• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will you buy a Nintendo switch?

I would like to get in around launch bit with enough time to be sure that there are no hardware issues with the first console batches (battery, hinges breaking, screen dead pixels, etc.). If everything is ok then I'll probably buy one asap.

I would also need to have all the necessary information about their online services, UI, apps, store, etc. But I sure HOPE that Nintendo will explain all that in the coming weeks.

eizarus

Banned

I'll probably get one in a year or so if the games lineup interests me. Kind of did the same with the 3DS (picked it up last January) and only used it for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, FE Fates & Awakening.

Grey

xevis

Banned
Sounds like your jumping to conclusions a bit. What's so negative about "after more games are available" and "will wait for more games to be announced"?

They're both negative in the sense that they both serve to diminish enthusiasm for the console. They both say the Switch is not worth buying yet. Compare this with something where the outcome is positive like "as soon as I have enough money!". If a question begs a certain answer the survey results will be biased. OP survey is super partisan.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
At first I was going to wait until around when Splatoon 2 came out, but then that Best Buy Visa Checkout deal came up and I was thinking I'd get it day one because of how many games I preordered for it... but now I'm having second thoughts again. I'm so indecisive...

So I guess my answer is either 1 or 2, and gray.

Day 1 for me (unless bestbuy.ca cancels my order).

Wasn't expecting to (but was planning to buy it later in the year) buy the Switch on day one due to demand. But thanks to refreshing the page regularly Saturday night, it became available and I quickly pre-ordered...Just hoping it wasn't a Best Buy screwup and they will cancel my order.

EDIT: Neon blue/red joy-con console.

I mean it might not happen because it's Nintendo but I'm okay with waiting until a good sale. Right now , it's not any way worth $300 imo including all the accessories I will need for this thing just to have fun with my family so im okay to wait, get rid of my large backlog with my current systems while the switch library grows. After that, I will be more than happy to pick one up at that reduced price with whatever games would be out at that time.

Rynam

1, already preordered both colours, will cancel one of them before release but don't really know which one yet.

Xater

They're both negative in the sense that they both serve to diminish enthusiasm for the console. They both say the Switch is not worth buying yet. Compare this with something where the outcome is positive like "as soon as I have enough money!". If a question begs a certain answer the survey results will be biased. OP survey is super partisan.

You should get that persecution complex looked at.

2&3. I'm not paying for online so I'll wait until there's enough single player games that interest me and a price point thats around ~$200, then I'll bite

Maybe gray or whatever new version is out by the time i get it lol

Wiped89

Probably after a year, and pick it up when there's a good bundle. After being shafted on both 3DS and Wii U launches (which I don't regret as such, I played both consoles a ton and still own them), I don't fancy paying a launch price only to watch it fall within months once again.

Especially as, for both 3DS and Wii U, there were few games at launch. And I even ended up trading in the 3DS for the XL. That was after getting a launch DS and swapping for a Lite the gen before. Only so many times before you learn...

I like the grey one but I may get a neon and a second set of joy cons when I do pick one up.
I'm thinking Switch + 2nd joycon set + Mario Odyssey in about January 2018 for me.

oni-link

Depends on how robust the VC is and how they price things

I'll def pick it up when/if it drops to under £200 and long as there are at least 10 games I want to play on it

All of them will need to be offline as fuck paying for online

Also I'm really concerned Nintendo will pull a 3DS or how they do other handhelds and release a much improved version of the HW a year after launch

I'm tired of getting burned by Nintendo launch HW, especially when their launch lineups are ones I usually find lacking. And the switch is heading in the same direction

You can buy it and not pay for online multiplayer. Games like Zelda and mario don't need online. In fact Nintendo's whole ecosystem can basically be sampled offline with the exception of Splatoon 2.
And ARMS depending on how meaty the single player stuff is

Also Zelda isn't exclusive so the only real reason to get one right now is Mario

gaiages

Banned
2, because I have a backlog I really need to trim down anyway.

Color doesn't matter. Maybe they'll make a third color for the holidays :eek:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
a mix of 2/3/4. i'm a bit disappointed in the price of games which is £60! that's just ridiculous and if they stay at that price i will still buy games but i will be far less likely to impulse buy and take a chance on a game i'm not sure about. i will only be buying games i'm 110% confident i will enjoy. zelda/mario/pokemon are no brainers but i will do more research into games before buying them.

as for the console itself. if it gets a price drop by the time i get around to buying one then great but if i need to pay £280 then fine.

the number 1 thing that stopped me preordering is the lack of games that interest me. there's zelda + mario. so i might as well wait until mario comes out. maybe i'll wait for more games to be announced/release before picking a Switch up. if it had at least 3 games at launch that i was interested in (say zelda/mario/pokemon) and they all cost £60 then i'd drop the £460 without hesitation.

as for the model...i have no idea. kinda leaning towards standard grey but wouldn't mind the red/blue. it kinda looks cool i suppose.

Top Bottom