• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Favorite Donut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
IVi5G.png

I like them okay, but God are they messy.

I try to remember to grab a paper plate or something. Always make a mess of myself w/ powdered sugar donuts because every pair of pants I own is black.

Can't wait until summer's over and the powdered sugar donuts become good again. During the heat wave two months ago it was the worst. Every box of donuts just looked like a little greenhouse full of sadness since all the powdered sugar was steamed into a paste by the moisture held in the donut. Just a sad, sad sight.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
MAPLE FROSTED IS THE BASE OF ALL GODLIKE DONUTS.

I like chocolate or toppings or whatever just fine. But Maple has to be in there.

Unless we're talking about a Dunkin Donuts Butternut. Which I would punch someone to have right now.

I love the lemon cream filled ones :D

Oh shit yes! When I was a kid, that was my ultimate donut. People would ask what I wanted and I would tell them and they would kind of give me a weird look. Then I would get it and I would bite off the end and then I would dig my finger in and then lick off all the YUM TASTY LEMON GOODNESS and people would be like "right."

Rootbeer

Banned
I make a point of trying as many donuts from as many donut shops as I come across. There are some great ones here in the bay, like Dynamo and the more classic Bob's, but time and time again I keep coming back to Krispy Kreme.

To me they have the perfect formula. I love every single one of their donuts, their coffee is serviceable (a compliment for a donut shop from a coffee snob like me), they are affordable and damn near everywhere. Well except berkeley and downtown SF... sigh.

Now, I am saying this having never tried Tim Hortons or Dunkin, two really popular chains that I just never happened to live near or travel near :( But I look forward to comparing someday.

I keep a lot of donut shops on my Yelp to-do bookmark list. This weekend I intend to try King Ping Donuts, I'm reading that it's really popular around campus.

squidyj

All donuts are good donuts, but mini donuts with the nutmeg flavor and the cinnamon sugar dusting, those are the best.

After that probably a boston cream

I love the apple cider donuts that most apple orchards in New York sell. They make them on a machine right in front of you and hand dip them in cinnamon sugar. Sooooooo good!

snacknuts

we all knew her
When I was living in Tennessee, there was an Amish family that came to the farmer's market every Saturday and made fresh yeast donuts. They were warm and gooey and fluffy and amazing. One of the few things I miss about living there.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
While I can be snobby about other sweets, my taste in donuts is simple: Dunkin Donuts Boston Creme.

kunonabi

cake or cinnamon for me. I'm a dunkin donuts man although I love hole in the wall places too. I can't stand krispy kreme though. Might as well just just drink a cup of sugar.

jerry1594

220px-Jdilla_donuts_altLPcover.jpg

Food for the stomach answer is regular glazed doughnuts. I don't buy them enough to form a preference for any specific brand or bakery or whatever, but glazed doughnuts are the bees knees.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Tim Hortons Vanilla Dip. been eating them since i was like 5 years old and grew up always ordering them, it's a nostalgia thing for me. always get them when i go back to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom