• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the first album you ever bought? (Or other embarrassing music purchases)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

hYYmz.jpg

The first album I ever had was No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom (on cassette tape).

Could have done worse I guess.

First one I ever bought with my own money was the Backstreet Boys album.

Yeah...

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The very first CD I remember buying was this:

jxjp1.jpg

I watched that movie about a million times when I was a kid.

I'm sure I had a bunch of shit when I was under the age of reason, but the first album I went and bought myself was. (After first listening to my mum's Nevermind)

the-offspring-americana-372850-1.gif

No regrets.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The first album I bought with my own money? I think it was this.

jurassic_park.jpg

I don't really know why though, I guess I was just caught up in the hype of the movie and thought the music would be fucking epic because fuck yeah dinosaurs. I didn't really expect an album of classical music, so I was bitterly disappointed when I got it. In hindsight, it's actually a really good score by John Williams.

ZzlgG.jpg

/hangs head in shame

Nothing to be ashamed of, it's a fine pop album, although I prefer the follow-up. The next two albums, however... At least The Golden Ratio was a return to form.

gabbo

First cd I ever bought. Didn't even own a cd player at the time, and used the cdrom drive in my family's computer to liten to it.
a5rQO.jpg

Pre

51eh-orV%2BoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bought it when I was 12 after my brother introduced me to the band. Still have the copy and it's probably my favorite Pearl Jam album (in a close contest with No Code).

Embarrassing music purchases? Well that also happens to be my one and only album purchase.
g8dU8.jpg

*sigh* Technically I bought it for someone else but it was a much necessary introduction to music for me since I was already several years behind everyone else.

one time I made my dad take me to walmart to get pokemon cards. turns out they were out of pokemon cards, so I made him buy me the soundtrack to the pokemon movie, which included a limited edition pokemon card.

I'm pretty sure I put the CD in on the way home. he never looked at me the same way again.

EDIT god DAMNIT I didn't even see the post before mine. we all deserve each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom