• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite egg dishes to cook or eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natetan

Eggs Benedict

Love love yakitori donburi when you piece the egg and the yolk runs on the rice. Nom

Also sun du bu when it cooks in the spicy soup

Pavlova is great but if that counts then I add chocolate mousse too

Speely

Banned
I like to dump some cheap, canned corned beef hash into a nice hot frying pan and get it browning up. When it's getting close to done, I crack a couple eggs into it and wait till the egg gets milky enough to be considered "done," then slide it all off onto a plate for a delicious, super-cheap breakfast treat that takes like 6 minutes.

Sorry, OP, I am not much of a cook. :/

Skyr

scrambled eggs with honey

I usually eat it for breakfast. I use 3 whole eggs and 7 additional eggwhites.
The combination is amazing I reccomend it to everyone who likes sweet stuff for breakfast.

carbonara.jpg

Pasta alla carbonara.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
On workdays, I breakfast with an omelette; two eggs, some milk, pepper, salt, currypowder, and some paprika. Melt some Gouda cheese on top before flipping it over and bake that cheese. Put it on toast with ham.

Weekends I get a little more creative, add bacon, carrots, a bit of leek and springonion, to the mix.

FOr a hangover I fry some onions, some mushrooms, add a red bellpepper, the flesh of 4 tomatoes and some salami, cook untill the fat from the salami starts to melt, add eggs over the mixture, keep on a simmer untill eggwhite is solid. Serve with toast, season it with some fresh parsely and coriander and a good fresh cup of green tea and wave your hangover goodbye.

Apt101

In order from most favorite to least:

Huevos rancheros, traditional Mexican style with corn tortilla and sides of refried beans and rice.

Egg salad sandwich, seasoned properly with a bit of relish (just a sprinkle), with tomato on toasted sourdough. I used to make this every day for breakfast for years.

Egg foo young. Mmmm, all greasy and shit with lots of veggies and drowned in gravy, over steamed white rice. One of the best hangover meals.

Sunnyside up, with the yolk still runny, over toast with a side of hash browns and corned beef hash.

Scrambled or in an omelette.

Boiled, seasoned with salt and pepper, eat it just like that. Growing up poor that was lunch many times. Just a few boiled eggs.

---

That said, never have been big a fan eggs Benedict, or any other similar dishes.

I'm a simple man so a ham, bacon and cheese omelette is the top egg dish for me.

A very close second is Shrimp Egg foo young.

Morat

Banned
Spanish omelette [potato and onion], closely followed b Mexican huevos revueltos, with chipotle, onions and tomatoes.

Spanish Tortilla is really amazing.

I don't think anything beats the quick and easy scrambled eggs breakfast though. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, toast. substitute toast for pancakes or biscuits and gravy. Best meal ever.

Recreat3

I like a nice toasted sour dough with avocado, little bit of feta and chilli and a fried runny egg on top. If i was better at poaching eggs if probably do that.

A savoury Bread & Butter pudding is a really easy staple that I've become really fond of lately. You can make it with any veg, I've used tomatoes, corgette, leeks - all delicious.

I like coddled (baked) eggs, made with cream, yogurt, creme fraiche, milk - whatever you have to hand, 12 mins in the oven and some crusty bread, delicious. I love eggs, quick to cook, versatile, delicious.

[boots]

gaeranjim.jpg

Steamed Egg:

Basically mixing 3 eggs with a cup of water adding a spoonful of tiny shrimp (krill) into a bowl with a little soy sauce, sesame seed oil, green onion and shredded carrot and placing it into a boiling pot (not submerged) for 10 mins. Eat with rice.

It's uh...very Asian-ey tasting so I'm not sure how Westerners that aren't accustomed to ethnic cuisine might react to it.

small breakfast plate at Ikea - $1 gets you delicious eggs, sausage, and potatoes and coffee is free. Toss on some hot sauce and I could eat it every day honestly. I cook eggs at home but I never quite get the same texture as the Ikea ones.

YA91h68.jpg

You might not be using enough horse meat.

I'm so sorry, I couldn't resist.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
simple scrambled eggs with your choice of meats and cheese and veggies, with butter and sour cream

eggs benedict

egg sandwich with sunny side egg, bacon and cheese toasted on a croissant

fritta is good too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom