• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which duology is better , GOW or TLOU?

Which Duology did you prefer?

• God of War / God of War: Ragnarok

Votes: 120 58.0%
  • The Last of us Part 1&2

Votes: 87 42.0%

• Total voters

Jennings

I haven't had an opportunity to play those games so I'll choose my own favorite duologies:

DOOM & DOOM Eternal
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor & Shadow of War

Last edited:

Madflavor

Out of all 4 games, TLoU1 has the best story with GoW 2018 trailing a very close 2nd. As an overall package however, I would say the GoW games just have more to offer. Also it was nice going through God of War Ragnarok and not hating all of it's characters, unlike TLoU Part 2.

FunkMiller

Dull, but accurate answer:

The two franchises are about equal. One excels in areas the other is weaker in, and vice versa.

Last edited:
Lets see

Story: tlou > gowr > gow > tlou2
Gameplay: gowr > tlou2 > gow > tlou
Audio: all equal
Graphics/tech/atmosphere: tlou2 > gowr > gow > tlou

With that in mind, I think tlou and tlou2 are better even if I prefer god of war. say what you want about tlou2 story but everything else is top dog and its a much better sequel while gowr feels more like an addon/expansion.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
GoW. I enjoyed both games and Ragnarok is the natural conclusion to the nordic gods story. I only enjoyed the 1st TLOU and its a game that dont even needed a sequel.
Which has me worried because I am somewhat new to GOW and want more. I hope there is not a 10+ year gap to the next game in the franchise, if there will be one. WOuld love them to rerelease all the other GOW games physically to PS5. I think there are 6 other games? Could they all fit on one PS5 disk+ plus any QOL updates?

Flutta

Banned
GOW any day of the week. TLOU was a fine game untill drunkmann had to mess it up with the sequel.
GOW > TLOU.

Top Bottom