• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wheb Bloodborne Remaster Finally Comes Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you had to cancel your romantic plans with your girl....

P.S. Bluepoint pls hurry.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Angry GIF

The game only need a patch to remove CA, 60 frames and a better AA solution or a res bump, it is not that old.

Let bluepoint make something new please.
They're working on 2 new games brother. An original and a remake/remaster. They have more money now, people and overall support. Nothing wrong with making the studio do what they do best in addition to a new idea. I think honestly this is even a better outcome than expected.

Last edited:

pokel122

Neo Member
The game only need a patch to remove CA, 60 frames and a better AA solution or a res bump, it is not that old.

Let bluepoint make something new please.

I'm pretty sure the game was made on 30fps. When that is upgraded to 60 fps the game turns funky.
Saw some youtube video on a guy that did 60fps and some things just ran horribly on 60fps.

GymWolf

Gold Member
But bloodborne is not old enough for a remake.

Put them on a far older game if you really want remakes from them.

This sound almost as useless as tlou1 remake...

Bloodborne is gonna end on pc sooner or later, you just have to wait.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I agree that Bloodborne only really needs to get an fps boost, a frame pacing fix and a resolution fix. It still looks good enough as is.

I half agree with you and half do not and here is why.

This is the same argument that was made Demons Souls. Many believed it was not an old enough game for a remake and I agreed with many of them. However, after seeing what they did with Demons Souls I was awe struck.

Yes Bloodborne is a much better looking game than the original Demons Souls but runs a tad shitty (From Software is not the best at optimization) but if they can make Bloodborne look even better than Demon Souls i will just shit my pants.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I half agree with you and half do not and here is why.

This is the same argument that was made Demons Souls. Many believed it was not an old enough game for a remake and I agreed with many of them. However, after seeing what they did with Demons Souls I was awe struck.

Yes Bloodborne is a much better looking game than the original Demons Souls but runs a tad shitty (From Software is not the best at optimization) but if they can make Bloodborne look even better than Demon Souls i will just shit my pants.
It would be a collective pants shitting but i have faith that the game is gonna arrive on pc with a ps5 patch to fix framerate/res on console, sony has no reason to keep away a souls game that usually sells pretty well on pc, especially now that they have a dedicated studio for pc ports.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Imagine it came out again and it has another different framerate/pacing issue, imagine your eye twitching every time it happens as you gaze at the amazing environments:

Frustrated Over It GIF by VH1

Just not in the way you imagined you would explode.

I agree that Bloodborne only really needs to get an fps boost, a frame pacing fix and a resolution fix. It still looks good enough as is.
the visual design is great but i'd love to see improved textures cause they are muddy as heck. sharpen them up a bit and you're good.

the fps/pacing/resolution is really a non issue in that it's not necessarily the games fault but the hardware (PS4) being too weak. as a result, FromSoftware decided to cap it at 30fps 1080p. resolution isn't really the problem (Again, improved textures would help A LOT even at 1080p) but the 30fps cap is the biggest thing holding the game back!

the engine that FromSoftware use is notoriously shit at low framerates (<~40). you go play Sekiro/Dark Souls on PC at 60fps and it's glorious. yeah you might get a couple hitches here and there but 99% of the time it's rock solid "smooth as butter". but if you cap them at 30fps, no matter how much power you throw at them, then you get exactly what happened with Bloodborne on PS4 = instable framerate and ridiculous pacing issues.

so FromSoftware simply need to remove the 30fps cap in the game. put the PS4 version on PS5 and raise the cap to 60fps and boom....solid framerate and excellent pacing. the PS5 cpu (which is important for framerate/pacing) is more than powerful enough to run the game at 60fps even at 4K which is where the GPU will come in for any improved textured and higher resolution. bloodborne is a 6 year old game so i wouldn't worry about the PS5 gpu struggling to run it at 4K.

yurinka

They never said they are working on two projects, and they said they are working on original content.
So they are workig on a new game or a new dlc.

Caio

Bloodborne is gonna end on pc sooner or later, you just have to wait.
It should be a Launch Title for PS6, like Demon's Souls on PS5, otherwise it would look like a very good Remaster on PS5, and not a mindblowing Remake. Just my opinion.

Codes 208

Neither TLOUS remastered I guess, but here we are.
tbf TLoU wasnt playable on ps4 due to lack of BC to ps3 so a remaster made sense (not unlike all the nintendo wii u to switch ports weve been seeing)

Bloodborne could just get the ps5 upgrade patch and call it a day since its already available on the platform

though id still be there day 0, Bloodborne is my GotG

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just hope it just a simple remaster, I don’t want Bluepoint mess with Bloodborne ‘s art direction.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure the game was made on 30fps. When that is upgraded to 60 fps the game turns funky.
Saw some youtube video on a guy that did 60fps and some things just ran horribly on 60fps.
Yeah, they probably need to rewrite the animations, i didn't thought of that.

Still, far less work than a full fledged remake ala demons.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah. Removing Bloodborne art direction for some 'high end' graphics is not my cup of tea.
Exactly!!! I got in to FROM games not because of it "difficulty" but more for its enemy/boss designs and art direction, I don't want to lose that for sake of more "advance tech", to me that actual downgrade.

Fake

Exactly!!! I got in to FROM games not because of it "difficulty" but more for its enemy/boss designs and art direction, I don't want to lose that for sake of more "advance tech", to me that actual downgrade.

I just want a 60 fps Bloodborne (v-sync), maybe with a different AntiAliasing, an option to turn ON/OFF Chromatic Aberration, add a level of montion blur. Those things.

skneogaf

I wonder if Ray tracing could be added to bloodborne for the lighting and shadows as it only needs a 60fps patch, frame pacing and a resolution bump.

Imagine having a choice like in demon souls remake.

4k@60fps
4k@30fps ray tracing
1440p/1080p@60fps ray tracing

Coooooooool!

bitbydeath

Can't say. Sony is not more open about lot of stuff anymore.

I believe is quite possible. Cheap money grab.
ND are working on:
-TLOU2 Multiplayer
-Uncharted Remaster
-New AAA project

They’ve grown but I doubt they’d attempt four projects at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom