• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where can I download DVDxCopy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
BURNNN! Oh, and hopefully you're asking for the trial version?

tedtropy

BruceWayne said:
DVDXcopy sucks monster balls.

Use dvdshrink(free, too) instead.

DVDShrink is great, only problem is it needs Nero (not freeware) to burn within the program. Optionally, you can have it dump the unencrypted files or ISO onto your hard drive and use some other, possibly freeware, burning software to make the disc. Only thing that sucks is that doesn't handle it all from within one program and interface.

border

AFAIK DVDshrink is a transcoder that reduces file size at a great loss to the picture....which is to say it sucks monster balls when compared to something that won't compromise quality (DVD X Copy).

ChrisReid

border said:
AFAIK DVDshrink is a transcoder that reduces file size at a great loss to the picture....which is to say it sucks monster balls when compared to something that won't compromise quality (DVD X Copy).

There are a bunch of easy settings you can play with for DVD Shrink. If you just want to make a 100% perfect copy and sit in on your hard drive that's fine. If you have a dual layer 8 gigabyte movie, and only single layer 4 gigabyte media, any program (DVD shrink or x-copy) is gonna have to cut corners to fit it on the disc. So no, there is no difference in quality as far as your comparison is concerned.

tedtropy

BigJonsson said:
Well I got DVDxCopy

And I have a dual layer burner, so I can make backups now right

Problem is dual-layer media is still pretty pricey right now.

tedtropy

BigJonsson said:
I guess

How many movies are actually dual layer anyway

Well, most movies these days are on dual-layer discs, but the typical movie with all the extraneous stuff (menus, commentary tracks, deleted scenes, etc) removed will generally fit on a single-layer DVD with little or no compression. Another option is to split the movie across two single-layer discs.

border

ChrisReid said:
If you have a dual layer 8 gigabyte movie, and only single layer 4 gigabyte media, any program (DVD shrink or x-copy) is gonna have to cut corners to fit it on the disc. So no, there is no difference in quality as far as your comparison is concerned.
No, DVD X Copy will split the movie across 2 single layer DVD-R discs.....seamlessly. All extras and audio tracks are kept. No transcoding or downsampling or removing features so that the film doesn't become a pixelly mess.

Friend

You can split movies using dvd shrink too without compromising video quality. It's probably not as convenient as in dvdxcopy but it works well enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom