• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's wrong with my Firefox and IE? Can't watch videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

This seems to be a problem in both browsers, so the problem's obviously somewhere in my computer.

I was at Gamespot, trying to load some videos, and each time I do, it gives me an error and closes the browser, no matter which one I'm using. I tried this on other sites that pop up windows to display videos (They used to work fine even when the pop up blocker was on) and I get the same result.

What might be the problem?

firefoxerror4tf.jpg

mattx5

Here's another pic -

firefoxerror21jl.jpg

I'll try reinstalling everything I guess.... But why would I get the same problem in IE as well? There must be a deeper problem?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
update firefox while you're at it

edit: actually, it could be your video card. can you get vids to play fine independent from a browser?

mattx5

I'll try that now.

I should mention that I'm able to play stuff like Quicktime videos fine, as well as play all my games fine.

Edit - No problems found, I tested the DirectDraw, worked fine. I'm going to try reinstalling Windows Media Player.

mattx5

I reinstalled Windows Media Player, and I CANNOT play windows media files independantly in the player either.

So I can play games, watch QT vids, watch MPEG vids, listen to music, but I cannot watch windows media files...

This is the error I got this time -

windowsmediaerror1ir.jpg

Edit -

I can play WMV files in a different player (ie. Winamp), but I can't play them in Windows Media Player.

Kazuya

mattx5 said:
This seems to be a problem in both browsers, so the problem's obviously somewhere in my computer.

I was at Gamespot, trying to load some videos, and each time I do, it gives me an error and closes the browser, no matter which one I'm using. I tried this on other sites that pop up windows to display videos (They used to work fine even when the pop up blocker was on) and I get the same result.

What might be the problem?

firefoxerror4tf.jpg
I've got the exact same problem ! But if it's a direct link to a video it works fine, it just launches Media Player Classic. It's annoying but I can live with it, I'll just reinstall Windows some day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom