• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the best action movie of all time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewonandonly

Allright gaf so I have been on a action movie binge lately. I have been watching a lot of them from local to forgeign. So I want to know gaf what is your favorite action movie. For mine its...

the-raid-poster.jpg

WOW!!!! I didn't know what to expect going into this film as it was the first foreign film I have ever seen. At first I was a little wary about having to read sub titles all the way through but my god was it worth it. The premise is simple a swat team has to clear out a tower of villains. What you actually get is some of the most fast paced intense action I have ever seen in my life. I never knew kung fu was so fucking cool. Trust me if you haven't seen this film stop reading this and go watch it right now. YOU WILL THANK ME!!!!

Best fight scene ever

Just watch the scene above and tell me thats not the greatest fight scene ever. (even though daredevils hallway scene is awesome to)

Lunar15

First three posts in this thread (including the OP) are correct. They're all the best, given the situation I'm in. Mad Max: Fury Road definitely in that list.

OP: Go watch The Raid 2. Lots of fun to be had.

Either Raiders of the Lost Ark, Die Hard or Aliens.

As for The Raid, not my type of thing. I get bored with constant fighting.

Zabka

I love the Raid but instead of building towards the finale it felt like it dragged at the end.

Aliens is my favorite. Either cut.

Just watch the scene above and tell me thats not the greatest fight scene ever. (even though daredevils hallway scene is awesome to)

No, the best fight scene ever is jackie chan getting drugged up on opium at the end of The Young Master to beat Kam lol.

Or getting beat up by Yuen Biao and a bench earlier in the same film

kris.

Banned
let's be honest, it's very clearly Die Hard.

also, OP, that isn't even the best fight in the series. watch the sequel ASAP.

TheXbox

Aliens > T2 > Raiders > Die Hard

I don't where Fury Road goes, but it's somewhere. I need to sit on it for about a decade before I make up my mind.

HoJu

definitely not Die Hard because of the dumb cops who are beyond incompetent and the middle bit is a bit of a slog. best villain and hero though.
i'd say it's between Aliens, Mad Max Fury Road, and Terminator.

It's Hard Boiled. Then Project A. Then Drunken Master. Then Zatoichi and the Chest of Gold. Then Police Story. Then Drunken Master 2. Then Eight Diagram Pole Fighter

And the best fight scene is, naturally, Jackie vs Benny Urquidez in Wheels on Meals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom