• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game captures the original Halo magic better? Halo 4 or Halo 5: Guardians?

Better Halo game that feels closer to the originals and offers better quality overall.

• Halo 5 Guardians

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Halo 4

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 68 70.8%

• Total voters

GymWolf

bildschirmfoto2020-01jpjcs.png

lol "ruined".
Ff15 is only 3 points under that score (85 for the pc edition) and it's still remain a crappy unfininshed mess of a game, metacritic doesn't mean shit...

highrider

Banned
No definitely not. 343 have been a dismal failure if H1-3 are the quality standard. Both Halo 4 and 5 had elements that were well done, but in my opinion there’s something broken in the top creative shot callers for Halo. They don’t seem to understand the game really, and there’s no overarching real narrative or compelling reason to care much or even be entertained by what’s going on. In H5 if you play the mission Blue Team it’s a pretty good Halo level. It has some cool atmosphere in parts, it has a lot of classic covenant encounter design, but it just feels boring because there’s no connection to what’s going on, I don’t even understand what I’m doing there. The original Halo games always kept it simple, you gotta save Sgt Johnson. They need to put me on as creative lead. I will say that the work I’ve seen visually on Infinite looks really encouraging. Just getting back to a more classic art style would do wonders.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Neither but if I had to choose, Halo 4.

Plus there were aspects of Halo 4 I liked such as the Composer.

Best Halo games are still 2 and 3, imo. Halo Wars was a blast too and I normally don't like RTS games.

Larsowitz

Both fail. There is not a single moment where Halo 4 or 5 captures the Halo magic of the original trilogy.

I still really like Halo 5’s second mission “blue team”. Great music too.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
4 is a better game, but 5 has a better gameplay

The only kinda of the same situation is with Metal Gear Solid, that 4 is a better game (because it's fully fledged) but V has a better gameplay

Still, I don't see they as Halo games

Last edited:
Top Bottom