• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': November 2015

Strike

Want to share your thoughts on what you're currently playing? Have a recommendation? Need a second opinion on a game you are playing or might be interested in playing? It could be a few sentences, a paragraph, a picture, gifs, even a video. Feel free to post in this thread anytime during the month. A new one usually goes up by the 1st of every month or the first weekend of every month.

7G9aJEr.jpg

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) - In the middle of Sequence 8. Traveling, finding collectibles, and plundering ships in between missions.

pSwCr87.jpg

echochrome (PSP via Vita BC) - Boot it up every now and then.

The big releases are here! Winter is coming. Whatcha been playin'?

Finally opened my steel collectors edition of Final Fantasy XII haha. It's been pretty good so far, but I'm only 4 hours in. I was pretty worried about the combat at first, but I'm enjoying it. At first, I couldn't stop spamming the X button like it was an action RPG so I just kept popping up the menu.

Pachimari

Gonna update the list. This month, I'm playing:

- DriveClub (just bought the Bikes expansion)
- NBA 2K16 (just bought it)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (just bought it)
- Halo 5: Guardians (just bought it)
- Destiny: The Taken King (just bought it)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (just bought it)

Also bought Forza Horizon 2 but I haven't started it up yet. Can see me go for Fallout 4 or Star Wars: Battlefront within the month as well.

Risgroo

Trying to get into A Link Between Worlds, which I bought back when it came out :p
Just made it to Lorule, and I'm having a lot of fun so far. It's a bit light on story so far (I actually love stuff like Skyward Swords's long-ass intro), but the music, the surprisingly good graphics and some really fun mechanics (merging!) more than make up for it.

I'll see if I can make some good progress this weekend :)

Other than that I'm just waiting for Fallout and Battlefront.

Rosur

Been playing a lot of Anno 2205 this week along with some Hearthstone. Also been playing Rocket League on the PS4. Also this weekend plan to do some streaming for Extra Life (probably Anno 2205, Hearthstone and some other games).

Will be playing Fallout 4 from next week. Plan to sink lots of hours into it.

Currently playing through The World Ends With You on 3DS (masterpiece) and popping up The Binding Of Isaac: Afterbirth on PC now and then.
Tried out Dynasty Warriors NEXT's demo on my Vita just now and I'm now wondering where has musou been all my life.

Bloodborne and Guilty Gear Xrd are the main focuses on the PS4 lately, working on finishing my Bloodborne playthrough so I can start a NG+ when the DLC drops. Xrd is so much fun, going to buy a Brook adapter so I can use my 360 Madcatz TE S on PS4, now that I know SF5 is coming out in a few months. Also play some Madden 16 and Driveclub.

On PC I just picked up the first chapter Trails of the Sky, saw the sequel come out and the first chapter discounted and figured this was a good chance to jump into that series. Hearthstone is also something that pretty much always gets played.

IvanJ

Banned
Catching up on some slower paced games. Just finished Tales from the Borderlands - loved it, great story, great humor.
Coming up: Back to the Future and Talos Principle.

Currently playing FFXIII-2. A lot better than XIII so far, although I'm still early in it.

Catching up on some slower paced games. Just finished Tales from the Borderlands - loved it, great story, great humor.

Just finished it as well. Quite a surprise for me, really enjoyed it.

Halo 5, Tales of Zestiria, and Danganronpa: Another Episode. Halo 5 has truly got me addicted though. Probably the best competitive multiplayer shooter this generation so far.

Soon will be playing Rise of The Tomb Raider and Fallout 4. Still crappy theyre coming out the same day, but im excited.

The Flash

Banned
Halo 5, Until Dawn, and Bloodborne. Going to see if I can get the platinum trophy before the Old Hunters comes out. Unless Fallout 4 does something amazing, Bloodborne will probably be my GOTY.

dock

An6YCTn.jpg

Thanks to a Halloween discount I picked up Resident Evil: Revelaitons to play on my new 3DS. I'm really enjoying it, and it may well be the first time I've completed a Resident Evil game, despite buying plenty of them since RE1 on the Sega Saturn. It benefits lots from the 3D, and the c-stick makes aiming much nicer than when I tried the demo a couple of years ago.

AMC124c41

Neo Member
Well let's see:

Still working trough The Witcher III
Started another playtrough of The Order 1886
Constant Battlefied 4 online matches
Project Cars campaign
Finished Metro 2033, now playing trough Metro Last Light Redux

I game on my PS4, PC too old :p

Fractal

Banned
So far I finished Tales From the Borderlands and the original Starcraft. Right now I'm replaying Brood War then I'll move onto Starcraft 2 to finally see the whole thing through.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Mainly Destiny on ps4 with a little helping of forza 6 and fifa 16 on x1 and superfrog on Vita.

Really want to get started on halo 5 a d AC syndicate at some point.

01DragonFly

Halo 5 : Finished my first play through of campaign on legendary, I liked it.Best multi player halo in a long time.SWAT mode is addicting.
Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns , loving the new maps the scale of them is crazy. gliding in maps makes everything better.

SxP

Driveclub Bikes (PS4)
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PS4)

And, as "always":
Rocket League (PS4)
Counter Strike: Global Offensive (PC)

Almost nothing but Europa Universalis IV, with a dash or two of SOMA and Fallout 3. If it had been released this year, EUIV would be my Game of the Year by a country mile at this point.

Also waiting on Black Ops III and Fallout 4 to show up in my mailbox.

MetalSlug

ukdc-p.jpg

Just started a new playthrough last night. I must have played it about 20+ times since its release back in 2000. It was that good that I also bought it for the PS2, PC and on IOS. Currently playing the Dreamcast version because that is the only console I still have hooked up. I would prefer to play the PC version for cleaner visuals, but sadly the game physics are all messed up on modern systems.

Here is footage of the introduction movie + some gameplay.

The game also has a fantastic soundtrack. Each character has a slightly different theme on each of the levels.

If you have never played the game before, then I highly recommend that you do. You can find the game on Dreamcast/PS2/PC/IOS. There is also a PC demo (about 50mb) of one of the later levels (Dinosaur themed!) that you can find using Google.

Right now I'm trying to actually beat the Order before Fallout comes out so I can properly complain about how terrible it is.

stn

Recently Beat:
Halo: The MC Collection (XBO)

Now Playing:
Halo 5: Guardians (XBO)
Forza Motorsport 6 (XBO)

Binding of Issac Rebirth on Xbox One

Had to download from the US Store (from UK here) but damn does it feel good to get my issac fix once again

Metro Last Light Redux for PS4.

It must be that I wasn't born in the USA, that I appreciate Metro's sensibilities. Thematically, I think the story is much more mature than The Last of Us. Which to me makes it a better game in terms of story and just pure atmosphere.

Yesterday I beat Rebel Galaxy, awesome game.

Now playing Project Zero Maiden of Black Water (loving it) and Dragon quest Heroes, almost done with that one.

After those it's finally time for Persona 4 Arena! Hopefully I'm done with all this when Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out :).

Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
Hearthstone (PC)
Splatoon (Wii U)

Trying to finish Arkham City before 11/10 release of Legacy of the Void and more importantly my Black Friday purchase of a PS4.

My 9 year old daughter was unimpressed with the graphics of Arkham City and asked my if it was super old or something. I guess it is a little old! Got in on PS+ way back. I wish the female characters didn't have ridiculous figures. Weird playing a game that she's watching where the women are all boobs and butt and tiny waist. Hate that.

the-walking-dead-game-season-2-walkthrough.jpg

Pretty sure there was even less "gameplay" in this one than the first season.. had some good tension and more gore than the first iirc. not nearly as heartbreaking or emotional, but still an overall decent tale. There are plenty of plot holes and stupid/contradicting dialog I thought though.

I'd only play if you enjoyed the first or are a walking dead fan....honestly it comes across as a (very) poor mans The Last of Us.

eternal%20sonata.jpg

Trying to get through Eternal Sonata....it's a bit slooow. realy wish teh maps werent as big or the characters ran faster... really hard to grind when theres only 3-5 battles in an area and it takes forever to walk to each one, then you need to leave the area to reset the monsters... kinda boring on the story too... i'm in it for the battle system...actually the anime/cell style looks nice as well for being such and early game. not sure if I really want to keep going for another 30+ hours.... would rather spend my time in skyrim or southpark:stick of truth

PS3 - The Walking Dead Season 1. Completed Episode 4 last night, and I'll hopefully finish up tonight.

PS4 - Destiny: The Taken King. I finished House of Wolves last night and I'll probably make a start on The Dark below next. Surprised at how slight HoW was considering it was basically half of a £35 season pass, or £20 on its own. I love the game but I don't like a lot of Bungie's business decisions around it.

Vita - played a bit of Dragon Fin Soup a couple of nights ago and I will probably play some more over the weekend before deciding whether it's worth sticking with.

O.DOGG

Still playing MGSV almost daily. Aside from that, some Arkham Knight and Shadow of Mordor. I'm also planning on finally giving that Witcher 3 expansion a try, it's been sitting there waiting for me for too long now.

Disgaea5_logo_transparent.png

Disgaea 5. Those prinnies aren't gonna sub-class grind and shard farm themselves. Unfortunately.

and Bloons Tower Defense 5. Bloons is the best Tower Defense series ever created.

Top Bottom