• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the first album you ever bought? (Or other embarrassing music purchases)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrillus

So let's post them! Here's mine:

220px-FushYuMang.jpg
Smash Mouth's Fush Yu Mang
The obvious single is Walkin' on the Sun but it had a couple other tracks I like, such as Flo and Padrino.

That's right GAF, come at me!
with your own first albums

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
tumblr_m6lsdoxxuG1qizzkoo1_500.jpg

cant be embarrassed, that shit is still hot. entire album still in my daily rotation.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
51k-thnp7rl_ss500_.jpg

I am not embarrassed.

Still have it around. I had one of those recorders from Home Alone that I put it in at one point, so there's like 15 seconds of me talking in the middle of Speed Demon.

03K6f.jpg

zerotol

Banned
If we're talking vinyl records, the first one I can recall buying when i was a kid was this

hgryk.jpg

I still have it somewhere.

The first music album I remember buying was a 7 Seconds record in the 80's. Not embarressed about either of those

illadelph

Just about every album posted so far is actually quality. Not sure if everyone is lying or GAF is really just cool as shit

Ra\/en

Just about every album posted so far is actually quality. Not sure if everyone is lying or GAF is really just cool as shit

The one I posted was the first CD I actually went out on my own and bought. I think some of the albums that were given to me before that were a bit worse.

Cyrillus

I hear ya, making me feel bad! I'm pretty impressed with everyone's selections so far, seems like everyone here missed out on the awkward music taste phase in their life. Or maybe GAF really is just that cool.

Steamlord

I dunno, Green Day is pretty awful. I had been a fan for years before buying American Idiot too, since my siblings introduced me to Dookie when I was really little. In my defense though, I think the second album I ever bought was Weezer's Blue Album, so I shaped up pretty quickly.

illadelph

I thought American Idiot was solid, but then again I like everything. It was received very well both critically and commercially when it came out though.

First cassette, I was 8.
weird-al-in-3-d.jpg

First Album, I was 10.
Bon+Jovi+Slippery+When+Wet.jpg

First CDs, I was 15 and bought 4 at once to go with my brand new CD player which was a new format then.
beck.jpg

b11e4fba.jpeg

Pearl_Jam-Ten-Frontal.jpeg

nirvana-nevermind-album-cover.jpeg

Interestingly, I bought Rage Against the Machine's first album and eventually traded it to a friend for his Radiohead's Pablo Honey. Later we both ended up buying back the CDs we traded and ended up loving each band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom