• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's with this new trend of buttoning the top button on shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

images

Thought we were talkin about only the top button done up. That's been around forever
in the hood

Ironed jeans aren't enough. They need to be heavily starched, too.

casmith07

Classic styles never go out of style like trends.

This trend will go away the instant some guy walks down a runway with a "new look for spring" with an open collar in Cannes or Paris or something.

Again, classics always win. The only time your top button should be buttoned as a male is when you're either

a) wearing a suit and tie
b) camping or doing something outdoors to prevent insect bites

Ra\/en

I don't care if people want to do that, but it does make them look like they are a 10 year old boy who's mom dressed them. Know what I mean?

ramyeon

It looks fine, in fact often better with some shirts. But at the end of the day no one is forcing you to do it and there are far more offensive fashion trends out there.

Flo_Evans

My neck is way to thick for this shit. Yes I get my button up shirts measured. The asshole always seems to think you should stretch the tape to choke point then subtract an inch because they don't have any shirts in stock in my size.

I've even considered going full v-neck for all my t's. crew neck can suck it I need to breathe dammit.

If this is really a trend, then I doubt it will last long.

The simple truth is that guys who button their shirts all the way up are likely uptight virgins and have a good chance to be pathetic forever aloners. Women generally prefer men who give off a relaxed, cool vibe.

Ra\/en

The simple truth is that guys who button their shirts all the way up are likely uptight virgins and have a good chance to be pathetic forever aloners. Women generally prefer men who give off a relaxed, cool vibe.

notsureifserious.jpg

Boken

Banned

holy shit

you have a lot of feelings dont you

Supremely stupid, and will be gone in another two years. Eventually commentators on VH1's "I Love the 10's" will do a segment on it, right between Gotye and Carley Rae Jepsen.

Jaffaboy

What the hell is wrong with you people? You're a hipster if you use buttons now?

Some of my shirts look better with the top button undone. Others that have a small collar look better done up. Either way I'm tucking my shirt in.

NoTacos

Isn't that the way shirt makers intend for their shirts to be worn? Otherwise it would be a waste of thread and buttons.

nullref

Fashion is often about finding ways to violate convention, creating visual interest. The fact that it looks weird to you is the point, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom