• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha think The Evil Withins Metacritic score will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tookhster

Looked like a 70 to me from the start. I know I'll enjoy it but it's coming out near CoD/Ass Creed season, and it's lacking in graphical quality....at least in the trailers that they've shown. I don't see it being higher than a 7/10 average game unless Mikami totally wows everyone.

75, with the top reviews saying things like, "Truly scary and disturbing, a must-play for any survival horror fan!" and the bottom reviews saying things like, "A derivative attempt to recapture old-school survival horror thrills."

So basically like every other non-instant-classic, somewhat niche game.

-MD-

Polygon will play it on easy and complain about the difficulty being too easy and end up giving it a 5.5/10

Kotaku will get stuck on a puzzle and be unable to finish the game, solid 6/10.

6.5-7.5

Will be one of the best games of the year.

y57x7.gif

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
67. Predicting a lot of dislike from critics regarding it basically playing like re4 and onward ripoff.

Didn't someone in another thread post how great Mikami games were WHEN he was the director? When he was the producer or another position, the games were average. If that is anything to go(not saying it is or isn't)who can really say...?

67 or 78.
From what I seen, it seems that what's the reviewers will give. From what I seen, I'd give it something like 84 to 86.

antitrop

Didn't someone in another thread post how great Mikami games were WHEN he was the director? When he was the producer or another position, the games were average. If that is anything to go(not saying it is or isn't)who can really say...?

The exception is when Mikami is producing games that Kamiya is directing. :)

Yep that's pretty accurate if you look at the track record and yes he is directiing TEW!

He's produced some of the best games ever... RE2, Killer7 etc. That said, his directorial gigs have always ended in win, even if reviews didn't reflect it. I have confidence in him and this game regardless of what it's score is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom