• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': November 2015

Ikon

I'm 22% into Assassins Creed Unity (PS4) at the moment. I don't have much time for it but the graphics are really something else. Also, I like it a lot because most of the side stuff is more fun than recent entries.

Kind of looking forward to Syndicate now.

Zenner

Just Dance 2016 - just the Standard edition.
Halo 5 - Haven't even started the campaign; too much fun in War Zones. :D

Tuesday has Rise of the Tomb Raider arriving. The last Lara Croft games I played were Tomb Raiders 1 and 2 - looks like there's been a bit of graphics upgrade since then! :eek:

Genio88

Already finished Halo 5, i'll be playing Rise Of The Tomb Raider(Xbox One), COD Black Ops 3(PC), Assassin's Creed Syndicate(PC), then i'll focus on Fallout 4(PC), but it could be later than November at that point

daffy

Banned
ukdc-p.jpg

Just started a new playthrough last night. I must have played it about 20+ times since its release back in 2000. It was that good that I also bought it for the PS2, PC and on IOS. Currently playing the Dreamcast version because that is the only console I still have hooked up. I would prefer to play the PC version for cleaner visuals, but sadly the game physics are all messed up on modern systems.

Here is footage of the introduction movie + some gameplay.

The game also has a fantastic soundtrack. Each character has a slightly different theme on each of the levels.

If you have never played the game before, then I highly recommend that you do. You can find the game on Dreamcast/PS2/PC/IOS. There is also a PC demo (about 50mb) of one of the later levels (Dinosaur themed!) that you can find using Google.
I used to love this game. I played the PS2 version constantly. Gotta say the cell shaded PS2 enhancement makes a huge difference it seems.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Halo.

Only got an XB1 recently and have been catching up on Halo. Just finished 4 the other day. Not started 5 yet. Probably tomorrow.

Once I finish 5 then I'm gonna finally start MGS:V and play Tomb Raider/Fallout 4/Football Manager 2016/Battlefront/COD BO3/Sunset OD this month.

tariniel

A little bit of a lot of things.

Guild Wars 2 - leveling a character. Never made it past 20 before.
Bloodborne - Just beat the game the other night, started another character.
Destiny Taken King - Down to just doing some weekly stuff now. I got about 100 hours from it, so well worth it.

Planning to start:
Shadowrun Dragonfall - was on sale for $3 the other day so I grabbed it.
Nier on PS3 - I've owned it for years but never really played it. Thinking about giving it a shot since the sequel was announced.

Considering buying: Black Ops 3 on PS4. Will probably end up not getting it, but tempted.

Kazzy

I was initially playing this one, just by sheer virtue that I wanted something to fit the occasion (halloween), and the looming presence of the Yakuza 5 localisation, means the series has been on my mind.

yakuzadeadsouls-810x400.jpg

But besides that, these games are so content rich, and so satisfying, narratively, that I just have a huge smile on my face the whole time!

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on my PS Vita. I bought it on sale. I was looking for a turn based older style rpg and this looks brilliant on the Vita.

CvGz

Neo Member
Xenoblade Chronicles (New 3DS): Owned on Wii but I stopped playing it about 20-30 hours in. I think I just got distracted and I find it hard to go back to games after being away for months etc. Would like to beat this before Xenoblade X but I'm willing to take my time with it, enjoying it very much.

Destiny (PS4): Routinely returning to the game due fear of missing out but while I enjoy the gameplay, with no one to play with anymore its just been boring. I've uninstalled it again.

Kabanossi

Wind Waker HD. Got it from the Mario Kart 8 bonus game promotion. I played it for a few hours but I kinda forgot about the game when I bought a PS4 + Destiny bundle. I tried to get back to it but you guys know how hard it can be to remember what you were doing in games like WW if you haven't played it in a long time. A few weeks ago I decided to complete my unfinished games. Order 1886 and Far Cry 4 are done. Didn't like them but Wind Waker here is a completely different thing. It's kinda refreshing to play a game which isn't holding your hand all the time. The world is full of secrets and cool places to explore. It's the first Zelda game i'm about to finish. Might try some older Zeldas too thanks to WW.

And the graphics... Just. Wow...

Arrrammis

Warframe. It is seriously the best optimized game I have ever played on PC. My laptop can only run most games on medium settings, but I can easily run this at max graphics and have a steady 60 fps.

We need more people on gaf to join us! It's robotic space ninjas! The game has surprisingly deep lore, incredibly interesting characters, and now a completely redone movement and quest system. Tons of weapons, "classes", and missions all combine to make your own personalized playstyle. Best of all, it's COMPLETELY FREE! Everything in the game can be obtained by just grinding, and the in-game market allows people to sell and trade things to other players. I can't find any clips on youtube that do it justice, just download it!

Got quite into Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PC, just finished an at-times challenging first normal playthrough. I ended up really liking these latest versions of Claire and Barry. Revisiting stages now with some new costumes and the classic Chicago Typewriter, fool around with Raid some more.

Also enjoying Fairy Fencer F, playing through at a relaxed pace, also on PC/Steam.

Well after watching the Warcraft trailer numerous times I started reminiscing about my days with Warcraft III.

Then I got the itch to play something Warcraft related.

So I did the natural thing and, uh...

...subbed to WoW for the first time.

ma5jOUD.gif

Platinum'd Assassins Creed Syndicate early in the month, great game.

Playing Fallout 4, tiny amounts of MGS 5, and Rise of the Tomb Raider now. Battlefront in the mix next week.

0 hours of Destiny this month, and I was playing 4-5 hours a day all of October.

Nuke Soda

Fallout 4 is my main squeeze this month with Rise of the Tomb Raider being second.

Also been playing Beyond: Two Souls just to see if a couple years down the line I would like it a little more. So far there are scenes that I think are pretty nifty, but the fact that the story is scatter shot and not terribly interesting that it really hurts the neat sequences.

BumRush

Right now I'm very slowly working my way through:

The Witcher 3 (I alternate between loving it and being incredibly bored by it)

Bioshock Infinite (after loving 1 and 2 I have no idea why I didn't give this a chance. Probably a little more than half way through...incredible game)

Tactics Ogre: LUCT (not as good as FFT: WotL so far, about 6-7 hours in, but still phenomenal. So excited I gave this one a chance)

Probably going to put Witcher down soon in favor of the bloodborne DLC.

Red boxed BLOP3: Campaign was ok, didn't finish it. MP feels a lot like the 1st BLOP. Returned after a day.

Madden 16: I'm closing in on 200 online games played, love football.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: Gorgeous game and the story is good so far. Loving all the optional tombs and upgrades linked to them. Want Lara's skills close to maxed by the end.

.Anema

Finished The Evil Within with my girlfriend. I loved every minute of the adventure, can't wait to play the DLC. I want a sequel!
I've been playing Yoshi's Woolly World too. It's a good game but a little sloooooooooooooooow.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Black Ops 3 campaign on my PlayStation 4, and oh boy is it a chore. The missions are long as hell, it takes the game away from you for too long, and I'm playing on hardened but still not getting the trophies for the missions. Don't care about multiplayer, just need to finish this shit so I can get Fallout 4, but the game is too slow.

zsynqx

ajgu9f.gif

Black Ops 3

Campaign is a bore. Multiplayer is amazing. Zombies seems to be great but haven't had enough time to dig my teeth into it.

Strike

Warframe. It is seriously the best optimized game I have ever played on PC. My laptop can only run most games on medium settings, but I can easily run this at max graphics and have a steady 60 fps.

We need more people on gaf to join us! It's robotic space ninjas! The game has surprisingly deep lore, incredibly interesting characters, and now a completely redone movement and quest system. Tons of weapons, "classes", and missions all combine to make your own personalized playstyle. Best of all, it's COMPLETELY FREE! Everything in the game can be obtained by just grinding, and the in-game market allows people to sell and trade things to other players. I can't find any clips on youtube that do it justice, just download it!
Seconded. I played it for 2 months and I'm not even into f2p games. Lots of fun and if you have the patience, you'll never have to spend a dime. It's like Destiny with a lower budget, but just as fun.

As for me, I don't have much to update on this week, aside from making it to Sequence 10 in Assassin's Creed IV.

watdaeff4

This is the month of MP shooters for me:

Halo
CoD
Battlefront

All great in their own right. Probably was silly of me to buy all 3 but oh well.

Also playing through AC Syndicate. Hope to complete by the weekend.

Started Valiant Hearts finally and enjoying it. One of the best PS+ (and now XBG) games out there. (Rocket League is #1 by a mile though)

DTJAAAAM

Completed Fallout 4 on Xbox One yesterday, so plugged in the 360 and started New Vegas since I never got around to playing that.

h#shdem0n

GTA IV

The PC port is as bad as you hear. It's playable but... nothing seems to fix the framerate. Even locking it doesn't work, it always dips under the lock. The game itself isn't bad, I think it's an underrated game. Some mechanics haven't aged well, particularly aiming. I hate the fact that there's not checkpoints within missions, too.

Shank

This was a really fun 2D Beat Em Up. It's one of those hyper-spectacle games that just runs with every cliche in the book and brings it to unimaginable extremes. This is a game where you mow down dozens of foes with dual pistols, machetes, a chainsaw, a katana, metal chains and more.It was a little simple, but short enough that its welcome was never overstayed. I am looking forward to playing Shank 2.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
MGSV - Mission 22 despite owning it since launch
Yoshi's Woolly World - end of World 2 despite owning since launch
Black Ops 3 - Beat 2 Campaign missions despite owning it since launch

"Playing" would be an exaggeration with 2 jobs + tutoring + gym but I make the most of it. With Bloodborne DLC on the horizon, I don't know what I'm gonna do...

KRaZyAmmo

Need for Speed 2015, The Crew Wild Run, and soon to be Bloodborne The Old Hunter.

Enjoying those 3 games atm (although Bloodborne DLC isn't out yet)

Steins_gate_xbox360.jpg

Steins;Gate (Vita/PS3/PC)

Just completed this little game called Steins;Gate on my Vita and it's my GOTY as of now. Just loved the story and characters so much. Glad I didn't finish the anime before playing this having only watched like two episodes before playing.

UK_box_art_of_Yoshi's_Woolly_World.jpg

Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

Loving this game a lot too. Just a nice, relaxing fun platformer. Not really playing it that often right now, but I'll try and finish it before I get Xenoblade Chronicles X in December.

large.jpg

Fire Emblem (GBA/Wii U VC)

Been playing Hector's story for a bit and hope to finish it soon. I would definitely say this would be my second favorite in the series next to Path of Radiance on GameCube. Love this franchise and can't wait for Fates next year!

ghibli99

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Both have been excellent so far!

...and debating doing a Genocide run in Undertale. I... don't know if I can. :( Easy GOTY contender for me.

smisk

Almost nothing but BLOPS III since it came out, and before that I went through the singleplayer of the first two games. Not usually a huge COD fan but this one really grabbed me and there's a lot of content.
Between that I've gotten in a few rounds of Binding of Isaac and have also emulating Phantasy Star on my 3DS after watching the Chronsega video on it.

Eblo

I skipped out on the DS Zeldas because I heard unsavory things, but after seeing Twilight Princess HD in action and realizing that the 30th anniversary was coming up, I decided that I need some fresh new Zelda I've never experienced before. After an hour of getting accustomed to the unorthodox control scheme, the game grew on me fast. My main gripes are with the repetitive dungeon I heard oh so much about. It wouldn't be so bad if some floors didn't have to be repeated the same way every time. I could probably do the Force Gems puzzle blindfolded at this point. But beneath these flaws is a full-fledged Zelda title worth playing. And Linebeck is awesome.

I never really played challenges the first time through beyond what was needed, and I really missed out as a result. The real game is hidden in the challenges. Fly with classic Tails, explore the levels in different perspectives, get Rouge to arouse all those Eggman's robots, or even do an unusual rhythm minigame with Vector. The game is far more varied than I knew when I only played the story, and I'm stunned that anyone such as myself could miss out on all the extra fun.

Fallout 4, Rocket League and Black Ops 3 - all on PC.

Will add Battlefront to the mix as soon as I get my key from greenmangaming ( or a refund, if they don't deliver :/ ).

Completed Fallout 4 on Xbox One yesterday, so plugged in the 360 and started New Vegas since I never got around to playing that.

How are you finding New Vegas having gone backwards in terms of release order?

~~~

Just finished Fallout 4 today, and having such a hard time deciding what to play next. I want to play Pillars of Eternity - it's what my gut says I should try, and would scratch the "strong story" itch, but Just Cause 3 releases on the 1st and there's very little likelihood I'd be done with PoE by then meaning I'd split my attention. The other thing is I have started and paused both Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, but for some reason even though I want to finish the both of them, now doesn't seem like the right time (which doesn't really make sense). Decisions decisions...

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Well, I just beaten FFX-2 HD using the psychic dress sphere.

I'm also playing WWE 2k16. Hopefully, I can play Fallout 4 and that Bloodborne DLC.

Strike

Spent most of the week unlocking the rest of the map and collecting things in Assassin's Creed IV. Currently in the middle of Sequence 11. I'm still playing echochrome bit by bit whenever I can (typically on weekends).

Paltheos

Tales of Zestiria - I was super hyped from Xillia's trailer and it ended up boring me, and I was so-so from Zestiria from its trailer and I'm having a good time. From the trailer, I'd gathered Sorey would be a rather boring, run-of-the-mill protagonist, but his near-boundless enthusiasm and general good-heartedness has really grown on me. Dude doesn't back down from anything and rather fairly wins over the people he's met so far. The game getting straight to hero-establishing business after leaving home is the right choice - Sorey is obviously a hero. We don't need to waste time bumming around.

I also like the return to a Graces-esque system that eschews traditional mana entirely. I just wish it gave me numbers instead of bars.

I confess I have no clue how the skills and proficiency systems work (why has my proficiency stopped going up even when I change gear?). Wanna try equipment fusion but I've only gotten one shop so far which has stunk.

I've only just entered the Aquapolis sewers - Looking forward to seeing where the game goes from here.

Top Bottom