• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When you abuse the ref on Fifa when Kinect is listening...

Little stuff like this really adds to immersion.

I'd love to see a RPG game (looking at you Fable!) that really takes advantage of the various kinect readings and has the world respond to you accordingly.

If this was utilised over XBOX Live to stop irritating kids calling you the usual and giving them timeouts as such that would be brilliant. Yeh they can unplug the mic but it still solves the problem :)

Amazing.

But:

1) You should be able to turn that off; and
2) There should be no in-game consequences.

Actually there should be. If you are a that much of a baby to swear at a video game of all things then the game should give you a minor penalty
kick
to teach you some manners.

Just for clarity:

1. This was a feature in previous versions if you had the original Kinect hooked up
2. You can turn it off in the settings menu

Feorax

This also happened on FIFA 13 for 360.

Unfortunately, the kinect couldn't distinguish between my voice and the sound of the TV it was next too. It also couldn't distinguish between swearing and the commentary.

By the time I realised, I'd been dismissed.

Omega

Banned
I've always wanted this in an NBA 2K game. where if you say "fuck you ref" or something you get a technical

There's not even technical or flagrant fouls in the game..

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So they can identify profanity. Cool.

Wonder what happens if you're playing a game and you say "Al Qaeda" or "bomb"?

That will be funny and cool too.

black-helicopters.jpg

*bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do~

Feorax

Following on from my story, can anyone confirm if kinect can now identify swearing? Because in previous versions on Kinect 1.0, it just assumed any noise it picked up was profanity.

liquidtmd

Banned
LOL stop trying to make drama over this. Its a funny and cool feature. Makes the season mode seem more realistic.

I get your point but tell me its a stretch to envisage a point where further action than 'realistic virtual letters' (I.e. bans) start to happen through this application of Kinect tech. Or eavesdropping into your private conversations with a partner that pick up on keywords - like 'drink coke' to bombard you with ads for 'have you considered Pepsi'? or 'I'm going to shag you silly tonight' to prompt ' be safe, wear Durex' ads.

Because its not a stretch. At all.

Dear consumer,

Your temper seems to be getting the better of you in recent SkyDrive uploads. Please be aware that Because of your past Behavior you can't Xbox live Gold is required to use skype for XBOX ONE.. Please try and refrain from using such colorful language in the future and control your overly aggressive nature.

The Microsoft Board of Directors

Fixed
:)

RulkezX

This also happened on FIFA 13 for 360.

Unfortunately, the kinect couldn't distinguish between my voice and the sound of the TV it was next too. It also couldn't distinguish between swearing and the commentary.

By the time I realised, I'd been dismissed.

This.

I got sacked on 360 because it just picked up any loud ambient noise ( the TV or kids) and gave you the warning before sacking you and fucking up weeks of play.

joecanada

You can even justify silent protagonists now, since you simply read out the dialogue line to proceed as opposed to passively selecting it. YOU are the Courier/Dragonborn. Speaking of Dragon's Kinect's Shout implementation was the best thing ever.
Ahahaha! I can just see the tutorial now on how to do dragon shouts in skyrim while your neighbors cower in fear and bar the door

wow you can be fired from your job in the videogame

i'd love to see this in cod

Could this clean up the multiplayer? Could you goad the little shits into swearing so they get banned for like a day or two leaving only the sophisti..... ahahahah!
Sorry, there are no sophisticated people playing COD. Servers would be barren.

besada

Banned
You have to ask yourself, why the flying fuck would anyone want this? It's funny for the first few seconds then you realize it's been listening to you and possibly others the entire time...

The Kinect is always listening, otherwise it wouldn't work. As for the bizarre paranoia of being worried that a computer program is parsing your language, there's nothing to be done about that but visit a psychiatrist.

Jotaka

"Mr, you are benched"

For X games you out. If you want pay for the fine you can go back to the field.

Just pay 1500 credits for the fine

$1 = 100 credits

Why can't they do this in MP matches for games like COD. Kick out all those foul mouths.

The reason it works for FIFA - and would also fit in NBA, Madden, NHL etc - is because that kind of language and conduct is usually deemed unacceptable in such situations as a live sporting event.

Meanwhile, saying "FUCK" a lot in a battlefield is a bit weirder to punish. Also those are rated 18.

I want to play Monkey Island sword combats with Kinect.

A booklet full of recognized words would be given to you. Combine them into 3 word phrases which you would use to fight. Find the most damaging combination!
Scribblenauts for your voice!!

I imagine Suda 51 making a game that rewards you for swearing

Alexastor

Could this clean up the multiplayer? Could you goad the little shits into swearing so they get banned for like a day or two leaving only the sophisti..... ahahahah!
Sorry, there are no sophisticated people playing COD. Servers would be barren.

Nah, just match them together instead of putting them into the regular queue.

Top Bottom