• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best Mega Man game on the GBA?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Alright GAF in your opinion what would you say is the best GBA Mega Man title? You have a lot of games to choose from.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
MMBN series - MMBN3 or MMBN6

Zero - Zero 2 and 3

MM&B is alright but the resolution and music quality are mediocre compared to SNES version.

Battle Net-

Battle Network 3

It's Battle Network 3. Best post-game content of any Mega Man game.

4XRoCqZ.gif

The only correct answer

Zero 2 or 3, with 3 slightly edging out 2. 2 is still great, though.

Interesting to see Battle Network 3 get so much hype. Makes me want to seek it out and see what all the hubbub is about.

Brakke

Banned
Always delighted to see Battle Network get respect.

The correct answer is probably 3 but I was always partial to those turn-based tactics kinda bit from 5.

CazTGG

Mega Man Zero 2. It's a brutal, if incredibly polished follow-up to what was already a standout Mega Man title. It also has one of the few soundtracks on the GameBoy Advance that don't sound terrible when listening to it today, an honor it shares with Bionicle Heroes and the Fire Emblem titles.

Anyone who says it's a Battle Network game is lying to you.

WarRock

Zero 3 or Battle Network 6. Can't go wrong with either series though, except for BN1.

It also has one of the few soundtracks on the GameBoy Advance that don't sound terrible when listening to it today, an honor it shares with Bionicle Heroes and the Fire Emblem titles.
What am I reading

wwm0nkey

Zero 2 or 3, with 3 slightly edging out 2. 2 is still great, though.

Interesting to see Battle Network 3 get so much hype. Makes me want to seek it out and see what all the hubbub is about.

imo its a damn near "perfect" game. They made a pretty great battle system in 1 and the story was alright, 2 was pretty good for a continuation of 1 and then 3 basically perfects the battle system, makes the story super good, has an insane post game and overall just did a lot to make the whole series better. 4 & 5 were no good really but 6 almost hit BN3 levels, it got pretty close and it had a very good ending for the series.

imo its a damn near "perfect" game. They made a pretty great battle system in 1 and the story was alright, 2 was pretty good for a continuation of 1 and then 3 basically perfects the battle system, makes the story super good, has an insane post game and overall just did a lot to make the whole series better. 4 & 5 were no good really but 6 almost hit BN3 levels, it got pretty close and it had a very good ending for the series.

I see there are two versions for 3. Are there any major differences?

I'll always love Battle Network 2 most because it was my first one, but 3 was really good. Those games were some of my favorites on the GBA period.

RockmanBN

I see there are two versions for 3. Are there any major differences?

There's some rweaks like stated before. Though the largest differece is that each version has its own set of 5 "Giga" class cards. One of those cards lets you reser your entire deck to reuse and can be a godsend when doing postgame.

It's Battle Network 3. Best post-game content of any Mega Man game.
Eh, really? With mandatory trading to complete the single-player, it's a big flaw you can't do everything on your own. And the version differences are insignificant. Library bloat is another thing...
Though unpopular, Battle Network 4 really has the most rewarding multiplayer. Aside from more obvious differences, being able to fight all bosses exclusive to both versions make the games feel more complete.

Uhh well do you like platformers or RPGs? The two series (Zero and Battle Network) aren't very comparable.

As for the 4 Zero games, they're all pretty similar. 2 and 3 are generally considered the best, since 2 has the best level design while 3 is the most polished and has the most fun equipment system. However, 1 is actually my personal favorite, since I like the bosses more and that's the core of the game. 1's final boss is still my favorite final boss in a video game -- really fun fight.

Siege.exe

Battle Network 3. I usually go with White because I like ground style more than shadow style, but Blue has an additional NPC/Navi and the exclusive giga chips are better.

WarRock

Eh, really? With mandatory trading to complete the single-player, it's a big flaw you can't do everything on your own. And the version differences are insignificant. Library bloat is another thing...
Though unpopular, Battle Network 4 really has the most rewarding multiplayer. Aside from more obvious differences, being able to fight all bosses exclusive to both versions make the games feel more complete.

Battle Network 3 is the Megaman 2 of the BN series. Everybody sings higher praises than the game deserves since it's damn good but most people haven't played recently. That and a lot of people stopped playing after 3 or 4 and go off others opinions on 4-5.

Stopdoor

Well, not Mega Man & Bass. It's just not fun to play, the level design is infuriating to a level that goes beyond regular Mega Man challenge. Probably because I didn't play as Bass, it's poorly balanced.

Siege.exe

Battle Network 3 is the Megaman 2 of the BN series. Everybody sings higher praises than the game deserves since it's damn good but most people haven't played recently. That and a lot of people stopped playing after 3 or 4 and go off others opinions on 4-5.

I played through 3 again about 6 months ago, 5 a few months before that, and both 2 and 6 about a year ago, 3's still the best one imo.

Top Bottom