• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Backlog Burner Edition

-- Finally going through the Lost Odyssey DLC dungeon.
-- Espgaluda 2 currently my go-to ios Cave shooter.
-- Real Racing 2, also ios, enjoying racing VW Sciroco R at the moment.
-- Rayman Origins (Xbox 360)

medal-of-honor-ps3.jpg

Battlefield-3.jpg

dead-space-2~6599449w.jpg

Deus-Ex-300x300.jpg

Apdiddy

My PS3 is gettin' some lovin' right now:

Shadows of the Damned (PS3) - On Act 3-3. Loving this game thus far.

Saints Row The Third (PS3) - On Act II.

Dark Souls (PS3) - In Undead Burg

Red Faction Armaggedon (PC) - Really early in the game.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Been fooling around with this...need to get more into it.

Myriadis

I just played though this. I really liked that game, much more than Sands of Time. The artstyle is wonderful and I really liked the Prince this time. Ending is indeed such a punch to the face, I was amused. I only really didn't like the fight system, even on the last boss I was still really bad with it, getting just a 6 or 7-Combo maximum.

I should continue Suikoden V now, just "rescued" Lordlake Town.

Edit: Why is "Combo" with "K" at the beginning censored?

World of WarCraft - my wife and I started Worgan rogues earlier this week and we're having a ton of fun so far

Dawn of War 2: Retribution - I'm still playing my first time through as Imperial Guard. I have all the other factions to go!

Lego Star Wars: the complete saga - my girls insist I play this with them. At ages 3 and 5, it's perfect. I'm at Return of the Jedi, but will need to go back and finish the Revenge of the Sith portion at some point to complete the game.

Saints Row 3 - I'm about 2 hours onto it and loving it so far.

Sporadically,
919611.jpg

With ROCKARD code (no DK or midpoint barrels). Sucks that I have to input it every time (unlike DKC3), since I like to play 1 or 2 levels at a time.

Finally finished Bulletstorm. Loved it.

Attempting to finish up Saints Row: The Third and either F.E.A.R. 3 or RAGE this weekend. Realistically, none of those will get finished.

Darkgran

index.jpg

I have spent about 20 hours on this in the last week.

Super-Mario-3D-Land-Logo-600x320.jpg

Absolutely amazing game. Not sure why it doesn't get more love. One of the best Mario games out there.

ghibli99

Mario Kart 7 (3DS) - Great, but still trying to figure out how the hell to get 3 stars!

Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - Wonderful Disney nostalgia, story, and music, but these controls and the camera. Bleh.

EarthBound Zero (NES) - Just started. No real opinion on it yet, but I love the music!

I'll mostly be playing Dead Island with my brother and his friend. I started single player a long time ago, but I decided to wait to play co-op, and I'm glad I did. It's a lot of fun. I'll also probably play some of the Reach update, since I haven't had a chance to play it yet this week. And at some point I should play the copy of Sonic Generations I got from Gamefly. I'm through Sky Sanctuary so far, and loving it

But the NFL divisional round is this weekend, so I'll probably play none of those. I'll be too busy still mourning over the Lions and Steelers losses

edit: Oh, and I'm sure I'll play Mario Kart 7 at some point

Maximus

Still working on:

Batman: Arkham City (360)
KcLBzl.jpg

Vanquish (360)
GedYbl.jpg

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)
Hr0hI.jpg

Also:

Heavy Rain (PS3) - I'm going to try and finally finish this one up (I'm about 3/4 of the way through it).
7qkkgl.jpg

And if I finish any of the above, I'll likely be starting up Mass Effect 2 (360)
Nuzi8l.jpg

hI3c2.jpg

Workin' on GWAMM in Guild Wars. Old pic of when my friends and I simultaneously got LDOA, because there's nothing to screencap at KOABD.

Working diligently, title by title.

Got 100% in Skyward Sword recently.

After that, accidentally got every achievement in Deus Ex: Human Revolution on my first run through the game.

Saints Row: The Third. Bought it as a quick, easy diversion until Kingdoms of Amalur comes out in February - general open-world shenannigans. Now I'm having a lot more fun than I thought I would. Gonna try to 100% it soonishly.

frontieruk

Since Xmas I've burnt through :-
Portal 2 co-op (sp still on my list)
Halo anniversary
Bulletstorm
Mw3
Battlefield 3
Vanquish

Still to finish to many to mention :(

stonedwal

On the last episode of Sly 2: Band of Thieves. Good game, but way too drawn out. Should be my second Platinum trophy, since they basically give it to you for finishing the game and buying a few additional power ups.

After that I plan on tackling either Resident Evil 0 or Code Veronica X. Both have been in my backlog for almost 10 years.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
PUSHMO About 12 hours logged now, it's barely edged out by Ocarina of Time 3D as my most played 3DS game so far. Working on the second set of mural puzzles, on one hand they're pretty easy, on the other hand they're dinosaurs, so I'm enjoying it. Hopefully level 4 will be a greater challenge. Anyways, I'm really loving this game, it came out of nowhere for me.

F.E.A.R. on extreme difficulty. Shit is intense. The gunplay is excellent on any difficulty level but extreme makes every shot count. The AI is still pretty impressive compared to most FPS games, at least they have some survival skills. It's not as difficult as I thought it would be since bullet time + the god tier shotty are a deadly combination.

Bejeweled 3 bought from the recent Steam sale, it's good, additive fun. I would rather have it on portable but it's a quality time killer.

....and still working on my first set of 3DS games, Super Mario Land 3D, OoT 3D and Mario Kart 7.

-Stranger-

skyward-sword-boxart.png

Incredible game so far, i love the setting and characters in this game. I've just stopped off at Skyloft for supplies before i tackle the first temple. It's amazing having a new Zelda to play!

elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-xbox360-boxart.jpg

I'm really impressed with Skyrim, such a huge world with so many things to do.
My character is a Khajit currently on level 8, i've doing the main quest and a few side quests mixed in. I have to say Skyrim is 100x better than Oblivion.

Battlefield 3

Currently on rank 39 but with a k/d ratio of 0.79, i'll need to improve that.
Been ranking up Attack Helicopters and Recon class lately. The SV98 is a beast.

la-noire-box-art-ps3.jpg

I'm enjoying LA Noire, up to the 4th case i think. It has a great atmosphere and the story is really interesting. The open world feels abit empty though.

i_30728.png

Great game and the best 3DS title yet, i'm going to finish it up today.

Getting back into Skyrim after binging on Minecraft for a while. Only 85 hours in, so I still have plenty left to do.

Also, I just bought a 3DS last weekend (my first Nintendo hardware in 17 years!) so I've been playing Super Mario 3D Land, Pushmo, Zen Pinball 3D and just started Dragon Quest IX.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Just this second I've finished Quake 2. It is the first time I've ever touched a Quake title since the first one came out in 1996 (or was it 97?) Anyway, I really quite enjoyed it. Don't think I'll bother with the expansion packs though.

Now trying out Atom Zombie Smasher, it's so much funnnnnn.

There is entirely too much on my back-burner, but these I've been especially focusing on these last few weeks:

Aliens Infestation - all marines will survive.
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Ghost Trick
Super Mario 3D Land - just rounding up all the coins.
Final Fantasy VI
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - level grinding mostly.
Dragon's Quest IV - more level grinding.
The Dark Spire - having trouble getting back to town.
Skyrim - put this on hold almost a month now for some reason, trying to get back to it...
Rayman Origins
Doom II
Ninja Gaiden (NES) - took a break at 6-2, will continue soon.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Mighty Switch Force - still need to get all the par times.

Sweet Jesus man! Actually I think I'm going to have to fire up Uncharted 3. I don't care about Gears multiplayer, and after finishing Batman, I don't think I have it in me for another open-world-esque game. Plus I want to try out my 3D TV a bit more. GAF, you were supposed to make this easy on me!

Sweet Jesus man! Actually I think I'm going to have to fire up Uncharted 3. I don't care about Gears multiplayer, and after finishing Batman, I don't think I have it in me for another open-world-esque game. Plus I want to try out my 3D TV a bit more. GAF, you were supposed to make this easy on me!

If you've played Gears 2 and Uncharted 2 then you've played their latest iterations. Deus Ex is the most different and a damn good RPG.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
dqiv5.jpg

Dragon Quest IV (NDS) is a blast. I'm becoming a Dragon Quest fan slowly thanks to the Zenithia trilogy. Almost done with this game though.

AScarOfTheDoll.png

This wonderful visual novel called A Scar of a Doll (iOS) is awesome. Though marred with bad translation, you can still understand the game and it's definitely intriguing.

Wired

Well I'm a master of starting on a game and then somehow losing focus and jumping to another at the same time... and so on. Eventually I'm trying to keep track of five-six different games which I usually fail at doing which leads to me just saying fuck it and stop playing any of them... lol

Which is where I'm at at the moment, right now I'm trying to get through a couple of games I've already started playing but never finished:

Dark Souls, NIER, HALO Reach and Dead Space

PC
Arcanum, Alice: Madness Returns, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Portal 2, Fallout: New Vegas, SPAZ and Recettear.

HOWEVER, took a break from all that and jumped into X-COM: UFO Defense for the hundredth time... what can I say it's one of my favorite games ever and the recent news about the new X-COM made my nostalgia flare up like mad.

On one hand I'm annoyed that I can't just stick to a game until I've finished it but on the other I guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm having fun right?

Wilsongt

Final Fantasy XII: Made it to the Sochen Cave Palace. Fuck those mandragoras...

Final Fantasy Tactics: A2: 226 quests done. 84 hours in. Oh lord.

Brashnir

Was considering starting a 2012 backlog-clearing thread, but I suppose I'll just post in here instead.

Finished so far in 2012:

Batman: Arkham City
Gears of War 3
Rayman: Origins

Currently Playing:

Zen Pinball 3D
Super Mario 3D Land

And I'm trying to decide on which Console/PC game to start devoting time to next. Here's the backlog candidates:

Haven't started:

Risen
Neverwinter Nights 2
Demon's Souls
Halo CE Anniversary
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Dark Sector
Dungeon Defenders

Already played some, never finished:

Batman:Arkham Asylum
Uncharted 2
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
L.A. Noire
Kirby's Epic Yarn
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Valkyria Chronicles
3D Dot Game Heroes
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Elven Legacy
Dawn of War 2: Retribution

WhyMe6

My goal yesterday was to complete Yakuza (PS2) so I could finally move on to the copies of 2 & 3 I've got sitting here. I was contemplating going straight to 2 and simply watching the recap, but I decided against it as I was already up to Chapter 5.

Chapter 8, fire at purgatory, cutscene where Kazuma spots it. It freezes for about a minute. He goes inside, it freezes for three minutes. It shows the place in flames, goes to load next cutscene: "Now loading..." is splashed across the screen for the next 30 minutes. Nothing.

I purchased the game pre-owned from eBay about four years ago and there is only a single, seemingly minor, shallow scratch on the game. I've played through worse, so I thought nothing of it. Four years later, it's bitten me on the arse and now I can't go any further. I'll try to give it a buff, but for now I'm moving onto Yakuza 2 (which, thankfully, was purchased brand new). I was raging.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood went back to this last week and it's a blast. Great game. Although, I realized that I can't play it for more than half an hour at a time.

I've got Skyward Sword on the back burner after putting in 7 hours as well. It's not a bad game, I just don't care to play it.

My goal yesterday was to complete Yakuza (PS2) so I could finally move on to the copies of 2 & 3 I've got sitting here. I was contemplating going straight to 2 and simply watching the recap, but I decided against it as I was already up to Chapter 5.

Chapter 8, fire at purgatory, cutscene where Kazuma spots it. It freezes for about a minute. He goes inside, it freezes for three minutes. It shows the place in flames, goes to load next cutscene: "Now loading..." is splashed across the screen for the next 30 minutes. Nothing.

I purchased the game pre-owned from eBay about four years ago and there is only a single, seemingly minor, shallow scratch on the game. I've played through worse, so I thought nothing of it. Four years later, it's bitten me on the arse and now I can't go any further. I'll try to give it a buff, but for now I'm moving onto Yakuza 2 (which, thankfully, was purchased brand new). I was raging.
I did almost the same thing when I bought Yakuza 3. These games are so story-focused and connected that the obligation to play through the early chapters feels stronger than with other IP's. In hindsight I may have been mostly ok with just a recap of the first (though playing it is always prefered), but I am extremely glad I played through Y2, and a little bummed I rushed it the way I did. It really is the best in the series for me, amazing game.

angelfly

Been playing a lot of Death Smiles 2. Didn't play it much after I picked it up lately I haven't been able to put it down. Also been playing a lot of Alpha Protocol to my surprise since I didn't like the game much back when I first played it but I'm enjoying it this time around.

WhyMe6

I did almost the same thing when I bought Yakuza 3. These games are so story-focused and connected that the obligation to play through the early chapters feels stronger than with other IP's. In hindsight I may have been mostly ok with just a recap of the first (though playing it is always prefered), but I am extremely glad I played through Y2, and a little bummed I rushed it the way I did. It really is the best in the series for me, amazing game.

That's really good advice as I've heard excellent things about the second one, so I'll be sure not to rush through it.

Most fan lists I've read have placed Yakuza 1 at the bottom of their "Yakuza series ranking", so I'm not too concerned about watching Chapters 8-13 via recap.

otakuderek

I have been playing mostly Super Mario 3D Land while it's slow at work. The PS2 has been getting some love recently with Dragonball Z:Budokai 3. I finished the story mode with Goku and now to either shelve it or beat with all the other characters. I really need to kill my backlog at home but long hours at work makes me want to sleep or bust through my anime backlog. I think my off day tomorrow is going to be dedicated to my PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII.

for ps3:

modern warfare 3: mostly multiplayer, but i've been playing the campain mode and it's really entertaining, although has way too much hand-holding.

assassin's creed (first one): having a fun time collecting the flags all over the place (yay OCD) and the missions are really cool. love pickpocketing and assassinating in broad daylight :)

Top Bottom