• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where, oh where, is the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller?

So still no shipping update from Best Buy and says its expected on Friday. Stuck in "preparing".

Not looking like it will come on launch. =/

Glass Joe

My local Walmart literally had one on the shelf this afternoon. Took it to checkout and the register prompted that it was time restricted (before the sales date). So for people worried that it won't hit retail in time, I had one in my hands today.

Schnozberry

I just got mine from Best Buy today and plugged it in to charge. People weren't joking about how comfortable it is. In my hands, at least, I feels better than the Xbox One Controller or Dualshock 4.

Glass Joe

I just got mine from Best Buy today and plugged it in to charge. People weren't joking about how comfortable it is. In my hands, at least, I feels better than the Xbox One Controller or Dualshock 4.

How's the d-pad feel? Somewhere I read it was too stiff, hoping that isn't true since it's our only d-pad option.

TI82

Banned
Got mine today too, thing is soooo comfortable. Have to configure it for games though. Connected to the PC to play a game, tried Borderlands and the controls are so random. Click right stick to shoot lol

TheFuzz

My local Walmart literally had one on the shelf this afternoon. Took it to checkout and the register prompted that it was time restricted (before the sales date). So for people worried that it won't hit retail in time, I had one in my hands today.

Just happened to me as well. They had a single one and told me I had to wait until midnight.

Coda

Hoping Best Buy has them when I pick up my Switch tonight. I have one pre-ordered through Amazon Japan still just in case. If I get one tonight I will just cancel that order.

Frostburn

I got my Pro Controller I ordered through Best Buy today via UPS. First impression is it is smaller than it looked in photos. The box itself is tiny and when I put it next to my PS4 controller it looks to be very similar in size and fits REALLY well in my hand. Quality build and I'm excited about the 40 hour battery life, I do wish the Left and Right shoulder triggers were analog though, they seem to just "click" as soon as you start to pull on them and there is no resistance till they bottom out.

Persona7

Banned
Not sure if I should arrive to walmart early and get in the back of the line OR arrive right when they open and rush the back of the store and hope they have a controller on the shelf. Apparently non pre-orders have to go to the electronics department so it will be a mess.

Appleman

Mine just shipped from best buy, supposedly getting here today but we'll see. If I'm able to get the controller but not the switch for the weekend I'll be pretty upset

Hoping Best Buy has them when I pick up my Switch tonight. I have one pre-ordered through Amazon Japan still just in case. If I get one tonight I will just cancel that order.

Same, hoping they'll be in stock tonight. If not, I'll live with the joycons and hope I don't run into the syncing issues some people had.

Coda

Same, hoping they'll be in stock tonight. If not, I'll live with the joycons and hope I don't run into the syncing issues some people had.

Called my local Best Buy to see if they'd have them tonight and I've been on hold for almost 20 minutes now. It sucks because my Amazon Japan order is saying that it's shipping soon so I don't even know if I can cancel it. Either way I'm sure I could just buy two and either keep both or sell one considering people will be looking for them shortly after launch.

hwy_61

Banned

Yup. Thing is like BUTTAH. I can't wait to use it

Top Bottom