• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite looking Sega console/handheld?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm surprised anyone prefers the white Saturn to the grey Saturn.

The Dreamcast is the best looking SEGA console, followed by the grey Saturn. The Genesis is just the best SEGA console.

OBias

It is nice but I always preferred the Saturn

QBSFLPx.gif

All pale to the GameCubes quirky little one but that's beside the point

Reminds me of the Sierra Studios logo, the one I used to see every time I launched Half-Life or Counter-Strike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4dZtgDBDrs

Dreamcast is one of the best looking consoles of all time so it takes this easliy.

Genesis model 1 and model 2 were also amazing looking especially in the context of the time they were released.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Can't beat the Genesis tower of power.

I love the original master system too. Those long lines on the console.

A friend when I was a kid had a laser disc player that could play Genesis games, can't remember what it was called tho. It was monstrous.

flattie

Dreamcast. Best looking Sega console. Best looking console. Sega nailed the console industrial design so hard.

640px-Pioneer-LaserActive-Set-FL.jpg

Mega-LD pack for the Pioneer LaserActive player. Looks like 90s top of the line AV component cause it was. And also that computer that played Genesis games.

Kneefoil

Saturn (they all look almost the same) > Dreamcast > Sega Mark III > Master System > the rest in some order.

I've never liked Nomad's weird slanted design much.

kunonabi

1. The Wondermega

2. Dreamcast(I'm partial to the pearl blue model)

3. Grey Sega Saturn

Mark III would be 4th.

The ultimate Megazord, of course (not my image)
DCP_0006.JPG

A model 1 Genesis that is too long and sexy for the model 2 Sega CD that it has an optional plastic spacer to compensate. Accept no substitutes when you want your Megazord to occupy as much space as possible

I adore the look of the Japanese Saturn, but I'm going to have to give the nod to the Blade Runner VCR that is the Master System.

DPB

I really like that blue Dreamcast, I wish more colours had been available outside of Japan, especially as my white one has turned an unpleasant beige hue from exposure to sunlight.

The Mark III is great too, it'd fit straight into a 70s sci-fi film.

Sega Dreamcast has been my favorite console design of all time. My number 2 fav being the Gamecube.

Other than those two, consoles tend to all look meh to me.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Dreamcast for me

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I had a Saturn and Genesis so I may be biased towards those 2 (had a Master System too)

My pick is Saturn.

For when it came out, the Mark III is pretty sexy.

I was always impressed with the CDX. Friend of mine had one, but I think he lost it in a move or it broke.

Top Bottom