• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your most comforting sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bowie

The beginning part to Bach's Cello Suite 1 in G major. For some reason, whenever I hear it, a wave of total tranquility just shoots over me.

Anyone else have comforting sounds?

olimario

Banned
THIS MAY SOUND ODD
But I sleep better if I'm in a house by a major street.
If you want to add comfort, give me the sound of a train a couple miles away.

Ever since I was a kid, I've always found the faraway drone of a small airplane high overhead on a quiet day to be very tranquil and relaxing.

Jim Bowie

olimario said:
THIS MAY SOUND ODD

Me too! It takes forever to sleep in silence, because then I pick out little things (a clock ticking, breathing, air conditioners) and I can't get to sleep.

Sonnarat: :ROCK:

Jotaro

Banned
The fans of my k1ck455 1337 PC, of course. And my Xbox with the Samsung DVD-Rom, the Philips was too loud. ;)

Seriously, I like the sound of my washing machine in the background, some kind of background noise like this is really comforting.

MIMIC

Banned
Somebody softly thumbing a comb. :lol

Every time I hear it, a shockwave of sensuous goose bumps travel throughout my body.

Am I weird or what? :D

Tarazet

Jotaro said:
The fans of my k1ck455 1337 PC, of course. And my Xbox with the Samsung DVD-Rom, the Philips was too loud. ;)

Seriously, I like the sound of my washing machine in the background, some kind of background noise like this is really comforting.

I have a fan which I always run when I'm trying to sleep, but the sympathetic vibrations with my electric piano's wood is starting to bug me, not to mention dull my hearing. Even though it has lost its relaxing power, though, it takes me twice as long to fall asleep without it. I should probably get a different fan, or find a better location for that one...

bjork

The second disc of the Sweet Robots Against the Machine cd with nothing but jungle noises.

I put that on, lights out.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
olimario said:
THIS MAY SOUND ODD
If you want to add comfort, give me the sound of a train a couple miles away.

Not weird at all, I feel a lot more comfortable going to sleep at night with the background hum of traffic, of the city. I feel very restless down the country where it's just utter silence.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I seem to fall asleep alot easier when the AC's on. My room's right next to the AC unit and that whoosing-noise has always comforted me. Rain and thunder, to me, sound especially relaxing. My ex insisted on having a fan on when she was trying to sleep and that one kind of grew on me as well. Any kind of wind-type noise I suppose. Sometimes I find having a TV on at a real low volume kind of relaxes me when I'm trying to take a nap, that or a little light classical music...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rain on the roof when waking up before I have to get up on a weekend, like waking up at 4 am and hearing it, it's like "Oh yeah, back to sweet sweet sleep"

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The sound of walking through dead leaves. I just find it soothing for some reason, and it reminds me of my favorite time of year (when it's nice out at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom