• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite scene in the Star Wars movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mvnsddRoWU1qgqlkco2_500.gif

No contest.

Luke going apeshit on Anakin in Return of the Jedi. It's the cumulative moment of the entire saga up to that point and the music is just immense. Revenge of the Sith also has some standout moments/sequences for me.

In ANH the whole elevator scene. First they won't let that imperial guy on with them, then the binders won't stay on Chewie's wrists, then the door opens behind them. Finally they're like "watch out, he's loose!" and hand Chewie a gun.

Eggbok

The scene where Anakin walks into the room and turns on his saber as the padawan walks from behind the chair. I know that sounds pretty fucked up but it's probably the best example in Star Wars that shows how twisted and evil Vader really is.

Apt101

Vader: "Obi Wan has taught you well.....but you're not a Jedi yet". Followed by an epic battle, ending with the most famous line of the series.

Tied with:

Leia: "I love you"
Han Solo: "I know"

And then Han Solo is carted off, etc.

The scene where Anakin walks into the room and turns on his saber as the padawan walks from behind the chair. I know that sounds pretty fucked up but it's probably the best example in Star Wars that shows how twisted and evil Vader really is.

Love it too but some hate it because of how fast something that huge happens.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Don't know if I can name just one.

Luke vs Vader in ESB was amazing. The final battle in space in ROTJ was amazing too.

I also loved the Darth Maul vs Qui Gon and Obi Wan fight in TPM.

That scene sucked because even though it's supposed to be an important event, it kind of gets glossed over, even when it gets made referenced to.

They didn't have to show them actually killing kids, but all we got as angry face Anakin and the kid saying "what are we going to do?".

They should of showed some bodies on the floor or at least a scream.

And I just watched it again, just now, and it really makes me hate Vader. Not fear him, but hate him. He has a terrible motivation. He's pathetic. I want to save my girl, so let me kill children and go on a roaring rampage of revenge. By the time of the original movies, he's an old guy decaying in a suit who's just really powerful with the force. He's a lapdog.

I'm not even talking personally as I hate him, but it kills the whole trying to redeem himself scene in Return of the Jedi. And it's kind of jarring with his portrayal in the clone wars tv series. From the movies he was always selfish and never a good person.

Also I really liked Order 66. I dig scenes where everyone is getting hunted down and it looks like there's no hope of winning.

Fjordson

Maybe Han going into carbonite in Empire. It was a good example of how Empire was kinda depressing at times (and thus, the most interesting SW film).

Han's "I know" reply to Leia telling him she loves him was perfect and I always got a kick out of Boba Fett's exchange with Vader.

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

"The Empire will compensate you, if he dies."

It's a small bit of dialogue, but it was bad ass. And effective at reminding you that Boba was just a bounty hunter and was out for himself.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like the scene when Luke meets Yoda. I always imagine R2 thinking 'this dude went crazy' while he's gibbering away and stealing Luke's stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom