• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do you think PS5 PRO will be released?

HighPoly

Banned
December 2024, or at the beginning of 2025 ?
Why?
Will you buy this console?
What do you expect from hardware, graphics and games?

PS4 Pro launched in the fall. Makes a lot of sense for PS5 Pro to do the same.

That being said, they haven't done a PlayStation Experience since 2018. I think we're sufficiently beyond covid as an excuse for game delays now. There should be a PlayStation Experience next year.

Sometimes these are in August and sometimes they are in December.

I'd love to see the PS5 Pro announced in August, with a September release date. At present, we really don't have much to look forward to after FF7 Rebirth. I would expect PS5 sales to start dipping about relative to past years by April and Sony should be looking to pick those up.

Think we can expect every major 1st party game to be patched to do a merged fidelity/performance mode and then key 3rd party games: Hogwarts Legacy, Elden Ring, FF16, FF7 Rebirth, Resident Evil 4, Cyberpunk, GTA6.

Enhanced PSVR2 performance.

And what I think would be good price-wise is

PS5 Pro - $600
PS5 SE - $400
PS5 DE - $350

And maybe a wild card PS5 Pro DE for $550.

magnumpy

a 60 fps console is a no brainer. but will it sell in the current economic environment? well gamers seem to be buying Portal, so...

a 60 fps console is a no brainer. but will it sell in the current economic environment? well gamers seem to be buying Portal, so...

The pricing of the PS Portal and the Dual Sense Edge almost guarantees there is a strong market for a PS5 Pro. The only real questions is how expensive do they go and how much of an improvement will we see.

If they can drop the price of the PS5 Digital to 350, it'll put them in a really good position to sell significantly higher than the PS4. On the other hand maybe PS5 Pro launches for 700 or 750 and the PS5 Slim line stays the same price.

HighPoly

Banned
I always imagine a PRO console, as a console that runs the same FAT/Slim quality mode settings, but at 60fps and maybe on higher resolutions...

BUUUUT, consoles stills being consoles... I mean, PS5 PRO will also have it's own ''Quality/Resolution Mode''.
Like, running better graphics, higher resolutions and ray tracing at 30fps, as much as PS5 FAT/Slim...

Top Bottom