• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which era of Nick shows was better?

Which one?

• Total voters
Alright, final part of the big three networks.

1543204192481.jpg

Raph64

Man, Nick had overally so many great shows but it was personally Avatar that stood out to me. I also really enjoyed Spongebob and El Tigre as a kid, it’s like a huge chunk of my childhood.

I’d choose Gen Y, by miles ahead the best era. Gen Z does have decent shows, though.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Gen Y had dem classics. CatDog theme song rings in my head.

Mr. Meaty was something else though.

Also since when did Timmy Turner n' gang get a dog.

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
never really cared for nick toons, but their live action stuff was way better. Like double dare, legends of the hidden temple, and that live action show were they play video games.

GuapitoChico

Neo Member
For me, it'd be stuff that aired 2002-2008, since those were my peak childhood years. So, I really gravitate toward the latter part of Millennial and the earlier part of Zoomer.

Doom85

Unlike Disney or Cartoon Network, this one isn't even a contest in my book. Just about everything in Gen Y rangers from good to excellent. In terms of Gen Z, Korra and Ninja Turtles 2012 are solid, but that's all I can speak for. Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents went downhill in their later years. I've heard good things about The Loud House and Miraculous but haven't watched them and have never heard anyone mention the others even the few cartoon-focused Youtubers I watch occasionally. Whereas Cartoon Network and Disney have been considered to have really gotten back in the game with animated series since roughly the beginning of 2010 (only issue with CN is balancing their schedule due to the whole infamous time of letting Teen Titans Go be like 60+% of their airing schedule), I never hear anyone speak that enthusiastically about Nickelodeon anymore. Like they apparently get a good show here or there but their overall quality seems to not be on par with CN and Disney.

Doug, Hey Arnold and Ginger were such amazing shows.

Rugrats felt like it would be in Generation X if it were on the Poll as I was almost a baby myself when it debuted (1989).

Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents are on the cusp and Jimmy Neutron I honestly have no idea where it goes. (Maybe on the cusp too)

Damn....only ever watched a few eps of Invader Zim and loved those!

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Born in 84 but I’ve never watched anything past Real Monsters on the pic.

Where are the live action shows? The following would be on my list:

Pete and Pete
Salute Your Shorts
Are you afraid of the dark
Clarissa explains it all
The secret adventures of Alex Mack
All That
Roundhouse
Nickelodeon Guts
Legend of the Hidden Temple

So basically all the good things that have ever been broadcast.

Top Bottom