• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the greatest television series of all time?

What's the greatest television series of all time?

• Breaking Bad

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • The Sopranos

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • The Wire

Votes: 22 13.4%
  • Better Call Saul

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Succession

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Mad Men

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Other (share)

Votes: 66 40.2%

• Total voters

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
QaWUuOo.jpg

Aesius

All due respect, but those other shows got no fuckin' idea what it's like to be numbah one. Every episode you make affects every facet of other every other fuckin' show that comes after. It's too much to deal with almost. And in the end, you're completely alone at the top of the greatest TV series of all time lists.

E-Cat

The O.C.
Black Mirror
Rick and Morty
Seinfeld
Frasier
The Simpsons (S1-10)
Futurama

Not "the best", I know. But I really like those. For the poll, I picked BB.

near

Gold Member
I don't think there is a 'greatest', there is just great television. In recent history, Breaking Bad and Severance are two exemplars. I think what make's a series great -at least for me- is being able to sit through the complete series more than once. So off the top of my head these are ones that come to mind:

Murder She Wrote
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Firefly
Band of Brothers
Columbo
The Pacific
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Fringe

Guilty pleasure:

Felicity

Rival

Gold Member
When all is said and done it might be The Bear for me. That show is amazing. Season 2 Christmas episode was so good my girlfriend and I sat in silence for about five minutes after it was over.

My current all time top 3 are Six Feet Under, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad (BCS is 3a, The Shield is 3b)

I’ve rewatched all of them multiple times and I still couldn’t tell you which one is the best.

I think it’s Sopranos but that had some inconsistencies especially from season 5 until the end. But that cast and those characters are so stellar and even though the pilot is almost 25 years old at this point there is very little that feels dated to me if you look past the primitive cell phones and pay phones.

Breaking Bad morphs into something that makes you feel so much emotion as you watch the characters destroy their lives and nothing is better than the last few episodes. Breathtaking even on rewatch.

Six Feet Under is not mentioned as much among the goats and I get that it’s not for everyone but I loved that show.

Some people will probably invalidate all of my opinions but I never finished The Wire. Didn’t care for it that much.

Short Series
- Band of Brothers
- The Pacific
- Chernobyl
- True Detective (S1)
Complete Series
- Breaking Bad
- The Sopranos
- Mr. Robot
- Seinfeld
- The Wire

I haven’t seen every tv show that other people have listed but I feel like these bring great quality from beginning to end. The X-Files is one of my favs but it should have ended after 6-7 seasons. If it concluded well I would easily put it up there near the top.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
For me it's between Mad Men and Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad is the most re-watchable show of all time for me. Just get a kick out of so many characters.

Mad Men is a much more serious show, an amazing period piece, covers decades of social development and is overall more interesting.. but I've only re-watched it once and not sure I plan on it any time soon whereas I randomly throw S1E1 of Breaking Bad on during workouts all the time.

Muffdraul

Going by the choices offered on the poll, I can't really choose between Mad Men and Breaking Bad. I loved them both from beginning to end and never thought either one jumped the shark at any point.

I tried to get into The Wire, no doubt it's a fantastic show, but... I guess there was no way it could live up to the hype after so many people shoving "omg best show of all time!" up my ass for so long.

Top Bottom