• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game has better graphics: Hellblade 2 or Death Stranding 2?

Which game has better graphics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ogbert

Depends how much they both end up getting downgraded.

Also, what frame rate?

Last edited:

Beechos

I'll say death stranding 2 so far much more gameplay revealed and looked just as good as that hellblade cinematic scene with the giant.

lol. there is not even a point of comparison.

DS2 by a wide margin
Yeah the Decima engine is one of the best, nice from Sony and Guerrilla to give the engine to Hideo. I have no doubt thas DS2 defenetly will look better that Hellblade2 when DS2 is ready next year. Why are a lot off people saying the UR5 engine is the ulimate engine ??

lm4rL5F.gif
rfmfsU6.gif

Get that tech demo shit outta here

SABRE220

Wow, both faces look amazing but are going for different art styles. Personally, Death Stranding looks more pleasing(almost like ps3 launch era final fantasy CGI) but hell blade2 model is more striking, although Death Stranding 2 is technically more impressive due to the scale difference.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think the best test is when we see Overdose versus Death Stranding 2, as that'll be the same talent working with UE and DECIMA respectively.

Am I missing something? The gameplay they showed of DS2 didn’t look anywhere near Hellblade 2 quality. The cutscenes were great but they’re cutscenes. However DS2 is open world so…

Aenima

Both look visually amazing, but Death Stranding 2 art direction is in another level.
Hellblade will probably have the more impressive facial animations, thats Ninja Theory strenght, but the rest of the game while good looking, seems to be using a shit load of cinematic effects like film grain, chromatic aberration, lots of motion blur and even horizontal black bars that hide the real thing.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Am I missing something? The gameplay they showed of DS2 didn’t look anywhere near Hellblade 2 quality. The cutscenes were great but they’re cutscenes. However DS2 is open world so…

The Poor IQ and heavy reliance on chromatic aberration/vignetting/etc.. in Hellblade 2 makes it look less impressive to me. I know it's in-line with the tone of the game but when compared to the pristine sharpness shown in the DS2 trailer, it's not as jaw dropping to me.

JackMcGunns

Yep. You don't know what ----> "tech?" <---- demo is.

I think you added something that wasn't on that title, wonder if that's a mistake or you're just being disingenous. I bet the latter.

Anyway, so you're saying Hellblade 2 graphics is tech demo worthy? how flattering. Got it.

Here's some context for you, I added the name of the video just as you requested, better?

HELLBLADE 2 Official Trailer 4K​

GdDm5dK.gif

Last edited:

Pop

One has the scope of a hallway and the other miles wide

The open world one looks much better for what its doing

JackMcGunns

Joke post? DS2 is just unbelievable...

Comparisons in general are a joke. I will say the team did an amazing job with the DS2 trailer, I can understand the excitement and why someone would quickly want to compare with HB2, but they're two different games with different goals. I will say that HB2 nails the facial animations, it's the best out there, got a few posters who need their sodium levels checked and I recommend a little copium if you have to call one trailer Fake or a Tech demo while the other is fair game lol. They're both cinematic trailers, if you have to dismiss one as being "UNREAL" (no pun intended), then you're warring it wrong since you just admitted what's superior looking lol.

Last edited:
The Poor IQ and heavy reliance on chromatic aberration/vignetting/etc.. in Hellblade 2 makes it look less impressive to me. I know it's in-line with the tone of the game but when compared to the pristine sharpness shown in the DS2 trailer, it's not as jaw dropping to me.
I can understand that with the “clean” look if that’s your thing. Just the models in gameplay didn’t look like this huge leap from DS1 Im seeing everyone talk about happy to be proven wrong tho when it releases. The cutscenes were cool.

Comparisons in general are a joke. I will say the team did an amazing job with the DS2 trailer, I can understand the excitement and why someone would quickly want to compare with HB2, but they're two different games with different goals. I will say that HB2 nails the facial animations, it's the best out there, got a few posters who need their sodium levels checked and I recommend a little copium if you have to call one trailer Fake or a Tech demo while the other is fair game lol. They're both cinematic trailers, if you have to dismiss one as being "UNREAL" (no pun intended), then you're warring it wrong since you just admitted what's superior looking lol.

How stupid are you? The ds2 trailer showed actual in game visuals. Why are you comparing to early in engine hellblade 2 teaser? The game looks nothing like that. Didn't you see the newest trailer?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
How stupid are you? The ds2 trailer showed actual in game visuals. Why are you comparing to early in engine hellblade 2 teaser? The game looks nothing like that. Didn't you see the newest trailer?

8hVJPZi.jpg

Are you blind? Did you see the latest HB2 trailer?

Screen-Recording-Google-Chrome.gif

TESTScreen-Recording-Google-Chrome-2.gif

HBScreen-Recording-Google-Chrome-3.gif

HB333-Screen-Recording-Google-Chrome-4.gif

If we're talking pure fucking visuals, HB2 looks better.

Not talking about "scope" and "scale" and all the other shit people use to compare games. Ignore all that and go bar for bar. HB2 punches a bit higher.

Last edited:
Yeah the more I look at the DS2 trailer the more apparent it becomes that the gameplay segments are significantly worse than the cutscenes. I suppose that's the downside of Kojima making the game, the majority of the budget goes on the cutscenes 🤷‍♂️

Pelta88

Is that true?
Would be nice, since it's the only Xbox game I'm interested in.

OT:

Both are pretty equal, but given the nature of both games, that makes DS2 much more impressive.

Saw it on reddit when HFi Rush reports came out. Makes sense considering the first was also on PS.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Both games aren't out, so anything and everything is a question mark in this point and time. Hellblade 2 is looking great, but it's hard to shake that with Death Stranding 2 being so far out that it'll potentially look better in the long run. It already looks great, and it still has a year and some change (potentially).

Character models in HB2 may have a slight edge

But everything ends? DS2 by far

Open world, no black bars, higher resolution it seems, and the nanite level detail is way more abundant

HB2 environments got a big downgrade from the initial teaser, we were all expecting that nanite level detail in the rocks and it’s now gone from the latest footage but it’s very clear in DS2

I know we're still early into the year but come the end of 2024 this might take top prize as Joke Thread of the Year. DS2, obviously. Having said that, I don't know why we're comparing the two games... Actually, I do, load up the artillery boys, it's WAR time!

Last edited:
8hVJPZi.jpg

Not talking about "scope" and "scale" and all the other shit people use to compare games. Ignore all that and go bar for bar. HB2 punches a bit higher.

Atleast you used the actual latest in game footage. Why was the other guy using an in engine teaser that doesn't represent how the actual game looks? Be honest atleast.

fatmarco

One game comes out 2024
One comes out a year later in 2025

Neither are out yet. Weird comparison
Yeah I mean, Hellblade 2 is likely going to look at least close to its most recent trailer as its coming out very soon, whereas Death Stranding 2 has a chance to see downgrades as, funnily enough, Hellblade 2 has already seen (at least relative to what they showed initially), and what most AAA games tend to see between announce and launch.

8hVJPZi.jpg

Post the actual outdoor areas where you’re not doing a confined and scripted fight sequence

Top Bottom