong male confidant.
Voice all the social link levels and let me do it with Sae.
As hilarious as this is, considering you can hook up with literally every other female associate regardless of how freaking preposterous the relationship is, meh, why not?
FemMC and allow homosexual relationships

Thud

I'm a bit confused here. I have a problem with how Morgana's metaverse form looks in those, escpecially in the last few but other than I don't know what people want from those? I mean I didn't notice any "hilarious" moments like with Pain in Naruto.

Do they look bad to people or are there too many / few of them or what? Am I the mad one then?

Too many and on par with the average TV animation, which is not a compliment.

Also, while I do want them to add an extra palace for Hifumi, who was planned to be a playable character, and maybe an extra one that isnt tied to any of the playable characters, I think the "ultra dungeon" of this game should not be in the actual main campaign. Two games that came out around the same time, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, both have an unlockable super dungeon mode that is its own mode entirely. In those two, it was called Extra Dungeon mode or Extra Game mode.
ZtFHCrk.png

It was a mode that you unlocked after beating the game twice for both routes on Persona 2, and simply after finishing once and doing some bonus stuff in the post game in Soul Hackers. You picked which save file to pull in, letting you pull in a save file where you had all the stuff you had in the main game. It was where the most challenging stuff in the game was found in both games, and at the end you fought super bosses that tested your abilities. This works better than super dungeons like P3's Monad, because you can get the hardest challenge, but the final boss doesn't become super trivial because you are overlevled by the time you make it there, since Extra mode is outside of the bounds of the main game.

In Persona 2, you fought the master of the Velvet Room and Igor's boss, Philemon. For Soul Hackers, since it is Devil Summoner 2, the bosses you fought were the other protagonists. Originally it was just Kyoji Kuzunoha, the protagonist of Devil Summoner 1, but the 3ds version of Soul Hackers added in Raidou Kuzunoha, the protagonist of Devil Summoner 3 and 4, as a new ultimate boss after the protagonist of 1. Persona 5 needs a similarly big ultra boss like that, and what better man than the nose that we know so well?

NO. Not you.

tumblr_inline_njgro9pdVN1t2gnmj.png

That's better phew.

MoonFrog

Well, I actually like some of them, but mostly it looks like dumbed down Soejima art to me and passable, when the game actually has a pretty strong style to it and I actually like the drawings a lot. I get it is easier to draw the stills well and it is a different artist...but the disparity is pretty great for me.

Idk. There are, again, some I liked more than others.

I do wish there were more and better, but I was responding to a post about how that probably gets in the way of FeMC, which I get and I get why people would want Persona to be more girl-insert friendly.

Also, while I do want them to add an extra palace for Hifumi, who was planned to be a playable character, and maybe an extra one that isnt tied to any of the playable characters, I think the "ultra dungeon" of this game should not be in the actual main campaign. Two games that came out around the same time, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, both have an unlockable super dungeon mode that is its own mode entirely. In those two, it was called Extra Dungeon mode or Extra Game mode.

It was a mode that you unlocked after beating the game twice for both routes on Persona 2, and simply after finishing once and doing some bonus stuff in the post game in Soul Hackers. You picked which save file to pull in, letting you pull in a save file where you had all the stuff you had in the main game. It was where the most challenging stuff in the game was found in both games, and at the end you fought super bosses that tested your abilities. This works better than super dungeons like P3's Monad, because you can get the hardest challenge, but the final boss doesn't become super trivial because you are overlevled by the time you make it there, since Extra mode is outside of the bounds of the main game.

In Persona 2, you fought the master of the Velvet Room and Igor's boss, Philemon. For Soul Hackers, since it is Devil Summoner 2, the bosses you fought were the other protagonists. Originally it was just Kyoji Kuzunoha, the protagonist of Devil Summoner 1, but the 3ds version of Soul Hackers added in Raidou Kuzunoha, the protagonist of Devil Summoner 3 and 4, as a new ultimate boss after the protagonist of 1. Persona 5 needs a similarly big ultra boss like that, and what better man than the nose that we know so well?

NO. Not you.

tumblr_inline_njgro9pdVN1t2gnmj.png

That's better phew.
I would love an extra dungeon. Never get to use high level personas in a satisfying way the way the games are built, imo.

Well, I actually like some of them, but mostly it looks like dumbed down Soejima art to me and passable, when the game actually has a pretty strong style to it and I actually like the drawings a lot. I get it is easier to draw the stills well and it is a different artist...but the disparity is pretty great for me.

Idk. There are, again, some I liked more than others.

I do wish there were more and better, but I was responding to a post about how that probably gets in the way of FeMC, which I get and I get why people would want Persona to be more girl-insert friendly.

I would love an extra dungeon. Never get to use high level personas in a satisfying way the way the games are built, imo.

Yes, that was the case for the original Soul Hackers releases too. The original super boss of the old versions was easy enough to take out with some strong demons, but the new ones added to 3ds almost require you to get the strongest demons you can and get to a very high level to win.

OP asks for what you'd want in an updated rerelease and instead a bunch of dumbass portbeggers clog the thread with their bullshit :/

Anyway, I would like them to maybe ease up on some of the social stat checks for Confidants. Needing max or more in the middle of one of them just to continue it sucks. Especially when it's max of a stay that the confidant gives you anyway when you hang out with them.

Obviously I would want an Aeon confidant like Aigis and Marie but I'm not sure what they could do to elaborate on the story since everything feels pretty tied up.

They need to add a way to get SP in dungeons. Grinding weeks worth SP recovery items off vending machines sucks. Yes I realise Atlus wants you to spend more than one day exploring a Palace but seriously though. Where my Fox at? Or at least give the Navigator a new skill to recover party SP that isn't just backup members

Obviously, include all of the costume DLC. That should be a given. Maybe also give a new battle theme like Persona 4 Golden did and make Last Surprise the Ambush theme.

Speaking of music, maybe some more variation in area and seasons? Persona 4 and 3 were good about this, not sure what happened here

Scavenger

The difficulty levels need to be rebalanced. As it is now, vanilla P5 normal mode is ridiculously easy.

Would also like to see more complex demon negotiation mechanics.

OP asks for what you'd want in an updated rerelease and instead a bunch of dumbass portbeggers clog the thread with their bullshit :/

Anyway, I would like them to maybe ease up on some of the social stat checks for Confidants. Needing max or more in the middle of one of them just to continue it sucks. Especially when it's max of a stay that the confidant gives you anyway when you hang out with them.

Obviously I would want an Aeon confidant like Aigis and Marie but I'm not sure what they could do to elaborate on the story since everything feels pretty tied up.

They need to add a way to get SP in dungeons. Grinding weeks worth SP recovery items off vending machines sucks. Yes I realise Atlus wants you to spend more than one day exploring a Palace but seriously though. Where my Fox at? Or at least give the Navigator a new skill to recover party SP that isn't just backup members

Obviously, include all of the costume DLC. That should be a given. Maybe also give a new battle theme like Persona 4 Golden did and make Last Surprise the Ambush theme.

Speaking of music, maybe some more variation in area and seasons? Persona 4 and 3 were good about this, not sure what happened here
Just curious, but did you not purchase the SP Adhesive 3 accessory from the doctor (confidant rank 5 unlock) which recovers 7 SP per turn?

The difficulty levels need to be rebalanced. As it is now, vanilla P5 normal mode is ridiculously easy.

Play on hard or merciless then? Sorry for the "asshole" answer but if there are harder options, asking for rebalance is a bit weird isn't it? Unless you mean rebalancing the encounters, ai and such stuff? Specifics.

The backup recovery is clearly meant to try to "force" you to use all characters instead of your favourite 3. Didn't work for me, Invigorate 3 items being one reason. But I think the current system of trying to encourage you to do the main dungeons in multiple parts, unless you do the "grind" and get every little bit of SP recovery drinks weeks in advance, is fine. Being forced to enter the dungeon just to be thrown out right away isn't fine *cough*
7th palace
*cough*

Would also like to see more complex demon negotiation mechanics.

The hyperbole worries me and I hope there wouldn't be over-correction by ATLUS. I'm an experienced RPG player and I thought Normal was a *smidge* easy, but far from "ridiculously" so. Indeed, I love that if kill everything I come across, never skipping a fight, I'll be right there in the mix--set up for success, but with boss fights that make me sweat a bit.

Dice//

Banned
Let's abandon the anime cutscenes and let me play as a female character. Also, Akechi romance.

I don't mind that mostly because the anime cutscenes weren't very good. The beach one was just awkward as hell.

*air boob squeeze*

*HAHAHAHA*

ME: ????? >:S

Voiced social links would be great. Hate that just the first and last got it; there's tons of VA and it's great and shoulda just gone for it.

Steel

Banned
Here's my guess for what Crimson content will be:

-New Character with a new dungeon/social link attached, when this will happen will be
when the team goes on a road trip at the end of the game
-New areas with new part time jobs.
-More detailed school trips and group outings.

What I hope for:
-FeMC(Unlikely considering they went HAM on the anime cut-scenes, but one can hope)
-Better boss music. Only river in the desert was great tier boss music in the game, everything else ranged from OK to boring.
-Catherine block pushing minigame in the arcade.

Scavenger

Play on hard or merciless then? Sorry for the "asshole" answer but if there are harder options, asking for rebalance is a bit weird isn't it? Unless you mean rebalancing the encounters, ai and such stuff? Specifics.
The P3/P4 normal mode, albeit flawed, felt more challenging than P5 normal mode while still being accessible at the same time, so I don't think it's really that weird to ask for a rebalance. I had considered changing the game to hard mode, but I wanted to finish the entire game in normal mode first to see if the game would get any harder, which wasn't the case IMO. After finishing the game I loaded a savegame at the start of 7th palace and set the game to hard. Played it up until the treasure route was secured. That bit I've played of Hard mode felt a lot more like P3/P4 normal mode, so I will definitely play hard or merciless in new game plus.

Besides buffing some of the bosses, Atlus should nerf the sneaking mechanic. As it is now, the player has the upper hand in 99% of the battles. Just sneak, press X, get insta ambush. It would be nice if enemies could anticipate and counter an ambush. More hostage situations, which were severely underutilized in the game, could perhaps also add a bit more tension to battles.

Dice//

Banned
I thought the game was pretty filled up. A post-game scenario would be cool (hopefully done better than FES).

batfax

There's a turtle in the school building.

I want to feed it and take care of it.

Endgame spoilers:
If they let Akechi survive, I don't want him anywhere near my party. He should just take the fall for you and let you have Jan and Feb outside confinement. Confess his crimes like a good little boy.

I also don't see Hifumi as a realistic party member without some rewrites. Basically the only people who are unofficial members of the team near the end are
Sae and Sojiro. It feels counter-intuitive to the game's theme to let them join though. I'd LOVE Sojiro to be in the party so I can straight up make a Lupin/Jigen/Goemon team though. Sae's way more realistic though, since she actually goes into the metaverse briefly.

edit after seeing the spreadsheet: FeMC would be welcome. It'd certainly give some extra purpose to replaying. Also wouldn't mind more cameos... I was honestly expecting some in the first place because "20th Anniversary" and all but basically only got some items and mentions on TV and they didn't even put the individual character outfits in the P1 and P2 DLC. Also, whoever said simplified dungeons is terrible. They're barely complicated as-is.

MoonFrog

There's a turtle in the school building.

I want to feed it and take care of it.

Endgame spoilers:
If they let Akechi survive, I don't want him anywhere near my party. He should just take the fall for you and let you have Jan and Feb outside confinement. Confess his crimes like a good little boy.

I also don't see Hifumi as a realistic party member without some rewrites. Basically the only people who are unofficial members of the team near the end are
Sae and Sojiro. It feels counter-intuitive to the game's theme to let them join though. I'd LOVE Sojiro to be in the party so I can straight up make a Lupin/Jigen/Goemon team though. Sae's way more realistic though, since she actually goes into the metaverse briefly.

edit: FeMC would be welcome. It'd certainly give some extra purpose to replaying.

Tbh I half thought Sae was going to replace Akechi as the light/dark team member. Also, as I said above, whole-heartedly agree on the Akechi thing. Guy murders Haru's dad, is somehow involved in the death of Futaba's mom, and is your would be murderer. Guy has no place on the team. It would be a shitty "anime" "rivals are so cool" ploy to have him join.

Combat and scout system from IV:A.
More demons, P5 barely has 210.
Some sense of challenge. Difficulty is a joke even playing on hard.

Plot is beyond repair. Akechi was a mistake

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Realistically (at least somewhat):
- Better/more spaced out S. link with Akechi
- Less time locked off at night, or when 'exploring' a new palace candidate
- Better pacing with regards to the back half of the game, including but not limited to showing off Haru more beforehand, better stretching out Ryuji vs Morgana, etc...as well as the more general narrative 'rush' right at the end.
- Getting rid of Level 5 stat checks for something like rank 5 of Makoto's S. link (Haru's makes a little more sense, given that it's the end of the game, but Rank 5 for level 2 is still pretty bad), or Sojiro requiring max kindness, then still giving you more kindness.

What I'd like to see (but probably won't happen for technical/time vs investment limitations)
- Sae S.link done in game (and dateable)
- FemC
- More baseline Personas
- Playable Hifumi
- Another localization pass

Let me play match maker with my party members. I can be a sleaze bag and date all the girls myself but I can't help hook Mishima up with Futaba? Or Ann and Ryuji? That's some bullshit!

batfax

Tbh I half thought Sae was going to replace Akechi as the light/dark team member. Also, as I said above, whole-heartedly agree on the Akechi thing. Guy murders Haru's dad, is somehow involved in the death of Futaba's mom, and is your would be murderer. Guy has no place on the team. It would be a shitty "anime" "rivals are so cool" ploy to have him join.

Yeah, Sae easily makes the most sense. Either way, I just hate that a Persona as awesome as Robin Hood went to waste on someone I never, ever want in my party.

No adult character is ever going to be playable in a game whose story revolves around the self development of teens. It goes against what they are aiming for thematically.

No adult character is ever going to be playable in a game whose story revolves around the self development of teens. It goes against what they are aiming for thematically.

P5 is far less about this than P4, and it could even be taken to work with the last development in the game between the two,
where they trust her and the adults with sorting themselves out from there on.

Top Bottom