• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which actor is the poor man's version of another actor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Surely it's Keira Knightly and Natalie Portman and you could add Millie from Stanger Things.

000249608-231193.jpg

Lol what? Hopkins and Hauer probably both do the same amount of trash equally, and Hopkins was never really a stranger to trash even when he was really popular.

They both really had thst one amazing movie (blade runner, silence of the lambs) that got them any job they wanted for a paycheck, and they both rode that train for all it was worth. I'd say their career path is pretty equal all things considered.

However Hopkins never wound up in straight to video trash like Hauer did in the 90's and 2000's, save for the occasional film that also featured a big cast, and he was also nominated for four Oscars in general, as well as giving some acclaim performances (Remains of The Day, Amistad etc...), outside of SOTL.

Their careers are only similar on a superficial level, otherwise their not that alike.

Lolwut. Benecio is way, WAY better than Banderas. From Snatch, Usual Suspects to Sicario. Banderas is a shlock, low rent actor.

I know this is from forever ago, but the idea that Benecio Del Toro is above some cash grab ads is ridiculous. Y'all ever seen this Magnum Gold commercial?

https://youtu.be/o1f1mRRugHw

Saw it in theaters in Thailand a couple years back. I guess it was directed by Bryan Singer?

Fitts

They don't really look alike, but it seems like casting directors get Josh Gad when they can't get Jonah Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom