• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do you place your Kinect, PS Eye, Sensor Bar?

Tabris

Let's talk about camera placement (360/Durango kinect, Wii U sensor bar, PS3/PS4 eye - especially PS4 as it's very horizontal). How do you currently handle it and how do you plan to handle it when you have all 3 next gen consoles? What kind of TV do you have? Is there a big difference between having it above or below the TV in your experience?

Also any recommendations on how to handle with my current TV placement and size (very thin LED) where it still looks clean but I'm able to use all next gen controls to its full??

B9un4.jpg

In the bin.

My Kinect sits on the shelf above my monitor, gives it a superior view of my room so it can pick me up better.

ascii42

I have a DLP TV. My sensor bar is at the top (but I should move it to the bottom, since it keeps falling down). Maybe I could just duct tape it to the TV like I did the PSEye.

Sensor bar is below TV. If I had a camera system, then I'd likely put it out of the way and only put up when playing on shelf above TV.

Tabris

Well I totally get the hate right now. I don't have either Kinect or PS Eye right now, but it will be an out of the box function with the next consoles. So we better get used to needing them.

There's no way I can have all three set up with my current TV. I've got my Wii Sensor bar taped to my kinect sensor, but my Wii isn't even hooked up anymore, so I'm not sure what the point of that is, but yeah, I wonder if MS will somehow find a way to actually incorporate it into the box as there were rumors saying they would.

The_Monk

When I had my Kinect I had it above my TV. My TV was also thin, maybe not as thin as yours but I manage to get it.

I used a plastic cellphone holder like this one:

qx7890Jl.jpg

I tried it by "accident" and just tried to flip it and sit there my Kinect and it worked very well. The best part was that I manage to keep a clean minimalistic look with it, something that you are also a fan of by the looks of your nice place. The piece of plastic was impossible to see and matched my TV color so it was all good. Also, the wires were hidden behing the TV which is a plus.

My PS Eye was just in front of the TV. I have none now, Kinect was just not for me, same as Move (I loved played RE5 with it to be honest) but I'll see if I can get a Move/PS Eye back for the PS4 or not.

If you ever find a good solution for the PS Eye in the future let us know since I'm always trying to have a clean look, fellow GAFfer.

Adamm

My Wii U senor sits below my TV on the TV stand

I hope the PSEye bar is too big (do we know dimensions yet?)

BadWolf

I use my computer monitor for gaming on the PS3 so not sure how I will set it up if it comes in the box with the PS4 (if its a separate accessory again then I don't think I'll bother getting it).

I don't have kinect or PSEye, but when I had a wall mounted TV I used, I'm not sure what it's called but it's a sticky gum like substance, to attach my sensor bar directly to the bottom of the TV. Actually looked pretty nice. Before I got that stuff, I just set the sensor bar on the top, but it didn't work well there gameplay wise.

Alx

Sensor bar on top of the TV. Kinect in front of the TV stand, on the cabinet.
If I ever get new sensors/cameras, I suppose I'll have them sit side by side, or if it's not possible (but it should) I'll move them around.
Having them at a higher position on the wall should be better, but I have a nice empty wall with a huge clock on it, I don't want to ruin it with toys and cables.

I hope the PSEye bar is too big (do we know dimensions yet?)

186mm x 27mm x 27mm

DJ_Lae

Sensor bar above, Kinect below. The eye is below as well, albeit on a different TV.

I'm happy to have my Wii back on my older HDTV, its scaler is better plus the bezel is thicker so the sensor bar doesn't try and fall off constantly.

Double D

In my kids playroom, their Kinect is above their TV. They have a 40" TV. In my office, I have it above the TV, I have a 47" TV.

My problem is getting this stuff working in my Living Room, where my 55" TV is at, and really where it makes the most sense to play Kinect games. When I remodeled, I ran a 50 foot HDMI cable from the back of that TV into a completely different room, which is where I keep all of the components that feed that TV. I totally should have run a USB cable, but didn't.

So now, if the nextbox must have a Kinect hooked up to work, I won't be able to hook anything up in that room. Not a huge deal, but if they really come through with the whole 'this will be a set-top box' thing, I'd like to use it in my living room.

Sorry I got a little off-topic, but part of my is hoping they'll have some magical wireless setup.

LAA

I need advice for this too being a new X1 owner.
Currently have a Wii sensor bar top center of my TV, then a PS4 camera clip which can keep the camera on top of the sensor bar.
Can kinect still work if it's on top of my TV on the left or right side?

Top Bottom