• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in a Persona 5: Crimson? aka Persona 5: Golden

MoonFrog

I'm not very far into the story, but less restrictive nights.

I'm not sure why on day off of school (so far anyway or sure if it opens up) you wake up after school and evening. I only have 2 activities on a off day?

I mean I slept in on my off days but never 3 or 4 pm >.>

Late game spoiler:
I was so annoyed when I couldn't spend the days I couldn't go to school doing something. Even reading/playing games in my room. Should have been an activity slot. Really cheapened that part for me.

Why would Persona 5: Crimson be acceptable? How do you think the early adopters feel, or the ones that beat it already? I've sunk 120 hours into this game and I'd hate to see a superior version of this come out (thus concluding that I'd have wasted 120 hours on an inferior product).

I'd rather this rumored "Crimson" thing be an anime to be honest.

Why would they care whether you think it would be acceptable?

It happened relatively soon after the original releases with both Persona 3 (twice! with P3:FES about a year later in Japan and P3P about three years after the original release), and with Persona 4 (Golden four years after the ps2 version), while Persona 1 and 2 both got PSP remakes.

It's likely to happen one way or the other.

Philippo

-FeMC
-Tighten up some halfway months like August/September
-Loose up a bit later months, everything was wrapping up so fast i almost did not have any time to explore Futabas and Haru's S.Links
-Less strict nights (MORGANA SHUT THE FUCK UP)
-Hifumi playable
-More voiced lines
-More events, especially group events for the characters to bond
-Let me better understand how close am i to level up a social skill, that way i can better plan my activities
-More to do with your GF/BF, let us act like a real couple
-Let me choose the inherited skill from Strenghten
-Proper Akechi S.Link
-More Memento requests

kromeo

Why would Persona 5: Crimson be acceptable? How do you think the early adopters feel, or the ones that beat it already? I've sunk 120 hours into this game and I'd hate to see a superior version of this come out (thus concluding that I'd have wasted 120 hours on an inferior product).

People accept it with Mario Kart, fighting games, hunter games, Dynasty Warriors..

It's not like they're deliberately leaving out content just for the sake of selling another version 2 years later or whatever..
Although I wouldn't exactly be surprised if Atlus did

True Fire

People accept it with Mario Kart, fighting games, hunter games, Dynasty Warriors..

Persona 4... Persona 3, twice... Both Persona 2s... Persona 1... Strange Journey... Shin Megami Tensei 3... Shin Megami Tensei 2... If... Shin Megami Tensei a billion times...

It's almost like ATLUS loves ports. Go figure

It'd be perfectly acceptable IMO. Persona 5 was announced ages ago and is a PS3 game. Nothing wrong with a current gen version with better graphics and added content.

Why are people asking for gay relationships knowing damn well atlus doesn't have the sensibilities to correctly approach this subject? I mean with all due respect Japan is a little bit behind the curve in regards to certain issues (I said a little bit to be respectful)

I don't get people wanting Hifumi as a party member, she'd just be a Makoto (socially inept tactician) + Yusuke(quirky chuuni) combination and fairly redundant.

If a Crimson comes out, I wanna see Goro's SLink
not be automatic. You have to raise it up yourself whenever he's in LeBlanc and he survives if you max it out, leading to slightly different cutscenes. (Although who am I kidding with bringing him back to life, everyone knows he'll be in Dancing All Night 5)

Also extra playable months,
I know this does the stupid thing where they skip ahead from December to March like in 3 and 4, and Mementos is gone, but I just wanna hang out with my mates and do exams and stuff. Even if you restrict hanging out to be only for Rank 10 confidants I wouldn't mind the slightest.

And maybe an option to completely remove Morgana from the story and gameplay. Thanks.

A save import from vanilla that gives you some minor head start options
- like start with some extra cash
- start at rank 1 or 2 charm/guts/proficiency/kindness/knowledge (or maybe 4 of them a rank one and you can pick one for rank 2?)
- some reasonable stat armour/weapons etcstart at rank 1 for charm). Nothing too good or it will take the fun out of playing again.
- include all the DLC costumes/music/persona etc

About this NPC in Shibuya

Can we make it the killer? I mean he's talking to a cat haha.

You mean Foreign Barker? He's easily the nicest character in the entire game.
He totally should've appeared in the cheering scene with Yaldy and in the epilogue Shibuya instead of being forgotten.

Why are people asking for gay relationships knowing damn well atlus doesn't have the sensibilities to correctly approach this subject? I mean with all due respect Japan is a little bit behind the curve in regards to certain issues (I said a little bit to be respectful)

Because we actually want them to start having the sensibilities to correctly approach this subject. I'd rather see them get their act together than continuously ignore it. Hire better writers, already. 😑

Rank 9

Yusuke: *blush* I really like you.
MC: I like you too. Let's date.
Yusuke: Agreed.

*you're now dating Yusuke*

Done.

This works, too.

OrionX

Rank 9

Done.

Because we actually want them to start having the sensibilities to correctly approach this subject. I'd rather see them get their act together than continuously ignore it. Hire better writers, already. ��

Japan as a society needs to about 10 years to catch up to current climate, Im just saying to keep expectations in check.

Rank 9

Done.

Incoming " where's the nuance behind the romance?" "That exchange was so dry" I can only see gaf burning down. If you're gonna tackle this properly at least have the character come out and known explicitly which he way swings.

FeMC and *Very Late Game spoilers*
Please no Akechi joining back up that would be silly cop-out, the ideal imo would be to have Sae become a party member for the last two palaces with identical abilities to him.

Galang

Banned
Female route please! And I'm hoping they keep it as a PS3/PS4 title rather than downgrade it for Vita. Switch version would be great too

Easy question

271dcc4bb476b6003ffdb99a7f420637.jpg

Fuck. Yes.

OrionX

Incoming " where's the nuance behind the romance?" "That exchange was so dry" I can only see gaf burning down. If you're gonna tackle this properly at least have the character come out and known explicitly which he way swings.

As far as I know none of the romances are treated with very much detail or complexity. And I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't personally need the character to have a grand coming out moment.

I'm not trying to start a debate, and I don't even expect them to actually do it, but the thread is about things we'd like to see and that's something that would've meant a lot to me.

As far as I know none of the romances are treated with very much detail or complexity. And I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't personally need the character to have a grand coming out moment.

I'm not trying to start a debate, and I don't even expect them to actually do it, but the thread is about things we'd like to see and that's something that would've meant a lot to me.

For sure, I'm not interested in it myself but if it's done i want to be well done for those that want it instead of being half assed done. Guess I just rather something well done instead of a throwaway add-on.

For sure, I'm not interested in it myself but if it's done i want to be well done for those that want it instead of being half assed done. Guess I just rather something well done instead of a throwaway add-on.

A lot of the existing romance routes are total afterthoughts with little to no realistic development. Honestly, respectful representation matters a lot more than execution here.

The amount of port begging for this game is off the charts. Incredible.

Wouldn't be a Switch port then.
It's actually really irritating to me. I guess people who only play on Switch would try and ask for as many games as possible but I have a PS4 and Switch yet I get annoyed. It's usually the same people who say no to Monster Hunter being multiplatform.

The game let's you be a harem master already, so make it even bigger. Have all the male confidants that are of appropriate age be romance-able too. Mega harem MC do it Atlus

MoonFrog

Hmmm...about homosexual relationships:

Here's what I'd like to see:

-More male characters. Say at least best friend, emperor guy, and another guy.
-One or more of those guys (but not all) are gay.
-Less date-able female social links again.

Basically, I think there should be gay relationships. I also really don't think every relationship should lead to romance. I value purely homosocial relationships, and, frankly, the dating social links are often among the weakest and mostly appeal on an id level. I also find just tacking a romance option on at the end to color the relationship strangely, like a lot of the adult woman relationships in 5.

Also, making all the characters, say, bisexual changes the sort of group dynamics you can build. I want more homosocial relationships like Chie/Yukiko or Akihiko/Shinjiro in future games, where I think the tendency would be to see, say, Chie/Yukiko as Vince/Stuart (actually don't know if it is Stuart or Stewart, talking British QaF) if, say, they were both into girls and you were playing a third-wheel female character romancing one of them. Sure, you can already poach girls who have a stronger narrative with one of the other guys (Naoto/Kanji, say), but I don't really think that is a good thing either and I don't think more of it is a better thing.

So that's two issues: a) I don't think Persona benefits from pushing dating further. I'd rather it contract a bit around stronger narratives and mutate a bit to allow for homosexual relationships and allow for FeMC, and b) I also think a world where everyone is bisexual changes the way homosocial relationships work for the worse, when I want more of those.

Thud

You mean Foreign Barker? He's easily the nicest character in the entire game.
He totally should've appeared in the cheering scene with Yaldy and in the epilogue Shibuya instead of being forgotten.

Yes, he's the best along with news reporter girl, momma rocker and film critic.

1. Vita is dead.

2. Excuse me? That was one of the absolute best skills in the game.

5. Still dead.

As much as I love my Vita, I think a Switch version makes way more sense and I don't even own a switch yet?

I'd like some more variety for mementos. I actually like the random dungeon aspect, but something more than just
subway tunnels
would be nice.

Super boases are always fun too, not sure if the orginal has any, haven't beaten the game yet.

Pejo

I wouldn't mind it if Tae sold a sedative for Morgana, allowing you to do two activities at night on your free time, with the penalty of starting at half SP the next time you go into a palace or dungeon (you know, because you're tired).

The amount of port begging for this game is off the charts. Incredible.

Wouldn't be a Switch port then.

I mean I can't blame anyone considering Persona has been a portable game and its a lot more convenient than playing on a console. I mean I would rather play a 100 hour RPG on a portable rather on a home console because I don't have much time.

Plus vita is dead at this point so what other portable system could they port it to?

BigEmil

I mean I can't blame anyone considering Persona has been a portable game and its a lot more convenient than playing on a console. I mean I would rather play a 100 hour RPG on a portable rather on a home console because I don't have much time.

Plus vita is dead at this point so what other portable system could they port it to?
You can always remote play it to Vita, Laptop, PC etc anywhere so not a good excuse

It's a turn based jrpg it doesn't need super fast inputs

You can always remote play it to Vita, Laptop, PC etc anywhere so not a good excuse

Remote play sucks especially if you don't have a good connection so its not convenient. Plus not many people want to carry around a huge laptop everywhere.

There's a reason why I said convenience so what you suggested doesn't really solve the issue.

MisterR

There were obvious reasons why P4G didn't get a console version, I don't think there's any reason to believe a potential updated version of 5 would be Switch exclusive

There are no reasons to think it will be on the switch at all.

Scrawnton

I wouldn't mind it if Tae sold a sedative for Morgana, allowing you to do two activities at night on your free time, with the penalty of starting at half SP the next time you go into a palace or dungeon (you know, because you're tired).
There is
already a way around that by maxing out a social link for a certain female character

MisterR

It's actually really irritating to me. I guess people who only play on Switch would try and ask for as many games as possible but I have a PS4 and Switch yet I get annoyed. It's usually the same people who say no to Monster Hunter being multiplatform.

I'm in the same boat. I have a PS4 and a Switch and the constant Switch port begging is irritating as hell.

Top Bottom