• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's a life expectancy of a GAFFER and who's been here the longest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Something Creative, Maladroit Make, A Robert Wise Production, C-Bake. I forget sometimes just how many shitty iterations I've gone through on GAF. I liked Something Creative, though. Shame I couldn't do that many characters.

I came in right as Opa had transitioned from regular poster to infamous exile. Or maybe a bit before. Around 2000. This place was incredibly dysfunctional back then. But also pretty entertaining. Was banned plenty of times back in the day, too. Always walked that fine line between opinionated and tiresome arrogance. Also I posted pics of 800lb naked chicks.

Kabouter, what's my magic number (2004-2012, I guess)? I've requested to be banned several times. Dunno if that shows up.

Busty

Banned
I joined back in September 2006.

I experienced the infamous E3 of 2005 here on GAF and knew I had to 'join up'.

I've been hooked since then.

Tenck

You can increase your GAF life expectancy a considerable amount if you don't post on the gaming side. haha...

If you look at my post history you can see that I pretty much post on the OT side exclusively.

You can increase your life expectancy by a lot if you're not being an idiot and say idiotic things.

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary here on Gaf. Hope to never be banned.

Edit: It's actually today!! Thought it was the 3rd for some odd reason.

Busty

Banned
You can increase your life expectancy by a lot if you're not being an idiot and say idiotic things.

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary here on Gaf. Hope to never be banned.

Everyone gets banned sooner or later son.

EVERYONE................

4 years never banned.

A little over a decade on GameFAQs, never banned either.

Honestly unless you're a troll, you'll prolly only get banned due to GAF-specific rules.

Gotta make double digits.

Kabouter, je moeder ruikt de ontlasting geproduceerd door een kreupel paard !
Well well well, that isn't a real insult. You're only stating that Kabouter's mother smells the stench of the feces. If you want to say that she stinks, than the sentence goes like this: "Kabouter, je moeder ruikt naar de onlasting geproduceerd door een kreupel paard." You forgot to write "naar".

Glad I could help.

This thread is awesome lol I've been here since 2007 I think. My ban count is at least 3 possibly more since I've been demoted to Jr. member. Is it possible for me to become a member again?

Switters

This thread is a hall of shadows - unearthed desiccants rising to speak.

Total Posts: 804

Went strong as a ban proof lurker, now I cower in the casting gaze of old gods.

Socreges

Banned
Well well well, that isn't a real insult. You're only stating that Kabouter's mother smells the stench of the feces. If you want to say that she stinks, than the sentence goes like this: "Kabouter, je moeder ruikt naar de onlasting geproduceerd door een kreupel paard." You forgot to write "naar".

Glad I could help.
i3fdwAVLyNiO9.gif

All those years of studying Dutch. And for what.

Got banned during VGA's last year for first time. Reason was for "insulting an industry persons appearance". Doesn't sound like something I'd do, honestly. I'm not that type of person. I've seen people call Gabe Newell or Itagaki pretty bad things and not be banned. The only thing I can remember saying in that VGA thread was that Todd Howard had swag or was a pimp. Don't recall exact quote but it was not in any way meant to be malicious. I think I was just unlucky to be grouped in with a bunch of other people in that thread who also got banned for saying pretty nasty things about some people.

Sigh. My perfect record on GAF forever tarnished. ಠ_ಠ

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Been here about 12 years

Banned a few times. If I recall once was for getting into a viscous back and forth with trilobyte and another for making fun of MGS4 when it was announced. Don't remember the others.

I joined in '98 or '99. I've only been banned once, I think, but that was a long time ago. Back when Opa's board was in its infancy.

TheExodu5

Banned
I've had plenty of bans, but always for just being a dumbass. I strive for having no more throughout my GAF career. Not sure how many times exactly...maybe 6 bans? I was a pretty dumb poster when I started out here.

Dead Man

Yeah, only been here a few years, never experienced Gaming Age.

Since 2004.

All my favorite posters are long gone. I'm always amused at watching new GAF personality attempts that inevitably fade away.

Some of my favourites are gone, but many great ones remain.

marrec

Banned
I've only been posting since October 2010 (not even 2 years yet) and somehow haven't been banned yet. I think it's because I rarely post on the Gaming side. To me, GAF is all about the OT.

Platy

Kabouter, what's my magic number (2004-2012, I guess)? I've requested to be banned several times. Dunno if that shows up.

Why would you request to being banned ?

Like "I need to focus on the study for this week, can you please stop me from acessing this forum" ?

Thaedolus

I've been around since 2001 or so, I remember one of my first GAF memories was reading about 9/11 updates and realizing how useful GAF was as a news aggregate site. I've been banned a handful of times for silly stuff. Once I called someone an idiot and one of the old mods was on a rampage at the time and banning everyone for personal insults. Another time EviLore banned me for a day because I made a thread about how I was GAFfing at 2AM or whatever instead of working on my paper that was due in a few hours. His note told me to work on the paper.

Nowadays I mostly lurk because I realize I don't have much to say. But I still check like every day.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Popped my head in to look around occasionally since about '99. I joined up late 2000/early 2001, so I guess that means I'm coming up on 12 years. That's mildly depressing.

I've always been more of a lurker than a poster, although lately I'm posting more than ever. Hooray for desk jobs and all that.

No bans either! I aspire to one day righteously tell some asshole off and get us both banned in a blaze of glory. The opportunity/inspiration hasn't presented itself though.

I been banned a few times. I believe 2 times as a junior too (might have been once as one, can't remember), which is impressive considering I've now evolved beyond a mere neogaf member.

I think i have been approved since 2010?

Not sure.

Anyways.

I signed for GAF Gold a few months ago.... Maybe last November.

I have been sending my monthly payments, but i have yet to receive the tag and the benefits.

Should I ask a mod about that?

Emitan

I think i have been approved since 2010?

Not sure.

Anyways.

I signed for GAF Gold a few months ago.... Maybe last November.

I have been sending my monthly payments, but i have yet to receive the tag and the benefits.

Should I ask a mod about that?

I've been getting the payments, not sure why you don't have the benefits.

I've been getting the payments, not sure why you don't have the benefits.

Uh? that's really odd.

I was told that I would also get a Gaf Gold Card that would give me discounts at local bistros.

Really looking forward to it, since I like to have brunch with fellow colleagues on the side walk.

neoism

Only bant once, it was the stupid Little Big Planet thread, and it was like 12 hours since I was last on, I seen everyone, begging for beta codes in the thread. I didn't see that another thread was made for that, and was banned because I didn't see Evilore's post.. :( It was for 6 months which crushed me, but thankfully he only made it 3 weeks. Sucks my Subs were lost... I used that all the time now.. :( So it was really just one of those things were I just didn't see a post and i went to another page. lol I didn't even care for the game in the long run.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Look at your member #. Then change it to 1 or whatever

Member number means nothing. Everyone had to re-register in 2004.

Tim-E

Been a registered member since 2006 and I've been banned twice that I recall. I deserved it both times.

Dunlop

Banned at least three times (pretty sure it's higher)

-asked as a person who never played Smash Bros to help me understand what the big attraction was and was lynched by crazy nintendo fanatics, Sp0rk being a mod back then did not help (actually purchased game once I figured it out)
-Implied that there are people on this board who pirate software (generalization not specific people)

Can't anymore, pretty sure they mostly pertain to piracy so I stay way the fuck away from those threads now

Cheech

Been here five years, one ban semi-recently, I don't remember for what. Probably for pushing chubigans' big red button one too many times. Not intentionally, but I don't often have time to write epic posts explaining a controversial point of view, so I can come across as more caustic than intended.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I joined in 2004.. coming up on 8 years in June.. crazy

Lurked for a little while prior to that, too.

edit: banned 3 times I think

First was for key-begging in the SC2 beta thread
Second was for talking about the time Dragona and I spent time alone together playing SFA2 in a hotel room at E3 (she apparently didn't like me providing proof of her actual existence)

I can't remember the third.. maybe it was only twice.. hmm

big_z

Dont talk bad about the Wii and youll do fine!

:/

You have to be careful when pointing out Nintendo/microsoft/sony stupidity but it can be done without getting banned. just avoid getting trapped in an argument with the die hard fans.

I've been here for about 7 years banned three times I think. Once for shitting on sonic, one for hoping nba jam would come to xbox and the last was because a mod made his own rules earlier in the thread an i didn't see them. I don't agree with two of the bans especially at a month long each but there ain't much you can do about it.

Not sure if ign still has this but they used to have a way to contact someone in the case of wrongful banning. Kind of wish gaf had that feature. Every now and then you see someone get banned when they didn't deserve it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I've been a member since 2000 maybe even 1999 (after Blast City went to shit). I can't believe it's been that long. :\ More than 12 years...

DCX

DCX
I started when the Dreamcast was being released in Japan. I found this place from a link from a member of the Dreamcast Tech pages forum.

Banned once.

DCX

sphinx

the piano man
banned three times, 1 week, 1 month, 2 Weeks, approved since 2006.

1.- According to an unknown Mod, I used the word "gay" unappropiately
2.- According to Opiate, I again used the word "gay" unappropiately AND called out and bashed GAF mods as a whole because I told them they were doing a bad job in a thread(fastest way to get banned if you ask me, hehe)
3.- Duckroll and I got into an argument in a MC thread some weeks ago, others gaffers that weren't adding anything to the topic at hand decided to make posts to laugh at me. I told one of them to "fuck off". Duckroll thought such behaviour warranted a ban.

I am fine with all of this, it's not easy to be a mod and it's o.k to get a warning in form of a ban once in a while.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I started when the Dreamcast was being released in Japan. I found this place from a link from a member of the Dreamcast Tech pages forum.

Banned once.

DCX
Oh yeah, I used to post on the Dreamcast technical pages as well. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom