• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game or game franchise has the most annoying and extreme fanbois?

Bigrx1

Banned
You know the ones, those gamers who will lash out with an attack, or endless excuses, for any critique that may be presented to their preference, their deity, their GOD game. Curled up in their owner's (game's) lap they growl and defend their precious with unwavering servitude, unending denial and resolute excuses. We know these gamers - these FANBOIS. The most loyal, the most vicious, the most absurd and ridiculous. The ones that make you shake your head because you know there is no reason left, there is no getting through to them, there is no humanity left - they are simply this husk, this fanboi HUSK. Having sold their soul to the game, we can only pity them. That's all we have left to offer, simply... our pity.

So, which are the worst? Which game in particular or series of games has the most far gone fanbois?

Virex

Banned
1st party games of any console. It's a tough one though. Sony fanboys VS. Nintendo fanboys. They are still battling it out for worst fanboys. But Nintendo fanboys still are the crown holders of fanboys.

Why did I not mention Xbox. Well there's nothing there to fanboy about. And PC. Well it's common sense that it's the best:messenger_winking: and if you disagree I will get Ben Shapiro to destroy you with FACTS and LOGIC.

Last edited:

Arachnid

The Metal Gear fan base is filled with douchebags who all think they could have done a better job with the series since MGS1.

The Silent Hill fanbase is also incredibly toxic (or at least they used to be, I don't see many group fan discussions these days).

Last edited:

Bigrx1

Banned
My vote is Final Fantasy series, and as someone who played FFXIV for almost a year I would say FFXIV fanbois are some of the worst I've seen from the FF series as a whole.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
There are some who affectionately call me Husk.

Hard to top the first-party fanboys, and above them all I place the Xbox extremists. You seen them go into a frenzy as their one and only exclusive series was released on PC? But I guess it's only fair, when it's just about all their console had going for it.

Dark Souls fans can get pretty rabid. So can those "Prey" fans, you seen those guys?

That's how I got my name. I grew so devoted to Prey 2 that I became nothing but a husk.

Console - Nintendo. Their fans are insufferable
Franchise - Dark souls "u downt undastand da depff of da storeh, no paws? gi gud, da gayme iz eezee"
Honourable mention - Apple fans. You are the worst of the bunch. Your products are over-expensive bait-traps for hipster 'know-it-alls' who know nothing. You hypocrite, fart-sniffing clowns.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
1st party games of any console. It's a tough one though. Sony fanboys VS. Nintendo fanboys. They are still battling it out for worst fanboys. But Nintendo fanboys still are the crown holders of fanboys.

Why did I not mention Xbox. Well there's nothing there to fanboy about. And PC. Well it's common sense that it's the best:messenger_winking: and if you disagree I will get Ben Shapiro to destroy you with FACTS and LOGIC.
Fantastic post lol

Life

No point to mention a single title. Toxic lash-back is there for any game and its relevant fanbase. It's the same qualities/traits they all possess. What differs is the games they support. Difficult to gather such statistics.

Arachnid

But any fanboy is a asshole, for any game or media.
The Monster Hunter fanbase is the most accepting and kind fanbase I've ever come across. I've seen those guys straight up shut down toxic individuals and go out of their way to accommodate new players and those who have differing views. They impressed the shit out of me.

Other than them though, yeah. Most fan bases are pretty shitty,

FROM fans - Dark Souls series & Bloodborne in particular.
They've always seemed like a solid split. Back when I was starting to get into the genre, they always came off as helpful. The whole "git gud" attitude is somewhat true, but also generally recognized as satire. FROM fans (which includes me now I guess, idk why I'm referring to them as a separate group) are mostly solid IMO. Not straight up saints like the Monster Hunter fans, but far from the worst.

Last edited:

SnapShot

Doom:
"criticize the repetitive arenas"
hater, reeeeee
"criticize how they changing the artstyle to be more cartoony and over-the-top"
They're making it like the original, "I hate change!" reeeeee

But to be fair any fanbase can be annoying, eltist, purist....etc

Varteras

Gold Member
The worst fanbase of a particular game in recent memory for me has to be the Breath of the Wild fanboys. Holy hell. People couldn't even make a list on Twitter of their favorite games without some dweeb jumping in and asking them why Breath of the Wild, the greatest game ever known to mankind that should be the only game anyone ever plays from now until the end of time apparently, is not on their list. These people don't even believe anyone should have an opinion about the best games without including it. As if it is an objective fact that BotW is a game everyone loves and you're wrong for not including it even if you did like it.

On that note, I would probably have to give the nod to the Zelda franchise for the overall stupidity and obnoxiousness its fanbase has displayed over the decades. Which is a shame because I have a lot of respect for the games and have greatly enjoyed some of them.

Top Bottom