• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's with this new trend of buttoning the top button on shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, zoot suits were never a classic style.
zoot suits aren't sack suits and you didn't answer my question. I assume then you wear pleats because flatfronts are a modern trend. and a fedora.

(point is that 'classic style' is a moving target)

if it wasn't perceived as some smug hipster thing, i'd always button all the way up, because i genuinely like how it feels. i guess i like to be choked or something.

fucking hipsters ruining everything. i already have to be self-conscious about my beard which i've had for like a decade straight. i can't wait for beards to go out of fashion again, so i can avoid all the "look at that hipster beard.." stares.
not sure what's worse, thinking beards are 'hipster', thinking hipsters ruin 'everything', or being self-conscious about a beard because of 'hipsters'. maybe you're more of a hipster than you realize.

EVOL 100%

I tried but I just can't breath.

image.php

But seriously though, you people should get shirts with properly fitted collars. That shit isn't normal.

not sure what's worse, thinking beards are 'hipster', thinking hipsters ruin 'everything', or being self-conscious about a beard because of 'hipsters'. maybe you're more of a hipster than you realize.

nah, it's just hard to be unaware of such things, people react to things you know. and i can't possibly be a hipster! that would be devastating.

Carnby

I have alway buttoned all the way up. My wife insists that's not cool looking. But now I can brag that I am a trailblazer and the general population is finally catching up with me! I am the trend setter!

Today I saw a hipster and he was breathing air. Fucking hipster ruined breathing for me so I've been holding my breath for the last hour. I should be dead by now.

At least I think he was a hipster.

subrock

This "hipster" thing that everyone loves to identify sure makes a lot of you uncomfortable doesn't it? This look is pretty common in my city. Its just a different way of wearing shirts to give them a new look. Don't hate.

My head is too large to pull off this look, I always have the top button undone at the minimum. I don't begrudge those who wear these types of shirts, but I think you have to be quite thin/slender to make it work.

Not sure I can pull it off

Why did you bump this thread

A better thread would be about those upper-arm buttons with the strap for rolling up sleeves. I tried those out once, someone said I dressed "white." The worst thing anyone's ever said to me, never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom