• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite Pokemon type?

Kenai

For starters, I usually pick either Water or Grass. No fire type starter could replace Growlithe or Houndour for me, and Blastoise. Feraligatr and Serperior are some of my favorite Pokemon designs.

Overall...hard to say. I like a lot of Dark and Dragon and Ghost types, but none as much as Arcanine or Houndoom or Mega Camerupt. Probably Dark since it's so under-appreciated (although if they ever give Arcanine a Mega forme with Dragon-typing i think i'll be a Dragon guy forever after)

Jims

Electric. I really like the sharp, angular designs of a lot of them, and they're usually pretty fast and hard-hitting.

I have a bad habit of only building teams full of hard-hitting sweepers when I play through the games (which is why I don't play competitively), so I'm usually drawn to stuff like Electric, Fire, Fighting, and Ground. I used to hate the Ground-types, but the Black/White generation introduced a lot of cool Ground-type mixes that were fun to mess around with.

That yellow and black thing is really a Steel type OP? It doesn't look anything like a Steel type. Same goes for Lucario and Jirachi.

Bug, c'mon! I've always loved the type from day one.

As Koga put it:

#TeamPoison

Runner up is Grass. Gogoat is GOAT.

tumblr_mtr84nLkaV1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

I didn't know their were fans of the two worst types in Pokemon.

Mine would definitely be Ghosts and Psychics. Ghosts have positive strengths as their invunerable to all physical attacks and they don't have many weaknesses. I think there weaknesses are only themselves and Dark Pokemon. Combine with a Dark Pokemon and you have a Pokemon with no weaknesses.

SoulUnison

Banned
Whenever people ask me this I always answer "electric" without even thinking, but I don't usually use that many electric 'Mons...

I think, thematically, Electric is my favorite type.
But, functionally, as in, what I most often use in my party, it's probably Fire.

cluto

I didn't know their were fans of the two worst types in Pokemon.

Mine would definitely be Ghosts and Psychics. Ghosts have positive strengths as their invunerable to all physical attacks and they don't have many weaknesses. I think there weaknesses are only themselves and Dark Pokemon. Combine with a Dark Pokemon and you have a Pokemon with no weaknesses.

Maybe people value more than just type effectiveness.

-Ryn

Banned
Probably fire or electric because they coo'

There was never more than on of a single type in my teams so it's hard to say I have a favorite lol

Brakke

Banned
Poison for real. Muk my fave. Too bad it doesn't have a lot of Super Effective victims, that's aight though there's lots of cool poison dual-types. Plus Muk don't give a shit about Super Effective he'll just wait you out.

Secret silver medal awarded to Flying. Birds are cool.

gaiages

Banned
Ice, for sure. I lot of my favorite Pokemon designs are Ice types.

Second place is Flying, and the type I always have one of in my party, for every Pokemon game.

WarAdept

Until you eat a Moonblast to the face.

Even though Arcanine and Nidoking have been my favorite monsters since forever, I've only really started to appreciate Fire and Poison lately (namely because of their interaction with Fairy type).

I always loved Fighting as an attacking type since it hits a bunch of stuff super effectively and stuff like Hi Jump Kick hits hard as fuck.

I also like Electric, Steel and Fairy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Water, Psychic, Dragon.

Sterok

Flying. Always useful, extremely adaptable, and have such a huge variety between all of them. Aerodactyl is the greatest, and that's backed up by greats like Charizard, Gyarados, Crobat, Gliscor, Honchkrow, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Sigilyph, and Hawlucha.

Ghost comes in second. Very eerie. Sableye is the best of these, but Spritomb, Chandelure, and Aegislash deserve mentions too.

electric type (Jolteon, Mega Ampharos), followed by water (Greninja, Starmie, Kyogre) or fire (Blaziken, Talonflame, Volcarona, Fennekin)

fuck Pikachu tho

Fbh

Ghost.

Mostly because of these guys:

Still my favorite set of pokemon since gen 1.

Then I'd say Water.
Other than gen 1 and 3 I've allways gone with Water Type starters. I specially love Golduck and Suicune.

Growlie19

Fire wins because Arcanine and Growlithe. Second comes Dark with favorites being Absol, Scrafty, and Houndoom. And in third, Bug, with favorites being Heracross (not its mega, too ugly), Scizor, Armaldo, and Volcarona. Shout out to Electric and Steel, too!

Top Bottom