• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's a life expectancy of a GAFFER and who's been here the longest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

Here for 3 years and haven't been banned yet. Then again, I don't really post anything memorable or create topics... and when I do, I fuck it up anyway.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've been around since late 2002, early '03 at the latest.

I guess that makes me a middle aged Gaffer.

I think I've been banned twice, for a total time of 31 days. Something like that.

I'd love to get my tag back to saying "member". This one hasn't been relevant for like 3 years.

Patryn

I will say that it's a little unnerving looking at classic threads and the sheer amount of grey names.

I'm a relative young'n. Only been around since 07. 0 bans, but I think I've treaded near the line a couple times in various Mass Effect threads.

I'm a junior and all but I started lurking here back in 2007 and finally got my account this year. So I guess I'm still a young Gaffer.
Came here for gaming and ended up liking OT better.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
I'm a junior and all but I started lurking here back in 2007 and finally got my account this year. So I guess I'm still a young Gaffer.
Came here for gaming and ended up liking OT better.

This seems to be the case for a lot of GAFfers. I've posted more in OT threads rather than Gaming ones. Though I still hop back and forth between the two.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Been here about 12 years

Banned a few times. If I recall once was for getting into a viscous back and forth with trilobyte and another for making fun of MGS4 when it was announced. Don't remember the others.

I'll be honest Dopey, I never thought you'd make it this long. Back in the day, the mention of MS or xbox was quite the controversial subject.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'll be honest Dopey, I never thought you'd make it this long. Back in the day, the mention of MS or xbox was quite the controversial subject.

Xbot for life

Oh and you must have a frame of the hamster gif as your avatar... That thing made me nostalgia trip

i used to post on geo starting 1996(Gaming Enthusiast Online became ga after the staff had a falling out with geo's pubiisher) and i know theres a few others that did too

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Been here since '99-2000, changed username a couple times. The evolution of this forum has been interesting.

gutshot

Been here since '07 and no bans so far. Just stay on the OT side and you should be fine.

ETA: Do the mods even give out tags anymore? I haven't seen too many instances of it recently.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Early-'01. Banned once for quoting South Park.

noah111

Still Alive
ETA: Do the mods even give out tags anymore? I haven't seen too many instances of it recently.
They do. Seems to be more of a rarity lately, though... or not, who knows.

And i've never felt a need to be cautious with how I post, and never banned (expect once maybe) but being reminded that bans as a junior are usually perma makes me a bit weary.. gotta tread carefully.

Ezalc

Been here since what 06? Never been banned but I've been juniored which is worse considering there's no amount of time until you're unjuniored, with bans at least unless you do something incredibly stupid they're usually temporary. Being juniored is like a slow death.

EDIT: Huh apparently my join date was 09. It somehow feels so much longer...

KillGore

Correct.

Did you guys have to trade half of your remaining lifetime for that power?

ryuk-96.jpg

On-topic: Been here a couple of months, never been banned, but I try to control myself here and just release all my anger on kotaku and gametrailers

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Been here since 1999, got banned once (shortly) because I didn't know the rules concerning fan translations of anime and stuff. I wonder if GAF will still exist in, say, 20 years.

abusori

I can't remember when I started lurking here; it was probably around 2008/09. I signed up around the time the 999 thread went up, and got approved in I think a month.
I wasn't all too active as a poster until about a few months ago though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
0 bans, pure as a baby.

I have an emergency contingency plan if I against all odds get banned. It involves racy pictures of me and Eatchildren's email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom